Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d just like to praise the mentality of the squad, in particular this week. Would’ve been easy to slide into a negative state after the ridiculous conclusion to the Newcastle game. Instead they knuckled down, and won three matches in the span of a week, two of which were against fellow big six clubs and the other a one game knockout.

And today, the way they quickly bounced back from a disaster start. Just incredible.

I know that today's game has somewhat of an asterisk to it with the red card. But based off of our current run of form (1 loss in 14 games or something like that) and how united the team looks. I get the feeling that our players have drunk way more of the Jose Kool-Aid than the United lot ever did. Our players buy what he is selling and are listening.

We all know Jose isn’t a long term manager, but let’s just enjoy him whilst he’s here. He seems to love being here and if anyone can bring trophies to this club, it’s Jose Mourinho. He’s slowly building up something special here boys.

We all know Jose isn’t a long term manager, but let’s just enjoy him whilst he’s here. He seems to love being here and if anyone can bring trophies to this club, it’s Jose Mourinho. He’s slowly building up something special here boys.
I am pretty sure that even after him we will continue to progress, as usual with some setback, maybe, but we are going somewhere

Mourinho masterclass.

We didn't need someone to scout the opposition player strengths & weaknesses, both technical & temperamental, because Mourinho had the inside track.

Jose schooled Ole in every single aspect of competitive match football today.
They were lucky last season too. Tactical wise, they didn't have anything. It's the penalty (today too), and our own mistake. Without those, it's our game to play.

I realise I'm a miserable fuck, but unfortunately I still can't bring myself to credit our results this week to Mourinho. My anti José sentiment still leaves me thinking the 3 wins are in spite of, rather thanks to José's tactics.

Has a Mourinho team ever scored 13 in 2 games?

I quite enjoy the fact Jose is bringing the psychological aspect of the game to Spurs.
We simply haven't done it. Not in the 26 years I've been a fan anyway.

Do you think it was a coincidence that in the days before a game against Fergie's United teams, one of our better players would be linked to them? In most cases, it wasn't true but it was done to cause a bit of disruption to the build up.

The various times over the seasons that comments about a ref have been made before a game. Look at Mike Dean, once accused of being a Spurs fan (wrongly) he's since gone out of his way (a long way) to prove he isn't.

One of the best stories about Jose and his dark arts was in a Classico match when he discovered Messi is a little bit precious about being short. Apparently he got as many Madrid players as possible to pat him on the head to wind him up.
Madrid Won, Messi had a bad day.
I absolutely LOVE that!

Back
Top Bottom