Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet then people have the cheek to blame us for being pessimistic!

“it’s that mentality why we don’t win anything”

no, I have that mentality because shit like this happens for 40 years
Exactly. We rarely ever win the smaller trophies let alone the bigger ones. So why should we expect lots of success. Just a bigger let down in the end.

Totally agree. That's how we went from title contenders to 7th in very little time. Instead of improving the team, we were saying "how can you improve this team? & who do you drop". This was when we still hadn't won anything.
Exactly that! A looser mentality! And when did we Spurs-fans earn the right to be arrogant and cocky? Have none of you in here supported Spurs longer than 5 years?

Fuckin hell i´m depressed :mourfacepalm:

Nothing has changed this season, still a squad thats no where near good enough and a bottle job mentality..we need more than just gareth bale to help this club move forward...we always do shit like this, winners don't...its that simple

Nothing has changed this season, still a squad thats no where near good enough and a bottle job mentality..we need more than just gareth bale to help this club move forward...we always do shit like this, winners don't...its that simple
I'm just trying to understand why you disagree, surely the performances last season and this tell you we are not anywhere near good enough

Tottenham Hotspur Fan Club members, on a relaxing country break:

giphy.gif

Nowhere near as annoyed at this as I was with the Newcastle result. That was daylight robbery, whereas this... this was just old school Spurs.

This is the Spammers final - just like last season, just like coasting in the League Cup a couple of seasons ago - they're never just going to give up against us.

Name me one team that got it right early on and went on to win the league?

I remember Conte's Chelsea.

10 points from first 6 games (possible 18 points) - there were people wondering if he was the right man for the job. He had drawn with Swansea and got embarrassed by Woolwich (as well as losing to Liverpool)

He then went on a run of 13 wins. Beating the likes of Spurs, City and United. And that spell of wins pretty much won them the league.

We have 8 points from first 5 games. 1 loss in our last 17 games in all competitions and three of the best players in the league in attack.

This result fucking hurts. 100%

But we'll look back in a few months time, when we are still within a few points of the top and see how far we've come. When it could have gone a lot worse.

I won't be said or popular but

what an unbelievable strike by Lanzini

Yes it was and they have a habit of scoring screamers against us. Don’t want to be harsh on Lloris because he has been great for us recently but if he went with his left hand he may have saved that. I am not a keeper but I never understand why keepers go for the ball with the hand furthest away from the ball restricting their reach.

Bale finishes after his deft skills and it’s a whole different mood.
If he runs it into the corner every time he had shit loads of space in the final 2 mins of added time it guarantees a win.... every time! Even from that free kick moura won. Why give it back.l to the keeper. Just play it short. We really need to fight and be dirty to see how games like this.

Fuck off! It was never a free kick
I almost don't fucking care

just don't give the ref the chance to make that decision

happened at Chavs yesterday last minute equaliser

happened v Barcodes (although their guy just ran into ours then)

either keep possession or just close down

Mourinho will kick this shithousery out of us but in the meantime we have to put up with this shit

Yes it was and they have a habit of scoring screamers against us. Don’t want to be harsh on Lloris because he has been great for us recently but if he went with his left hand he may have saved that. I am not a keeper but I never understand why keepers go for the ball with the hand furthest away from the ball restricting their reach.

It was sooo top corner - fairly impossible to stop, I'd say.

Poor sonny is shattered by that.

All that fine work up front shat on by shit defending.
Our forwards are gonna start getting really pissed off. Needing to score a 4th goal to beat this lot. I don't know where to begin with that shit. To go from elated to feeling crushed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom