Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur - League Cup 3rd Round - Postponed - Spurs receive a bye

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was even before lockdown wasn't it? :mourshock:
This one is more recent.
Geoffrey-Bayldon-FI.jpg

People are focusing on Orient´s point of view as a club, possible new dates for the game to be played. Some are even criticizing Tottenham for "not wanting" to play.

But the real big news in this whole thing is that, if we were not proactive by paying for Orient´s tests, everybody - not only Tottenham, but the whole Premier League - would be at risk.

It was very, very close from a complete disaster. Wake up, people...

That does it, free beer from me for life for the yid who hangs this cunt from the Tower of London.
Just such a hateful cretin.

Imagine blaming Spurs for pushing a club towards extinction when we paid for their Coronavirus tests and Harry Kane paid for their shirt sponsors out of his own goodwill.

Can you imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and Spurs had loads of Covid cases and couldn't field a side.

Instead of the rules being followed and a bye being awarded to Leyton Orient, we managed to scrounge a postponement instead?

There'd be screams of corruption or 'one rule for the rich, another for the poor' all that sort of shite.

Letter of the law should be followed. Rules are rules, it's unfortunate but tough titties at the end of the day.

I'm going to make a real sexist remark here - this is what happens when you have men making decisions on organisational stuff - haven't got a clue!

I'm not even sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) this cup should be scrapped permanently but even more this season

2) Leyton Orient should clearly be forced to forfeit since they knowingly played sick players already and acted like total idiot

3) PL should refuse to play lower league teams who don't test. sorry but our entire season could be ruined or our players could literally die or suffer permanent lung damage if they get sick, test daily before the games or fuck off from the domestic cups.

Fucking fair play wheoever it was at our end that had the idea to push them to get tested..... They'd have fucked us and their next one or two league opponents too otherwise.

I have to say the whole thing is incredible - not the postponement, but the fact that League 1 and 2 clubs don't have to test their players.

Its like Russian (Covid 19) roulette for the Premier league clubs playing league 1 or 2 clubs.

For all we know C19 might be rife in both league 1 and 2 and the love is going to be well and truly spread tonight to all the other clubs and ultimately the Premier League.

Madness

Watch Spurs cover the costs lost by Leyton Orient, pay for their covid tests and raise money for the Justin Edinburgh foundation but still come out of this in a bad light.

I think the way schedules are it's unfair to put it on Spurs to reschedule this game. Either they only play negative tested players or they forfeit.
If they reschedule the match it would mean that they didn't really need to make us play Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday (for two weeks in a row) in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom