Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. If he is half the player he was then he will be miles better than moura and lamela.
But none oc the other signings apart from reguillon havd any ped

Really...apart from bale, who have we bought that any of the big clubs had any interest in ???
Reguillon looks a quality player too but thd rest are 3rd rate at best and you know it. Wx have just been starved of any transfer windos enjoyment that we will cling to any players offered up by levy....they are nog good enough pure and simple

Really, bale and reguillon aside.
You couldn't wait for us to sign those players specifically, because of the quality and talent that has lit up the clubs they came from...do me a favour, they are all 2nd rate at best, nobody else was interested in any of them.
I cannot believe you thought in pre season ...wow I cannot await to sign vinicius from benfica he is brilliant, or wow hojburg is my dream holding midfielder how did we snatch him away from Barcelona and bayern who were so desperate for him.......you mean you are hsppy to settle just because we actually bought some players after levy said we had no money. Let's not worry about how actually good any of them are, we are just happy to have some signings.......bloody hell this settle for any old crap is the reason we never win and never will, whilst we just accept 2nd and usually 3rd rate players over and over again.......if i am wrong we will start to win trophies and you can a have a go, but we both know that ain't happening any time soon...now you can come out with all the childish name calling but deep down you know its true, and thats really why you are annoyed at me.........the truth is painfull, especially with levy involved..

Let's talk about the things with correct wording - you are just an entitled piece of shit who does not care about quality and impact but rather about things being "flashy" and "cool". Or to paraphrase your own wording - "deep down we know that you are just a miserable fucker who only follows tabloids and gossip and determine players value on them instead of how they play. And you would prefer signing of Bojan Krkic (pedigree, flahsy etc) over like of Alli or Alderweireld who are much less flashy".

Why the fuck would should we care about "who else went after him"?!? What does it give you. Shouldn't it be about how well he plays for us?

Literally no one was going after Toby Alderweireld for example. Yet the moment he stepped into our team, defense improved immeasurably. Should we consider him as a flop then? Was he 2nd or 3rd rate player? After all he was let go by Atletico as well.

He's the white Van Dijk.

Surely not....

tenor.gif

Great footwork there, although Cockneys like him should be nailed on for Spam surely

:mourglasses:

Watkins. Benrahma. Eze. Bowen. Cash. Phillips. Loads of good players in the Championship, especially nowadays. The level of that league seems to have jumped a fair bit over the past few years.

Can't remember having seen Rodon play (I probably saw him during the playoffs without taking note?) .. but have no issue with us signing a CB from that league if there's reason to believe he can be very good.

Watkins. Benrahma. Eze. Bowen. Cash. Phillips. Loads of good players in the Championship, especially nowadays. The level of that league seems to have jumped a fair bit over the past few years.

Can't remember having seen Rodon play (I probably saw him during the playoffs without taking note?) .. but have no issue with us signing a CB from that league if there's reason to believe he can be very good.
Feel like the shady business of Mendez with Wolves helps raising the ceiling of quality in Championship. They got talented players overseas in, to gain promotion. PL promotion pay out handsomely, and they can sell proven players that has acclimated to England football to wealthy club while continued to traffic new players to the team. Watford is on some similar scheme too.

For those concerned at buying players from the Championship, its worth looking at where the recent England squad players have come from.

Kane is one of a relatively small minority who has always been at a PL club (albeit with 3 years on loan at EFL sides), the vast majority are like Sterling who started off at Championship side QPR, got noticed and bought smd equally Jadon Sancho started at Championship side Watford before going to ManCity for 2 years and thence Diortmund where ManU tried and failed to buy the £120m rated player.

Feel like the shady business of Mendez with Wolves helps raising the ceiling of quality in Championship. They got talented players overseas in, to gain promotion. PL promotion pay out handsomely, and they can sell proven players that has acclimated to England football to wealthy club while continued to traffic new players to the team. Watford is on some similar scheme too.

Maybe in part, but a lot to do with the quality of players coming out of academies, not making it at PL teams and playing in EFL sides - and you can see the quality of players coming out of academies by the increasing number being lured by european sides/coaches to play abroad.......and potentially sold back to PL sides for £££££m's

Signed Peter Taylor from 3rd Division Palace as well. Didn't work out too bad.
I seem to recall he played for England whilst playing below the top division a well.
Wasn't he one of the many we had on our books and let go, only to resign them for decent money a few years later?
Great player was Mr Taylor.
EDIT
He had trials with us, but didn't make it.

Back
Top Bottom