Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a tough one whether to sell.
Not under the cold light of objectivity it isn't. Easiest decision in the squad because of poor performance and projection as a player and highest potential return to fill out the squad.
But even the Dele-lite we have now gives us something,
And someone else that is technically sound will give us more.
there's always the possibility he'll wake up.
And there's the high probability that he won't
Dele is still better than the alternatives.
ringing endorsement. Sell the alternatives too is the solution as they are stealing oxygen too.
then there's a price where it makes sense
6M, profit!

Get rid.

Shame. Has the talent, perhaps not the application. The attitude is there as he cares if we/he win or lose.

Cant tell what the fee would be. Perhaps a loan and obligation to buy. But you could put him anywhere between £35-55m and whatever that is Euro's.

Like many, I have found him a very frustrating footballer over the last 3 seasons. Slow, ponderous passing, a dreadful desire to constantly play the hollywood showboat when the simple would have been more affective. Great work rate, even with that languid style, and some fantastic memories.

All in all however, a dreadful choice of facial hair and earring combo. Boohoo indeed

Didnt i answer that in my post? Lol we got battered with injuries last season, if a kick up the backside gives us an i form dele thats like a new signing!
Have you seen the amount of attacking players Chelsea have got? Theres 4 competitions and loads of competition for places.

Ndomble, bale and kane are massive sicknotes theres no chance id let any attacking players go, id get rid of rose, sissoko, aurier which would free up enough for levy to do his bargain basement dealings for a cb and dm

Didnt i answer that in my post? Lol we got battered with injuries last season, if a kick up the backside gives us an i form dele thats like a new signing!
Have you seen the amount of attacking players Chelsea have got? Theres 4 competitions and loads of competition for places.

Ndomble, bale and kane are massive sicknotes theres no chance id let any attacking players go, id get rid of rose, sissoko, aurier which would free up enough for levy to do his bargain basement dealings for a cb and dm
No, you didn't answer it in your previous post. You haven't answered it in this post either.

Dele has been poor for over 2 years, so.... I'll ask again. Why should we keep him if we want to win trophies?

Flogging him a season too late, but better late than never.

Also, timing is actually ok, seen as though bale is in and that adds to our allure for the next 3 signing we;re about to make.
I applaud you, dear sir, for being gracious in your comments now. I am not so dignified.

Just think about our possession numbers. We are no longer a possession team yet they may still go up 10%-age points.

No, you didn't answer it in your previous post. You haven't answered it in this post either.

Dele has been poor for over 2 years, so.... I'll ask again. Why should we keep him if we want to win trophies?

Um definitely think i did :)
Hes been as poor as everyone else, there was moments of brilliance in patches last season when jose tried to motivate him.
He was one of the better players in pre season and theres no way hes been the worst attacking player on the pitch this season.

So if kane and bale get injured your happy with the back up?
Unless dele is getting replaced by a better player i dont see why we would get rid, at the most a 6 month loan move.

Um definitely think i did :)
Hes been as poor as everyone else, there was moments of brilliance in patches last season when jose tried to motivate him.
He was one of the better players in pre season and theres no way hes been the worst attacking player on the pitch this season.

So if kane and bale get injured your happy with the back up?
Unless dele is getting replaced by a better player i dont see why we would get rid, at the most a 6 month loan move.
You are clearly new to watching football.

This is so sad. He is such a great talent and character. I love him and always believed in him, despite the inconsistency issue. I do not want him to go at all, but it seems like Mourinho's got him on the shit list and there is probably no coming back now. Such a damn shame.

Is there a different Dele Alli that you have been watching than the one who plays for Spurs?

And it isn't that Jose has him on a shit list it is that he hasn't played close to well enough or shown a willingness to work on his game that he deserves anything close to a spot on this team.

It is a shame that the Jose has him on his shit list narrative has now distracted from the fact that no matter who the manager is Alli should be sold because he just isn't that good any more and shows zero likelihood that he is going to improve, at least here. Maybe getting dropped and sold will be the wake up call he needs but I doubt it.

Clearly because i have a different opinion to you lol
You seem to argue my case as wrong yet give me no opinions or valid points from yourself apart from hes crap...
Enlighten me please so i can understand this game you call football.
You don't think him being poor is reason enough to move him on?
Even though he is 'crap' you think we need to keep him if we want to win trophies?

Sadly I can't enlighten those who have no idea...

Good move for us I think, but I hope to fuck this isn’t a counter cash balancing act by Levy with regards to Bale, Reguilon (approx 50m outlay)....this money if reports aren’t to be believed 50-65m region needs to go straight on a centre half...all of it!!!

You don't think him being poor is reason enough to move him on?
Even though he is 'crap' you think we need to keep him if we want to win trophies?

Sadly I can't enlighten those who have no idea...
I ovbiously dont think hes crap you do, by your logic and the results of last season then half the team should be gone yet you single out dele who definitely isnt the worst player in our team..

Back
Top Bottom