Southampton vs Tottenham - Sun 20th Sept at 12noon.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, well you didn't exactly help matters by stoking the fires
:freund:
Fuck em Bill
They had a lot to say when people turned on Poch after 5.5 YEARS

Same people trying to talk about support back then ripping into the manager and club every five seconds in less than a season, with new signings bedding in, and after coming from behind and smashing a team.

Fuck every single one of them.

Haha, well you didn't exactly help matters by further fuelling the fires
:freund:

Sammy's right about Jenas though. A) he's a populist narrative man(*) and B) significantly butthurt over "Mauricio".

(*He was awful in the CL final!)

Likeable demeanour and ex-spurs (obv.), but he gets right on my tits as a pundit.

Agreed, when all's said and done we'd played poorly in the first half and went in slightly fortunate to be level. Poorly, i.e. not very well but not "appallingly", not "abysmally", not "shockingly", not to the extent where you'd say consider sacking the manager or abandoning your support for your team (some were claiming they were "done"). Apparently this is to be the default reaction to a below-average performance

Slightly fortunate to be level. We'd gone behind to a extremely good goal from one of the league's most in-form strikers the result of an outstanding pass that caught out our defence. The reaction was as if this had never happened before, that it was "unacceptable", that Eric Dier was somehow an utter fucking cunt to have been left flat-footed by a piece of great skill from the opposing team.

It didn't help that Jermaine Jenas was stoking the fire with his own hysterics, but even so, some posters should be embarassed by their posting pre-second half. Every time Winks committed the mortal sin of not passing forwards (regardless of whether or not there was anyone to pass to) he was an utter fucking cunt. Our new signings are utter fucking shit. And so on and so on.

Posting during games is poisonous
I agree with most of this Bill.

Rarely do I post mid-game during Spurs games on account that I'm watching it, if I am then it's fair to say it's boring as fuck I guess, I tend to miss all the in-game comments though and stick to half-time and post match.

But it's fair to say that halftime is the opportunity for most to express their takes and express their feelings. Posters should be able to do this without being personally attacked. There should be no issue of having these challenged and equalling they can be passionately defended. But this place is turning into a sess-pitt with people not doing this and going in two-footed on the individual posters. It's the same people over and over again in every fucking thread.

Sammy's right about Jenas though. A) he's a populist narrative man(*) and B) significantly butthurt over "Mauricio".

(*He was awful in the CL final!)

Likeable demeanour and ex-spurs (obv.), but he gets right on my tits as a pundit.
I thought his comments were spot-on though. (I can't see what's been said by Sammy as he's now on ignore).

I have little time for most commentators and co-comms on account that most are narrative driven, where very little substance is shared usually because very little homework and basic research is done on the teams they are commnetating on (this is directed mainly to the co-comms, I think loads of research is done by the commentators but unfortunately these days this is directed in the area of utterly baseless stats).

Some people simply just can't take criticism levied at their team. There are always times where that is felt more keenly than others and I can openly admit to getting annoyed at what is being said as it dosen't reflect the game I'm watching.

But we were dog shit in the first half, being outplayed and had no control of the game, I feel his and every single pundit and analyist I've subsequently read or listened to since this game has also reflected this. To some it ha clearly upset, to others (me) I was nodding along with it.

Last edited:
You point is admirable and correct, the vehicle you delivered it in, not so.
What would you say to someone standing behind you in the ground abusing our manager and players for 43 minutes?

Id tell them to shut the fuck up you cunt.

But it’s “admirable” to defend despicable fans on here?
Oh that’s right, you’re just another wanker aren’t you

3 points is great and we've gone above Chelscum.

I've re-watched the game and been reading Saint fan's views. They believe Romeu's early yellow really killed what they were trying to do, which nearly succeeded in the first half i.e. out press and out pass us to score 2 - 3 goals.

Kane's passing and relationship with Sonny, plus Sonny's pace and finishing covered a multitude of sins yesterday. We could have been 3 down quite easily in which case Saints would have dropped off and not given Son the space.

The real bright spark in the first half was Ndombele. The prospect of Regulion, Bale, Ndombele, Kane, Son and Lo Celso in the same team is obviously amazing.

I'm still concerned about the defensive tactics and the subsequent defending which seems reactive and, at times, panicky.

I've re-watched the game and been reading Saint fan's views. They believe Romeu's early yellow really killed what they were trying to do, which nearly succeeded in the first half i.e. out press and out pass us to score 2 - 3 goals.

Kane's passing and relationship with Sonny, plus Sonny's pace and finishing covered a multitude of sins yesterday. We could have been 3 down quite easily in which case Saints would have dropped off and not given Son the space.

The real bright spark in the first half was Ndombele. The prospect of Regulion, Bale, Ndombele, Kane, Son and Lo Celso in the same team is obviously amazing.

I'm still concerned about the defensive tactics and the subsequent defending which seems reactive and, at times, panicky.

hence why, still work to be done with this team. A central defender is 100% needed plus a back up striker to Harry.

I think that while Ndombele didn't have a bad game, great bit of skill for the goal, he also wasn't amazing.

He is not a natural 10 and the shape of that midfield was all over the place in the first half.

Notice how much more comfortable Winks and Hojberg were in the second half once Gio came on.

Great options to have but we have to get comfortable with having Lo Celso and Ndombele on the pitch at the same time and find the right system.

If we do this I genuinely believe our 11 (with Bale and Reggie) has the potential to be the best in the league.

hence why, still work to be done with this team. A central defender is 100% needed plus a back up striker to Harry.

If we kick on against Newcastle next week and produce the same kind of threat, then I'll agree we are progressing, but you can be certain the magpies won't be playing a high line. I've a feeling we are going to struggle to make chances, but Lo Celso and Ndombele in the same midfield could change that.

I think that while Ndombele didn't have a bad game, great bit of skill for the goal, he also wasn't amazing.

[...]

Yes but I didn't say he was amazing. I said he was a bright spark, i.e. what I mean is he finally showed something of his talent that justifies his price tag.

If we kick on against Newcastle next week and produce the same kind of threat, then I'll agree we are progressing, but you can be certain the magpies won't be playing a high line. I've a feeling we are going to struggle to make chances, but Lo Celso and Ndombele in the same midfield could change that.

Add Bale into the mix mate and we got one of the best front 3 in Europe. We will score goals with that front 3. I’m just worried about our defence. I think we need a top class centre back still.

Back
Top Bottom