Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alli has peaked and is another one in the long line of that players that are content with being "good" but not great. He made his money and the fire is gone. Move on while we can.

The most damning thing about Dele right now is that not only does he seem incapable of consistently recapturing that form that made him explode, but that he just doesn't seem to play in a manner/position that suits the team/formation.

Imagine this afternoon with Dele in the lineup. We don't score those counterattacking goals if he was involved in the buildup. No way. We can account for Kane's lack of pace but not Dele's.

Bale returning is a nail in the coffin.

Oh fuck off José.
Take nothing away from Kane. Those passes were ridiculously good but Son had to put those chances away
What jose was doing was seducing Kane into being happy with the role he wants him to play.

Very Jose; very clever.

Kane is a guzzler and loves to hog chances for himself, as he knows what ability he has.

It can cost us, though.

This version of Kane may not fulfill his aspirations to break all the records, but it is so much better for the team, overall.

I expect our overall team goal tally to be real nice this season.

by your logic and the results of last season then half the team should be gone
Yup, get rid of them too. Can't really be a painful rebuild with out some pain. Of course this move brings me no pain but for some of you I understand it is emotionally trying. But if it would help you cope by getting rid of some of the other dross then by all means we should do it.*

*actually we should just do it anyway.

What jose was doing was seducing Kane into being happy with the role he wants him to play.

Very Jose; very clever.

Kane is a guzzler and loves to hog chances for himself, as he knows what ability he has.

It can cost us, though.

This version of Kane may not fulfill his aspirations to break all the records, but it is so much better for the team, overall.

There is an alternative to having to butter up Kane about this. And one that I've been harping on about. You know, actually cashing in and getting a player more fitting to do that role, bigger, faster, more mobile/agile, better technically.

Igula Igula

There is an alternative to having to butter up Kane about this. And one that I've been harping on about. You know, actually cashing in and getting a player more fitting to do that role, bigger, faster, more mobile/agile, better technically.

Igula Igula

Unfortunately that player isn't out there and doesn't make us better.

Dele better stats the Gerrard and Lampard at the same age.
why do folks always have to justify shit in a relative fashion? Gerrar and Lampard don't play for us so who cares. Just admit you were wrong and try to learn from it. then perhaps in the future you won't make the same mistake in judging a player based on stats/goals/shiny objects instead of A) how those stats came about and B) his general play. If you had, you would have realized that Dele benefited FROM the system more than he contributed TO the system. And now he is on his long and winding road back to league 1.

Last edited:

Very Jose; very clever.

It can cost us, though.

Meant to out this in the match thread but anyway....it was unnecessary to go about it like that. He told kane when he came off so leave it at that. making one player happy by saying that in the manor he did he takes away the contribution of another. It was awarded by the commentator so that's that. Luckily sonny is a true professional and doesn't like that get to him.

Unfortunately that player isn't out there and doesn't make us better.
You are incorrect AND a player that can do this is the exact player that would makes us better. You not knowing of the players out there does not mean they don't exist. As I've told you before it is easy to find strikers that can do the 90% of the job. The harder part is finding the ones that can do the 10%/goal scoring. Remember, Drogba for Mou didn't score goals, he facilitated. And that's what Mou wants. So why keep a 150M goal scorer around when you can cash in and get two #9 faciliators, a DM and a CB and have a little change in your pocket? ManU is ripe for the picking right now.

We will regret this just like many are regretting not selling Dele at his peak profile. But folks like to make the same mistakes over and over. It's comforting to them.

Back
Top Bottom