Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If they don't change the rule, managers and players of all teams need to get together and say, "If the call is clearly BS, we are kicking the ball out of bounds"

Bielsa had the courage to make a wrong, right and the teams need to stand up to the league and the international body.

It's insane, 25 games and 20 pens (obviously not all are handball). Let the ref be in control again.
What did Bielsa do? This was the point I was was trying to make earlier. Talk is cheap. Have some balls and tell your players to kick it out. Refs and prem will soon get the message. Bruce was lipservice and means sweet fuck all after the incident. Takes a proper spine to not take the decision. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded

Kinda sick of everyone saying we should have scored more. The keeper had an outstanding fucking game and made some fabulous saves. It’s not like we missed 9 sitters and 2 open nets. It’s the equivalent of saying the keeper should not have played so well. It’s stupid. We were cruising to a comfortable and dominate 1-0 win and got fucked over by a shit rule. It’s that simple.
Exactly hitting the post twice, keeper having a worldie. Made loads of chances and looked good. Another day three up at half time

Nobody is pissed off more than me about this shit, I’m still pissed off when Crouch was sent off at Real Madrid for two clumsy challenges. Do you think coaches are just going to say keep going the exact same way? All I’m saying is we need to try something. And who the fuck are you to tell me to support another club just because I’m trying to suggest something.
Because hes Tony Soprano, wannabe gangsta

That free kick for the pen. Just watching it again it's even worse. Joelinton actually has to veer to jump into Hojbjerg. Diabolical decision.
Completely agree, getting one bad decision is hard to take but then you see what the free kick was for. It’s just such a trying time . Now with other teams dropping points I really have hope for us this season. I’m so gutted.

Expected something like this to come. Football right now is a VARsical joke. Not a funny one either. No sense left in the game. No fans. A big business charade. Like so much of life we’re being taken as mugs.

Had a lovely roast dinner, a few nice drinks, bonfire with the kids... and I’m still absolutely fuming.
Burning your children is a gross overreaction!

Your wife, yes - but your children......

Nobody is pissed off more than me about this shit, I’m still pissed off when Crouch was sent off at Real Madrid for two clumsy challenges. Do you think coaches are just going to say keep going the exact same way? All I’m saying is we need to try something. And who the fuck are you to tell me to support another club just because I’m trying to suggest something.

Do you think the coach isn't already drilling them on how to defend with the new rules? Of course he is you dickhead, we still got fucked by a terrible decision. I don't for a second think the players aren't aware of the rules or being told to be careful but watch the challenge again and it's clear Dier isn't to blame here.

If you don't have any suggestions better than tell the players to jump less high keep your fucking mouth shut. Or stop complaining when you get told inevitably to fuck off.

Do you think the coach isn't already drilling them on how to defend with the new rules? Of course he is you dickhead, we still got fucked by a terrible decision. I don't for a second think the players aren't aware of the rules or being told to be careful but watch the challenge again and it's clear Dier isn't to blame here.

If you don't have any suggestions better than tell the players to jump less high keep your fucking mouth shut. Or stop complaining when you get told inevitably to fuck off.
You need to stop trying to be the tough guy on an Internet forum. Your clearly still too mad to have a meaningful interaction with.

Having calmed down (well not really) I watched the game again this morning with a more sober perspective - it was by far our best performance for a very long time.

If you ignore goals, and I know you can't, we dominated every aspect of that game - Winks and Hojbjerg showed a glimpse of what they could become, Doherty took a big step forward in his fitness and acclimatisation, the front three created numerous chances and the back four allowed just one shot on goal.

By far Newcastle's best player was Darlow - three world class saves in one match MoM by a country mile.

Stats don't mean bugger all when the score is 1-1 but on most days these stats would have spelt 5-0

Possession 66 - 34
Shots 23-6
On Target 12-1
Passes 640 - 319
Saves made ZERO - 11

When luck and VAR are not on your side blaming the players or the manager is just being a complete dick, sadly this forum has more than its fair share.

Meaningful discussion??
Do me a favour.

Your solution is to not jump with Andy Carroll and give him a free header in our box.

My advice, stop digging as you're not making the best first impression
I never said my solution was to not jump with Caroll. I just made a suggestion that after it was obvious it was a tactic of theirs to go for a hand ball. Maybe as the ball was not too close to goal is to jump with arms lower. I understand this is not ideal and it’s hard to jump like this but maybe it was less of a risk. That was just my suggestion, I never said it was perfect solution. It may be wrong, I also get how hard it would be to perform. But I don’t want this to keep happening and the rules are not getting better. So fuckn kill me with your mate for suggesting that.

Back
Top Bottom