Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is an alternative to having to butter up Kane about this. And one that I've been harping on about. You know, actually cashing in and getting a player more fitting to do that role, bigger, faster, more mobile/agile, better technically.

Igula Igula
I've had my moments wanting to flog kane before his injuries reduce him to a bag of bones, but the direction we're heading in now we have to keep him.

We'll be able to rest him and get the best performance out of him.

Meant to out this in the match thread but anyway....it was unnecessary to go about it like that. He told kane when he came off so leave it at that. making one player happy by saying that in the manor he did he takes away the contribution of another. It was awarded by the commentator so that's that. Luckily sonny is a true professional and doesn't like that get to him.
Wanted to make a big statement.

Sonny's a big boy and knows what's up.

Fuss about nothing.

For me, the one thing I have learnt from All or Nothing, is that Dele should give the same amount of passion on the pitch as he does in the dressing room. Clearly a big personality and clearly talented, but time to cash in now.

What jose was doing was seducing Kane into being happy with the role he wants him to play.

Very Jose; very clever.

Kane is a guzzler and loves to hog chances for himself, as he knows what ability he has.

It can cost us, though.

This version of Kane may not fulfill his aspirations to break all the records, but it is so much better for the team, overall.

I expect our overall team goal tally to be real nice this season.
Yeah. That’s what it was

I've had my moments wanting to flog kane before his injuries reduce him to a bag of bones, but the direction we're heading in now we have to keep him.
I've seen and agreed with them. I'm not denying he can/will be successful but i also think it could benefit both parties AND we will regret missing the cash and filling out the squad. but I also long for some more power and pace from that position. And if we are going to tactically devalue the scoring from it then we can find the other aspects more easily. But I get your perspective.

We'll be able to rest him and get the best performance out of him.
Hope so. And I hope both parties' targets are hit. And if we start blowing teams out his points/goal may drop, as he will be scoring Lukaku-goals (last goal in a 4-0 blowout), but his overall number will remain high enough to keep him happy.

Wanted to make a big statement.

Sonny's a big boy and knows what's up.

Fuss about nothing.

4 goals speaks for itself and Sonny will no doubt get all the headlines.... Jose was just ensuring Harry got due props for a game-changing contribution.

You are incorrect AND a player that can do this is the exact player that would makes us better. You not knowing of the players out there does not mean they don't exist. As I've told you before it is easy to find strikers that can do the 90% of the job. The harder part is finding the ones that can do the 10%/goal scoring. Remember, Drogba for Mou didn't score goals, he facilitated. And that's what Mou wants. So why keep a 150M goal scorer around when you can cash in and get two #9 faciliators, a DM and a CB and have a little change in your pocket? ManU is ripe for the picking right now.

We will regret this just like many are regretting not selling Dele at his peak profile. But folks like to make the same mistakes over and over. It's comforting to them.

Man U doesn't have anyone they are giving up that is worth a damn.

I don't see us getting 150 m or getting player that make us better even if we get that money and spend it somewhat wisely, which I likewise doubt we would do.

It is not fair to compare regretting moving Alli who was overvalued and not helping us to Kane who is our best player and will maintain value going forward.

Jose might like it because reducing our goal totals would definitely help him hammer down on the need to reduce goals against but after watching us need to be saved by individual effort from Kane and Son why you would want us to make our team worse and take away players that can create those individual moments that we need is beyond me.

Bringing in guys and passing off their lack of ability as them being "facilitators" does not make us better.

It is not fair to compare regretting moving Alli who was overvalued and not helping us to Kane who is our best player and will maintain value going forward.
Well, both are overvalued which bring up the cliche "stike while the irons hot". And Kane is our 'best player' how? Not disputing your assertion but asking for your metric. In what way is he our best player? He's our top goal scorer but in what way is he our best player?

effort from Kane and Son why you would want us to make our team worse and take away players that can create those individual moments that we need is beyond me.
Create? C'mon man. Even Kane said that one time all he did was turn kick the ball without looking for one of the goals. There is no 'create'. He hit 3 balls into space FFS. It's called holdup play and tons of strikers can do it... You, right here, are overvaluing something. And why would you want the guy that you rate based on his goal scoring to be wasted by dropping into the center circle to kick balls over the backline? Not really scoring goals is he? You see the conundrum?

