Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still can't calm down. So fucking livid.

I just can't believe they stole that one from us, the boys have done 6000 miles in the last week and a bit, they gave everything today, we played our best game under Jose in the first half, 2nd half we were clearly knackered but we still dominated every aspect of the game only to be robbed by a rule that 90% of the footballing world knows is an utter farce, and the 10% that don't are just cunts anyway so who really cares what they think.

So dissappointed for Jose and the lads tonight, and the injury for Son tops it off, really hope we can bounce back.

But that kind of thing can just define an entire season, and I wouldn't blame the players if that fucks us mentally, it's fucking ruined me.

Kinda sick of everyone saying we should have scored more. The keeper had an outstanding fucking game and made some fabulous saves. It’s not like we missed 9 sitters and 2 open nets. It’s the equivalent of saying the keeper should not have played so well. It’s stupid. We were cruising to a comfortable and dominate 1-0 win and got fucked over by a shit rule. It’s that simple.
We had almost 70% possession, 3+ xG, 18 shots (12 on target) and 10 corners. We should have scored more. What if they'd scored off the corner or free kick rather than get a dodgy pen? not gettng the second always leaves the risk. We missed so many good opportunities to score.

Kinda sick of everyone saying we should have scored more. The keeper had an outstanding fucking game and made some fabulous saves. It’s not like we missed 9 sitters and 2 open nets. It’s the equivalent of saying the keeper should not have played so well. It’s stupid. We were cruising to a comfortable and dominate 1-0 win and got fucked over by a shit rule. It’s that simple.
Indeed. Yes we were wasteful/unlucky but it's not like they scored a legitimate goal. Fair enough if that Davies/Holjberg fuck up goes in, or they score from a corner, etc, then we can all moan about not killing them off. However fact is we got the points stolen from us by IFAB and their minions. Tired of games being determined by committee, virtual lines and fucking monitors.

Last edited:
So let's sign players with no arms then shall we? It's fucking retards like you that allow the officials to get away with daft interpretation of rules like this.

He didn't do anything wrong you fucking idiot, he was penalised by a retarded interpretation of the handball laws. Almost all of the intelligent footballing world can see this apart from spastics like yourself who expect grown men to be able to jump for a challenge and somehow miraculously avoid all use of their arms.

I guess you work with the FA. If not you're clearly fucking stupid enough to do so.
I’m still waiting for your great strategic solution? Your just one of those dumb idiots who would rather complain than solve the problem. We all agree he didn’t do anything wrong, the rule sucks and it’s not fair. Your just that dumb that you would tell your team keep doing the exact same thing. I bet you Liverpool will adopt some strategy to not risk hands being out. Under the current rules (which suck) the biggest risk is a fuckn handball, we almost lost one 5 min prior, so if it means we can’t jump as high and lose some headers while keeping our hands low it’s probably still better than giving penalties away, especially that far away from goal. I don’t like it, I hate it but I’m sick of losing this way, I’m still gutted from Mane champions league handball.

We’ve only ourselves to blame. We’ve had a terrible habit for years now of been 1-0 up, dominant, not killing it off, missing a load of chances and then getting caught out by a late sucker punch from nowhere.

We had almost 70% possession, 3+ xG, 18 shots (12 on target) and 10 corners. We should have scored more. What if they'd scored off the corner or free kick rather than get a dodgy pen? not gettng the second always leaves the risk. We missed so many good opportunities to score.
Then we could piss and moan about not killing a game off and conceding late. It was stolen. We didn’t lose it.

I’m still waiting for your great strategic solution? Your just one of those dumb idiots who would rather complain than solve the problem. We all agree he didn’t do anything wrong, the rule sucks and it’s not fair. Your just that dumb that you would tell your team keep doing the exact same thing. I bet you Liverpool will adopt some strategy to not risk hands being out. Under the current rules (which suck) the biggest risk is a fuckn handball, we almost lost one 5 min prior, so if it means we can’t jump as high and lose some headers while keeping our hands low it’s probably still better than giving penalties away, especially that far away from goal. I don’t like it, I hate it but I’m sick of losing this way, I’m still gutted from Mane champions league handball.

what in the blue fuck are you talking about?

You cannot jump with your arms down by your side and gain any kind of height.

My guess is you've never played the game in your life. Probably a fucking troll anyway judging by your post count.

