Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup 3rd Round - Postponed - Spurs receive a bye

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shits now hitting the fan - PHE won't make a decision, they want the clubs to decide - obviously neither club wants to forfeit so both are sitting on their hands. Another example of where the UK authorities simply refuse to take responsibility, useless the feckin' lot of 'em.

Surely, it's Leyton Orient who have the issue with the infections so it's on them to forfeit. A simple rule which needs enforcing ffs. Shouldn't be up to the clubs.

I get how much the money would mean to Leyton Orient, what's happening is really threatening clubs at that level, but at the end of the day it's players health and safety on the line.

They might have a squad of players still healthy, but they had 18 members of staff infected, meaning their stadium and training pitch is closed. We've funded their Covid tests for them, and I'm sure the club would be willing to give them the win bonus to cover some costs, but greed is taking over.

Time for the EFL to pay for every squad in League 2 to be tested.

If 18 people are infected at one club, you can bet your house that it's rife throughout the league. Premier League teams and I'm presuming Championship teams should be able to operate in a bubble. League 1 and 2 clearly can't. Nor North Macedonian First League teams where most of their players all have second jobs.

Postpone all cup games, domestic and European until later on in the season. Allow Premier League teams, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A etc to play within a bubble with regular testing. Covid is back in full swing again and this is just a massive fuck up waiting to happen.

Apparently our players have trained as normal so they aren’t playing today and it’s definitely not going ahead. Pathetic if the lack of announcement is due to the orient chairman standing firm that it is postponed rather then cancelled.

This is a fucking shambles to leave the decision this late with all this uncertainty.

"Protocol this season dictates that a side forfeits the tie if it cannot fulfil its fixture."

With 18 positive tests, stadium closed etc, impossible for them to safely fulfil the fixture.

Even if we wanted to avoid the protocol that was put in place, it's virtually impossible with the schedule - the knock on effect would be a nightmare (not just for us).

Even Orient fans I've heard are saying it extremely unfortunate but obvious decision to make. Ridiculous EFL can't see that. Wtf do they think is going to change?
Didnt read a word of this.. Whos the babe?

Back
Top Bottom