Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

NINTCHDBPICT000553618900-e1589529617948.jpg
😂 At least he'd work his arse off!

Jose has moved onto his next target. This one in my eyes is more deserving.
Yes...and Yes. It is, was, and has always been somebody for Mou. The middle manager always has to stamp their authority on proceedings. But, as you say, this one is more deserving and long overdue.

(not directed at you TS) Welcome aboard the mighty ship "Goodbye Dele" to all those that are now "seeing the light" on this player. Should have happened a long time ago and we, as a club, would be better off with the money that would have been received. This player was always overrated because folks are too fucking focused on shiny objects. But in the meat and potatoes this is a nothing player that we should have profited from seasons ago and perhaps we wouldn't have stagnated.

2015-18 he was playing on adrenaline and was incredible. Since then, just so patchy. Seems like since the 2018 World Cup he hasn't been anywhere near.

I honestly don't know what he's great at anymore, other than the occasional poached goal or as a cog in the odd quick passing move.

I'd always wonder 'what could have been' when he goes, but he clearly needs a big change of scenery and a kick up the arse.

I'd rather move on Sissoko and Lamela and even Winks first, but there won't be as many takers willing to pay up.

Dele is a strange case during his early years it really looked like he could be the next Lampard/Gerrard ect.

Just hasn't happened, during the 16/17 season he bagged 18 goals with 7 assists, and he hasn't surpassed that ever since.

Just odd how these things happen.

In the post match presser today

Reporter: Do you want to keep Dele Alli?
JM: I want a balanced squad that is what I want
Reporter: Can he be still in a balanced squad?
JM: Yes
Reporter: Or does he need to be sacrificed then to make that squad?
JM: No he doesn't need to be sacrificed but a squad is a puzzle

Very interesting to see his deflection on that first question. Also said Dele will play against Orient on Tuesday.

It's a tough one whether to sell. He has lots of critics and I get the 'how long do you wait for him to start performing, he's been poor for 2 years'. But even the Dele-lite we have now gives us something, and there's always the possibility he'll wake up. Gio is great, but when he's injured, Dele is still better than the alternatives.

I think it all depends on the offer. If we get really good money, then there's a price where it makes sense, particularly if it let's us balance the squad. But it needs to be a big number imo.

In the post match presser today

Reporter: Do you want to keep Dele Alli?
JM: I want a balanced squad that is what I want
Reporter: Can he be still in a balanced squad?
JM: Yes
Reporter: Or does he need to be sacrificed then to make that squad?
JM: No he doesn't need to be sacrificed but a squad is a puzzle

Very interesting to see his deflection on that first question. Also said Dele will play against Orient on Tuesday.
I noted that too.

If our first choice front 3 is Bale- Kane-Son, with Kane occasionally dropping deeper to play the others in behind, and we have one or both of GLC & Ndombele moving the ball forward quickly & breaking the lines with a pass, I don't see an obvious role for Dele in Mourinho's "squad puzzle".

So, if we can get serious money from a loan fee or transfer, I suspect Mourinho will consider recommending accepting the offer and using the cash to plug a hole in the squad such as back-up striker. Either Edouard (with the PSG sell-on clause link), or Weghorst, or a Mendes client would be my guess.

We do seem to have a fuck loads of options in his position and now that Bale is here, you've gotta think that someone has got to make way.

Especially when we need a new centre back and a back up for Harry.

How much could we expect for Dele? £40m+? Reinvest that into a centre back and we'll be a far more balanced side.

I dont see dele leaving but tbh our main selection on a match day i doubt he will be starting..especially with a 433 with kane son and bale.
With the fixture congestion and clear injuries to bale and kane eventually,i dont think we can afford to get rid of him anyways if we want to win a trophy

Back
Top Bottom