Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football as we supporters know it died this weekend. Normally we would be celebrating a 1-0 win and talking of missed chances. The game has become a slow motion science replay that ignores every normal natural rule of body position and movement.
If this is allowed to continue all season the FA will have murdered our sport.
Shame on them.

Not a fucking clue. Because despite it hitting the Newcastle guy's arm they were kinda more 'tucked in'?

Of course, it's all cowardly nonsense by VAR and the referee anyway - anyone with sense knows that when you jump up honestly to try and win a header your arms sure as fuck aren't staying by your sides. The Dier incident goes to show how bizarre and jobsworth it's also become: he wasn't even looking in the direction the ball hit him from - he knew nothing about it and had no intention of handballing.

I could be mistaken but it felt like the VAR team didn't even check that potential handball from Ndombele's pass. If they did then I apologise but if they didn't then it does scream corruption.
Do you have any video with it? Missed that part somehow

Best league in the world...worst refs in the world.

Reason is there is absolutely no accountability. It's a closed shop. Don't have to justify anything. No punishments for mistakes. No requirement to publicly explain themselves.

They're all shit so they all defend each other so they keep their salaries.

Until there is proper accountability, the refs will remain absolutely awful.

I don’t care now. Next time every opportunity we get I want us to smash the ball on the oppositions arms and scream in the referees face. 2 can play this game.

Fuck the fa and every team we face

How is Mike Ashley an Arab?
He's not... he's a fat fucking cockney cunt...
but he DID try to sell his club down the river to the Saudis... which isn't far off!! (albeit it didn't work out!)

Awww fuck it, don't make me explain myself... i'm fucking livid... I don;'t give a fuck who sold what to who, or what child's cock was sold and sucked for how much...#

...all I know is that football is a corrupt as fuck, and has been for years... and we haven't yet been the beneficiaries yet in terms of trophies won!
HOWEVER... over the past few years, every fucker with a multi billion pound owner has been though... go fucking figure!

This rule sucks, but we should have put this to bed.

Second half they played ball and we again looked inept.
Clearly the tactics in the 2nd were to protect the lead and counter attack, but you can’t do that with the new handball rule now. You just have to assume a pen will be called against you at any time.

It’s rough though because we also have to preserve energy given the fixture list, so it’s a reasonable tactic that got foiled by an unreasonable rule.

VAR my Lord VAR!!! Those days!!

The game is about glory?? Nope the game is now fully about some random officials making random decisions. Whether or not they go your way decides how you feel.

Disconnected and disenchanted with football at the moment.
Don’t feel like I’m missing much apart from stress. Which I can do without in my “spare” time tbh.

this isn't even the worst of it, isn't going to take players long to start rehearsing flicking up on onto arms.
You'll end with more penalties than fucking hockey.
Spot on. I can't remember what pundit it was (Shearer maybe?) who said that kids up and down the country are going to be practicing how to get these penalties.

It fucking boils my piss whatever the team affected. When we get fucked over my urine approaches the temperatures at the heart of the sun

He's not... he's a fat fucking cockney cunt...
but he DID try to sell his club down the river to the Saudis... which isn't far off!! (albeit it didn't work out!)

Awww fuck it, don't make me explain myself... i'm fucking livid... I don;'t give a fuck who sold what to who, or what child's cock was sold and sucked for how much...#

...all I know is that football is a corrupt as fuck, and has been for years... and we haven't yet been the beneficiaries yet in terms of trophies won!
HOWEVER... over the past few years, every fucker with a multi billion pound owner has been though... go fucking figure!
Does the ethnicity or race of the owners really matter though? lol

Back
Top Bottom