Do us all a favour and fuck off

Well sure but we already knew life, football and especially the Premier League isn't fair. You know what they say - you make your own luck...
If it’s decided on the field then yes you do make your own luck. This was decided in a booth by some cunt who has absolutely nothing invested in this who is looking at a screen, and that’s the problem. The players are powerless. Tactics don’t matter.

If it’s decided on the field then yes you do make your own luck. This was decided in a booth by some cunt who has absolutely nothing invested in this who is looking at a screen, and that’s the problem. The players are powerless. Tactics don’t matter.
I know. But there will be things like this EVERY YEAR, VAR or no VAR. Which is why it's important to take the chances you have, or eventually, you will be punished. Every team sees a huge number of calls go against them and if you aren't ruthless and allow the opponents to get back into the game by virtue of a single referee mistake, you also have to recognize that you should have done more.

The rules are stupid as shit. But we should have taken our chances. We should have scored at least one more goal to prevent a single mistake, by players or the ref, to lose us 2 points.

I've not been able to read anything until now.

We fucking deserve to be on 6 points and bang in the hunt for things.

FUCK VAR and FUCK THE HANDBALL RULE MAKERS.

Most unjust thing since Mendes goal against Roy Caroll vs Man United.

Sick to my stomach and my misses was in tears.

You're expecting our defenders to go up for defensive challenges trying not to jump so high and keep their hands low?? I can just imagine Jose telling them that...

You now agree he did nothing wrong. So, how do you expect him to challenge Andy fucking Carroll for a defensive header in the last minute while jumping not so high and keeping his hands down? Do you also expect him to have eyes in the back of his head as well? People are pissed off because a terrible decision cost us 2 points. It should not have been a penalty or a free kick yet morons like you are saying our defenders should jump less high??

Seriously fuck off and support another club (assuming you actually support this one) because if you were in the ground coming out with this sort of bollocks i'd expect someone to give you a fucking good slap.

We needed to win that game well before the pen. Travesty though it was we should beating them all day long. The first half was great and we missed some great chances. Goalie most made saves you’d expect him to make. 2nd was more worry especially first 25 mins where really don’t do a great deal. Not to be overly critical that is now 5 points dropped at home. The reason we bought in Maureen was to exactly beat these teams and we haven’t done so. We need pull some results out in the next 3 games otherwise season could be over. May be tough but if we had win today we would have been setup nicely for the next 3 games. Utd game is now crucial not to loose. Other ties 4 points from 12 is not looking good. I don’t want hear about the number of games and so on. We must meet the challenge head on and go for it. Unfortunately our track record in the cups under Maureen has been abysmal. We struggled in the first two qualifiers as well when should have coasted them both! He needs to step up otherwise the bale and regulon signings would have been pointless as well as anyone else we bring in and we will have spent a fortune. Money we don’t have. Today’s game was prime example of why got Maureen to instil some winning mentality but the players haven’t shown it albeit we played decent. The 2nd I was screaming for us to up the tempo and fir the players to press higher. They should have spirit and mentality to say these toon dickers arnt gonna get any points off this season after previous results. Unfortunately they couldn’t. Need to man up and step the management and players. Shameful we couldn’t put to the sword them today again!
Paragraphs man.

Mate I’m 40 years old and still playing 90 min a a week so fuck off. Just because your angry and don’t want to change is not going to help our team. Have you not seen how many penalties teams are getting? It’s ruining football we all agree, but we need to at least try and limit the risk of penalties. I understand it’s fuckn hard to jump and balance with arms down. It’s always Spurs who suffer the most with this shit so let’s try and do something.

I know. But there will be things like this EVERY YEAR, VAR or no VAR. Which is why it's important to take the chances you have, or eventually, you will be punished. Every team sees a huge number of calls go against them and if you aren't ruthless and allow the opponents to get back into the game by virtue of a single referee mistake, you also have to recognize that you should have done more.

The rules are stupid as shit. But we should have taken our chances. We should have scored at least one more goal to prevent a single mistake, by players or the ref, to lose us 2 points.

We hit the post and the bar and their keeper made 10 saves. It wasn't for a lack of trying.

The boys deserve a little bit more from our own fans after the monumental effort they've put in with these daft Europa qualifiers.

You can't always score 2+ goals, sometimes you win a game because you restrict the opposition chances, and we restricted them to zero.

please just turn it in mate your not doing yourself any favours, people don't want to hear this right now.

We've been fucking robbed, end of.

Back
Top Bottom