Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how wise this is from Jose. I get it he's joking but if my boss came out and did that live whilst I was accepting an award I'd be none too pleased.
Come off it, that was nothing. If he sensitive about that, he would crumble if he was a member of this forum.

Poch or Klopp did not need to change the whole team at all.

Klopp was mocked for his first 2/3 years and in some quarters called "Brendan Klopp" cos all the old faults remained.

Guardioloa was widely panned for his first season as City fell significantly off the pace....

Last edited:
Klopp was mocked for his first 2/3 years and in some quarters called "Brendan Klopp" cos all the old faults remained.

Guardioloa wide widely panned for his first season as City fell significantly off the pace....

Klopp changed/upgraded pretty much the entire Liverpool team because the old one wasn’t good enough.

Come off it, that was nothing. If he sensitive about that, he would crumble if he was a member of this forum.
Of course..... Because Premier League footballers are notoriously well known for having no egos and being completely level headed without any need for reassurance.

Your comparison with this site is not really very good because for the most part, posters on this site are largely anonymous - I doubt people would speak to each other face to face the way they speak to each other in here.

Klopp changed/upgraded pretty much the entire Liverpool team because the old one wasn’t good enough.
You feel the Liverpool owners bought into Klopp to the level if he asked for 75m for a dick, he got 75m for a dick.

I was worried about Levy and Jose but am somewhat pleasantly surprised at the Bale and Reguilon arrivals. If we were to add another 2 or 3 players, and at least 1 or 2 were known players, I would start to think maybe Levy is ready to back a manager in the market.

Guardioloa wide widely panned for his first season as City fell significantly off the pace....
Guilty!
Difference is they aren’t Spurs.

Some “fans” need to remember who they are supposed to support.

You feel the Liverpool owners bought into Klopp to the level if he asked for 75m for a dick, he got 75m for a dick.

I was worried about Levy and Jose but am somewhat pleasantly surprised at the Bale and Reguilon arrivals. If we were to add another 2 or 3 players, and at least 1 or 2 were known players, I would start to think maybe Levy is ready to back a manager in the market.

Bale and Regulion are the icing on the cake but we need the cake. The cake is a good CF, DM and CB, get that and I think we are ready to challenge.

Of course..... Because Premier League footballers are notoriously well known for having no egos and being completely level headed without any need for reassurance.

Your comparison with this site is not really very good because for the most part, posters on this site are largely anonymous - I doubt people would speak to each other face to face the way they speak to each other in here.
Even so, words can hurt, you just need to view the toilet thread to see that. I'd be disappointed if he was upset by that.

People want to bang on about "worst half/game of football evaaar", but I will take that 3-0 Brighton loss to the grave.

Not sure how wise this is from Jose. I get it he's joking but if my boss came out and did that live whilst I was accepting an award I'd be none too pleased.
After the final whistle, Kane and son had their arms around each other walking off the pitch, both smiling at the camera with sonny pointing to Kane repeatedly. Granted I've not got a degree in body language but that would suggest to me that sonny is saying to everybody "look at this guy, he did an amazing job today".

You should stop listening to the media and to united fans. the fanbase have this huge favoritism towards some of the players and they crucified mourinho because he dares to drop those player as if they understand football better than someone with 25 major trophies throughout his career. Now tell me what did they have won since he left ? What did they have won since Martial, Pogba and Rashford start playing regularly with freedom and smile on their face ? Nothing , so how can anyone said Mourinho was wrong to drop them ? Rashford didn't turn up when it matters, Pogba didn't turn up when it matters, Martial didn't turn up when it matters, they bottled all the 3 semifinal they got in last season. The media may paint Mourinho as some kind of finished dinosaur coach but trust me, the only one finished is Manchester United Football club , with their incompetent management and board who decide who to play based on popularity votes not Mourinho. Mourinho prefer players who gave 6-7 / 10 each game than players who drop 8-9 and then 2-4 the next game, it's about being consistent which is why he loved Matic and Fellaini back then which is also why Harry Winks played regularly too, because consistency is what a squad needed to win the league, those players who only good for 1-2 games does look nice on youtube compilation though. About game management yesterday against southampton, notice how Mourinho not only manage the style and pattern to play , he also manage his player stamina, he realized soton would have run out of their gas in second half after running around the pitch for the first 45 minutes and told kane to drop deeper to feed son through ball and rip them apart in second half. He is tactical genius who only focused at winning the game , and as long as the players buy into his idea , He will definitely delivers.
Indeed, man utd are a shambles. Pogba is their biggest mistake but they can't admit to it

Well now they have a manager who spread positivity in their dressing room , play "united way" , getting of rid deadwood , playing shaw and martial every week and etc yet somehow they finished with 66 points twice ( mourinho had them on 69 and 81 plus 2 trophies ) while also being trophyless , but yeah never let facts disturb the agenda that mourinho is finished dinosaur.
Points totals are irrelevant, they only reflect the strength of the league in that season. League position matters and they finished 3rd last season. Better than Mourinhos 6th and better than the 6th place he left them in, obviously not as good as 2nd. Thats under a very ordinary manager in Solskjaer. Anyway i'm not too fussed what he did at United, Chelsea or Real i'm concerned with how he has performed here and its been middling to poor. I truly hope yesterday and the signings this week are the turning point. We have great attacking players and need to get them on the ball as much as possible,preferably not from hoofing it 50 yards. No agenda from me, i dont hate the bloke or want him to fail but i think its reasonable to have doubts after 10 months of generally tedious football with no real plan or pattern.

Points totals are irrelevant, they only reflect the strength of the league in that season. League position matters and they finished 3rd last season. Better than Mourinhos 6th and better than the 6th place he left them in, obviously not as good as 2nd. Thats under a very ordinary manager in Solskjaer. Anyway i'm not too fussed what he did at United, Chelsea or Real i'm concerned with how he has performed here and its been middling to poor. I truly hope yesterday and the signings this week are the turning point. We have great attacking players and need to get them on the ball as much as possible,preferably not from hoofing it 50 yards. No agenda from me, i dont hate the bloke or want him to fail but i think its reasonable to have doubts after 10 months of generally tedious football with no real plan or pattern.

That "middling to poor" would have bagged us 4th if transposed across the whole season..... Perhaps even better if our team didn't get decimated by injury.

....."No agenda" from me either.

[EDIT: Amazing some people's aversion to facts isn't it?]

Last edited:
I would suggest that Mourinho knows how Son would react to banter better than any of us.

Assuming Jose was out of order and could've upset Son is just a ridiculous leap. It was so obviously banter for christ sake.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has an anti-mourinho agenda and should be laughed off this forum.

You're welcome.

:mourbringit:

Harry is about to become our new number 10. Similar to England a link between midfield and attack. Jose pointing out his game is not just about goals part of that.

Either that or he just likes winding up Son fanboys on football forums.
We all know they exist. Must be next level hatred for Jose today!!

:levyeyes::levyeyes::levyeyes:

Harry is about to become our new number 10. Similar to England a link between midfield and attack. Jose pointing out his game is not just about goals part of that.

Either that or he just likes winding up Son fanboys on football forums.
We all know they exist. Must be next level hatred for Jose today!!

:levyeyes::levyeyes::levyeyes:
I think with Bale coming in as well we will see more and more of Kane dropping off to play through balls to two very quick wingers with great finishing.

Back
Top Bottom