Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is wrong with you? Expect that from Chelski or West Ham fans. Shameful.
No excuses for this pathetic line, not only after todays result then reading garbage like this.
Seems I have some apologising to do... to get my yellow card rescinded!!!

Now I know how Gary Lineker feels... had HE got a yellow ever in his career!

Think I need to take a break from football, for now....

Sorry for any offence caused. You know I didn't mean it....

I'm just perplexed at where we ALL are right now.... football... life... all of it.

Sad times indeed.
I shall not contest my Yellow... for FEAR of it being upgraded to a red...
A 3 match ban is more than I could contemplate right now!

Two sides of the coin - the penalty was a joke (again) but in the grand scheme of things it should have had the same effect as the one Southampton got last week, should have been a consolation that made it 5 or 6-1.
That said, Spurs played well and were denied two points by a ridiculous decision. On the positive side, plenty of chances created and Darlow was MOTM and along with the woodwork stopped Newcastle being on the wrong end of a heavy defeat.
Frustrating in the extreme.

Seems I have some apologising to do... to get my yellow card rescinded!!!

Now I know how Gary Lineker feels... had HE got a yellow ever in his career!

Think I need to take a break from football, for now....

Sorry for any offence caused. You know I didn't mean it....

I'm just perplexed at where we ALL are right now.... football... life... all of it.

Sad times indeed.
I shall not contest my Yellow... for FEAR of it being upgraded to a red...
A 3 match ban is more than I could contemplate right now!
What’s with the yellow?

I have, he said the same thing I expect all managers to say in that situation.

- refs hands are tied
- we got away with it
- we were lucky
- it was wrong but we'll take it
- we will be on the other end
- we must do something about it

There is nothing earth shatteringly new or different about the interview
I don't agree with you. Of course he said we'll take it but I can't remember another occasion when a manager who has benefitted has so overtly criticised the decision and said that football needs to do something about it.

yes most managers will complain about the current issue as they wont want to be on the receiving end but all will take the decision if it goes in their favour. How many teams have had a bad goal given to them then scored an own goal to even it up? Very few but i'm pretty sure it's happened before.

It's happened a couple of times but I very much doubt it's ever happened in the last minute of the game.

While I get what you're saying, I'm not really interested in xG stats, which can be flaky, here.

How many times in the past 6 seasons have we had 15+ shots and managed only 1 goal or fewer? Not dug into it, but it seems a fucking ton. And there is zero doubt looking at the PL tables that all too often whats stood between us and the top clubs isn't goals conceded near as often as the fact that we just don't score frequently enough.

This is what's led to so many dropped points. We didn't crack 70 goals the year we dropped the title to Leicester. We were prolific the year we ran second to Chelsea. But since we've been 20+ goals behind the eventual champions. If we're going to win the league we're going to have to stop dropping points in matches where we have 2 dozen shots...we need to make a habit of scoring the 2nd and 3rd goals and securing 3 points.

If its all to do with the opposing keeper standing on their head, then why do opposition keepers put in such performances so much more often against us than Liverpool, City, or Chelsea? We're wasteful. Too often our shot quality is lacking - just getting it on the frame isn't enough. Anyone saying otherwise is in denial.

I don’t disagree. We are wasteful. City, Liverpool, Woolwich, Utd and Chelsea would all have scored more than 1 today. Yes we can be considered unlucky (and cheated)but this has happened quite a lot in the past. We blow very hot and cold in front of goal and whilst it is great scoring 5 against Southampton we need to be clinical more often. We were all over them and although it wasn’t inevitable they would score I wasn’t surprised when they did. My weekend is in ruins 🙁

Fair play to Fucked Nose.

A huge amount of respect for him coming out like that.

Wonder if he'd say the same if his team had been punished for their constant cheating, especially what happened that led to the free kick.

What’s with the yellow?
I think I had it coming after my barrage on FT to be honest!!

Can't complain... said some shifty things in the heat of the moment.

It doesn't really matter .... football... does it? I mean really.... in the grand scheme of things.... a bunch of multi millionaires, running around to please US.... and make US happy?
It doesn't mean shit does it...?

THAT'S why football is dying.....
'Cos guess what folks....?
it DOESN'T REALLY MATTER!!!!

and THAT'S what big businesses know...
It's a fun fair now... .NOT a matter of life and death.....
FOOTBALL as we knew it is DEAD.

...and THAT'S what I'm struggling to come to terms with....

Son will be out for a while. Not surprised. He played all of pre season, every Europa League game and premier league game. On top of that it's Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. Son is playing every game. No wonder. Every week we rely too heavily on son and kane. If it's Europa just have to let the other players find a way to win. The panic decision like the other day is stick on Harry and sonny.

Wonder if he'd say the same if his team had been punished for their constant cheating, especially what happened that led to the free kick.
Given that his job is on the line and ours isn't - I think he was as damning of the decision as he could be. They clearly knew they would be lucky to get a touch in the full 90 mins and played for precisely what they got - divine intervention. Putting Carroll on looks like a masterstroke that's increased the share value by 3.1%

Bruce in!

Back
Top Bottom