Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Destroys any enjoyment you can have for the game when the ref just decides to give the other team a goal for no reason
Why are we missing the point here ? The referee was asked to look at a potential handball incident which went to VAR. He looked at the monitor and saw the ball made contact with Dier's arm. He didn't 'just decide' to give the goal. He knew that under the current law (regardless of how fucking ludicrous it is) he had no option but to give a penalty. Doesn't matter which way the defender is facing or whether it was intentional or not, there was contact.
Completely stupid and killing the game but let's clearly identify where the blame lies. Not the referees who are simply applying the law but the fucking FA who created such rules.
Let's go for the organ grinder not the monkey or this will never get sorted.

The ref was giving them these all games. I can’t get my head round how bad all this was.

incompetent to new depths

or corrupt

You think the ref gave away a foul that far from the box with idea that Dier would have the ball hit into his arm so he could give a penalty all to help the team that the FA likely currently hates the most at the moment with all the Saudi transfer nonsense?

I think it this case it is a clear case of inept.

Thought we played really well, best for months.Hopefully genuine signs that we are starting to gel as a team/squad.
Fair play to Steve Bruce for his comments after the game.
I have absolutely zero faith that the debacle which is VAR will ever work in a way that offers anything positive .
COYS!!!!!

But he didn't have to criticise the current situation as strongly as he did.

He'd be crucified for telling a player to miss a penalty, the point they got today could keep them up if they struggle this season.
Belsay told his Leeds team to let Villa equalise straight from the kick off after a controversial goal a couple of years back...

What the fuck does he mean? What has our status got to do with why Son went off ?

I don't understand what he is saying here?

Is Son injured ?

Yeah - he completely didn't answer the question haha.

But to answer your question - Mourinho did confirm that Son is out for a long time with a hamstring injury.

What the fuck does he mean? What has our status got to do with why Son went off ?

I don't understand what he is saying here?

Is Son injured ?
He’s saying Son is injured because of the game congestion and no one is paying us respect to relieve the congestion - ie rework the schedule in our favour

Back
Top Bottom