Bringing in guys and passing off their lack of ability as them being "facilitators" does not make us better.
And this is a silly statement because the converse iwould then also be true and that is that goal scoring lack ability to facilitate. And Harry will have diffulty doing it against better/strong/faster/smarter defenders because holdup play ain't his forte (see CL final). I wouldn't call that a lack of ability as much as a lack of developmental focus. People thought Benzema couldn't score because he spent his time facilitating (with RM). That was just observer's ignorance and understanding of the game.

Well, both are overvalued which bring up the cliche "stike while the irons hot". And Kane is our 'best player' how? Not disputing your assertion but asking for your metric. In what way is he our best player? He's our top goal scorer but in what way is he our best player?

The metric of him having the most skill and doing the most to help us win would be the two biggest.

The fact we have nobody else that can play striker increases his importance but isn't what makes him the best player we have just a player that is unlikely to be replaced if we move him.

Create? C'mon man. Even Kane said that one time all he did was turn kick the ball without looking for one of the goals. There is no 'create'. He hit 3 balls into space FFS. It's called holdup play and tons of strikers can do it... You, right here, are overvaluing something. And why would you want the guy that you rate based on his goal scoring to be wasted by dropping into the center circle to kick balls over the backline? Not really scoring goals is he? You see the conundrum?

I mean one quote out of context shouldn't really negate what we can clearly see on the field. Outside of GLC he is clearly the best passer on the team. I know it is a joke know but if we had another world class striker Kane in MF would be a better option for us than anyone other than GLC and he would be a better midfield than the majority of MFers in the PL, top 6 squads included.

I don't only rate Kane on his goal scoring but his overall skill as well. If kicking the ball into space is so easy as you claim how come so few players do it as effectively as Kane? Son makes those runs all the time and our midfield rarely finds him with passes, watching other teams and their midfielders rarely make similar plays, can't think of many strikers, if any, that I see that can pass as well as Kane including the great and wonderful (and wildly overrated) Firmino who that is what he is supposed to be great at.

If all Kane offered was goals maybe I would agree with you but these so called facilitators we would bring in would almost assuredly be worse at passing, holding up the ball, getting into space and definitely goal scoring. I don't see the point in downgrading in all those areas just because Kane is world class at goal scoring so people overlook his actual talent.

And this is a silly statement because the converse iwould then also be true and that is that goal scoring lack ability to facilitate. And Harry will have diffulty doing it against better/strong/faster/smarter defenders because holdup play ain't his forte (see CL final). I wouldn't call that a lack of ability as much as a lack of developmental focus. People thought Benzema couldn't score because he spent his time facilitating (with RM). That was just observer's ignorance and understanding of the game.

But this is just BS.

Kane does not have difficulty doing that at all. He doesn't struggle against those types of defenders now and is better at hold up play and passing than anyone we will bring in, Benzema (who we couldn't bring in) included.

Thomas Tuchel, could be on his way out this season, Poch for the managers job, Poch wants his golden boy. If you want me to be brutally honest, fucking milk PSG for every penny and let Dele go, I certainly wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

If you watch that goal back, Harry clearly looks first before 'just turning and kicking the ball'. It was a great pass executed perfectly. He said it tongue in cheek.
He is a complete striker, and our best player (he's the best passer we have). The only reason he didn't score more today was due to others being offside.

The fact we have nobody else that can play striker increases his importance
Importance, possibly, but most skilled and all that other stuff, gonna have to disagree.

Outside of GLC he is clearly the best passer on the team.
Tanguy is the best passer on the team...by some distance. But this is a skinniest kid at fat camp situation. We have a team of cloggers that can't do much of the basics of footballing skills. In fact, we are in the thread of one of the cloggiest cloggers of the bunch who is thankfully getting moved on. Being the best of a bad bunch isn't something to crow about. But Tanguy is absolutely good and Kane and just better than most of the rest. There's a difference.

If kicking the ball into space is so easy as you claim how come so few players do it as effectively as Kane?
You should watch other leagues.

If all Kane offered was goals maybe I would agree with you but these so called facilitators we would bring in would almost assuredly be worse at passing, holding up the ball, getting into space and definitely goal scoring.
I'm starting to sense either a miscommunication or a dearth of understanding. the faciliators would be doing exactly those other things. Strikers don't score folks say they are shit but they may be doing the other parts of the job perfectly. Those players are out there. And the assumption is that Kane is great at all those things and he is not...just better than the rest of the lost we have.

But we can let this go. I sense, just like with Dele now, that in a few years I will be in a Deja vu type situation and commenting in the HK thread about another player that folks are overrating and are unwilling to give up.

Back
Top Bottom