Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho came in midseason to a squad that had totally fallen off, was then crippled with attacking injuries, before the season was suspended for 3 months. Now he’s had the chance to get signings in and actually start a season from the beginning.

Last season was far too odd for him to be judged on. Judge him on what’s happening now.

Incredible, we should have six wins in a row if not for the worst handball in history and not killing that game off.
Bloody hell, missed your return. All the big dogs are back.

Welcome back.

Just what the fuck happened in the dressing room at half time against Southampton!?
Yep. Something seems to have clicked. Said at the time i was hoping that was Mourinho's, Poch Man City 4-1 moment. Whether he has decided we're never going to be watertight defensively so concentrate on our strengths going forward or whether the players finally get the instructions and gameplan but since then we've been playing well and we've been good to watch. Its all i wanted to see.

It's clear even from the carefully edited Amazon documentary that Mourinho's number one priority was to change the mentality of our players. See the notorious "intelligent cunts" speech.

It looks like he's succeeding, and the influx of talented new players will only hasten that transition to a team who want and expect to win.

Mourinho likely won't be here for more than a couple of seasons, and I wasn't completely sold on him as our gaffer at first. But I'm now ready to enjoy and embrace the crazy ride we're in for.

If we get Inter and first stint Chelsea Jose instead the United one I think even the doubters like me will get fully behind him. I think today also went a long way to showing he actually did have a team full of cunts at United and he did overachieve with them.

Massive credit to Mourinho, Levy & whoever else is involved.

They'ver clearly idenitified weaknesses mentally & motivationally in the squad and methodically gone after players in positions that needed attention.

We are clearly going in the right direction

It's clear even from the carefully edited Amazon documentary that Mourinho's number one priority was to change the mentality of our players. See the notorious "intelligent cunts" speech.

It looks like he's succeeding, and the influx of talented new players will only hasten that transition to a team who want and expect to win.

Mourinho likely won't be here for more than a couple of seasons, and I wasn't completely sold on him as our gaffer at first. But I'm now ready to enjoy and embrace the crazy ride we're in for.
Has he said somewhere it's a 2 year project or something?

Hope not. I want it to be his project to get us a League and CL title. Long-term success pls.

He's got nowhere left to go anyway. Did it with Porto, Chelsea, Inter and Madrid. Had a go at Utd, discovered they were wankers. Only really leaves Bayern....not really a challenge though. Maybe Juve but doubt it.

What's that? 1 loss in 15?

With that one loss coming against the team that's currently top of the league...

He's got the squad he wants and right now the players are all playing for him. That's a recipe for something good. Keep it up

Up to the first half vs Southampton it was positives and negatives for me (more positives overall , but quite a few negatives)

He's been growing on me minute after minute thereafter , and I am 200% on board now

An absolute master of the game, from the way he uses and rest players to the mentality we are seeing on the pitch. I love how hungry the players are even when we win by big margins, and we are playing very nice football while being complete cunts. The best of two worlds

I would have cut some slack to him and the squad before today's game, because of the week we had, but we went for it even more.

Make no mistake: after this week there is no way back, only upwards, and honestly I am not setting any limits

COYS!!!!!!

I have been harsh on this man, but credit to the current run of form. Finally some fun football. Hats off.

Couldn't agree more. Looks like his negative tactics towards the end of last season were a result of his player's availability rather than his blueprint. With our best men available this season it looks like Mou is happy for us to go at teams which is what we have the personnel to do. Very excited for the coming months, COYS!

Back
Top Bottom