Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes it was against ten men but his 'oh no you fucking don't' style of taking Bruno Fernandes out of the game was beautiful.
😂
The most anonymous performance that involved scoring a goal since Callum Wilson last weekend?
:mourpoint:
He was all over him and it was fucking beautiful to see. I imagine Jose just tells him at the start of games "I want you to make life hell for (insert creative midfielder's name here)". But the thing that surprised me the most about Højbjerg is how accurate his distribution is and how capable he is of creating opportunities from deep immediately after winning possession. His mentality looks phenomenal too, just comes across as a warrior on the pitch. Looks properly cunty at times too which is probably a key reason why Mourinho wanted him.

Right. I think I'm going to have to stop before I admit I'm in love with him

I'm off to buy a life sized Højbjerg cardboard cut out, some nipple clamps and some man-sized Kleenex tissues.

He was all over him and it was fucking beautiful to see. I imagine Jose just tells him at the start of games "I want you to make life hell for (insert creative midfielder's name here)". But the thing that surprised me the most about Højbjerg is how accurate his distribution is and how capable he is of creating opportunities from deep immediately after winning possession. His mentality looks phenomenal too, just comes across as a warrior on the pitch. Looks properly cunty at times too which is probably a key reason why Mourinho wanted him.

Right. I think I'm going to have to stop before I admit I'm in love with him

I'm off to buy a life sized Højbjerg cardboard cut out, some nipple clamps and some man-sized Kleenex tissues.
For some reason I see Jose just showing the guy a picture of one of the opposing team and then saying "kill !".
I love him, my kind of player and I can't wait to actually watch him play from the terraces. Then fans will realise just how much he puts himself about during a game.

Nope not at all.

Wasnt butthurt about anything just think it wasn’t as superb as many here thought it was.

You were on top form - imagine coming out with this blinder before the start of the United game and then trying to claim it wasn’t a superb performance.

LOL

You make so much shit up its funny.

I don't give a shit about what PEH cost, he is not terrible but he is not a great fit to start for us because he is really bad under pressure, a weak passer, not a true DM and not a good fit to sit deep behnd Lo Celso and Ndombele doing the defensive job that allows them the freedom to be offensive. He could have cost a billion pounds and it wouldn't change any of those things.

Last edited:
Yes it was against ten men but his 'oh no you fucking don't' style of taking Bruno Fernandes out of the game was beautiful.

The most anonymous performance that involved scoring a goal since Callum Wilson last weekend?
:mourpoint:
And his celebration of the Aurier tackle.. pumped Aurier right up..proper leader. Spurs lacked leaders they said..now there is Dier in defence and Hojberg in midfield, absolutely commanding presences.

Let me guess, you were negative on him previously?

It's called cognitive dissonance.

No I wasn't negative. I had concerns about him being a fit at DM because he had never shown the skills to play that role and concerned about his ability to handle pressure because at Southampton he had struggled with that.

I had hoped that with more talented players around him he might be able to better handle being pressed but realized that was always more of a hope than likelihood.

I did speak out against the bitter Southampton fans running him down as being ridiculous. Not sure whether that does anything to say whether I was down or not on him previously but certainly wasn't totally against the addition of him before he came.

No I wasn't negative.
Your post on August 27th (number 21904) In the Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Hjobjerg is not a terribly good passer and certainly not what anyone would call creative. He does nothing to help us break down a parked bus, will not help us move the ball up the pitch allowing GLC more ability to focus on linking with the front 3 and does little to nothing to take pressure off the back 4 if being pressed.

Yeah, full of positives that
:mourfacepalm:

Your post on August 27th (number 21904):

Hjobjerg is not a terribly good passer and certainly not what anyone would call creative. He does nothing to help us break down a parked bus, will not help us move the ball up the pitch allowing GLC more ability to focus on linking with the front 3 and does little to nothing to take pressure off the back 4 if being pressed.

Yeah, full of positives that
:mourfacepalm:

I said that I had concerns about us adding him.

I said that I had concerns about us adding him.
No you fucking didn't. That post was a complete condemnation of the guy as a player. You were not expressing "concerns" you were making bold statements about his lack of ability to pass and relieve presssure on the back four.
Now those remarks have come back to haunt you and you're trying to weasel your way out. Doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. Either admit you got it wrong or stop posting such crap in the future.

No you fucking didn't. That post was a complete condemnation of the guy as a player. You were not expressing "concerns" you were making bold statements about his lack of ability to pass and relieve presssure on the back four.
Now those remarks have come back to haunt you and you're trying to weasel your way out. Doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. Either admit you got it wrong or stop posting such crap in the future.

Yes I did. Read the reply to Zest I said that I expressed concerns about his fit as a DM and his ability under pressure.

Nothing has come back to haunt me at all. I stand by those statements now and it is has been seen in his short time here that those issues are still concerns with him.

I am not weaseling my way out of anything or changing my view and quite frankly don't really give a shit what washes with you or not.

I didn't get anything wrong so no need to admit anything. I suggest you work on your reading skills is you are going to go off on a little hissy fit.

Nope not at all.

Wasnt butthurt about anything just think it wasn’t as superb as many here thought it was.

Says the guy that also doubled down after the match; ball-aching about White not playing ahead of Sissoko even though he too had a damn good game.

PEH.... Pundits, stats and 99% of fans say he played a blinder. You insist otherwise and are randomly spamming disagrees in this thread. :freund:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom