Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Team for Thursday will be interesting.
Does he dare start without Kane, Son and Ndombele now? I guess not as we want to start the group with a win.
They definitely have to start vs Burnley, so no rest for those 3 is in sight.

Still think our the criticism of our 'defending' is pretty wide of the mark too.

It's not the most aesthetically pleasing of defending, like it was in perhaps 16/17 when we simply suffocated teams in midfield and prevented chances but I don't remember Lloris having to make a single save or West Ham truly troubling the goal before the 80th minute.

And again, like I've said numerous times. Before today, we'd conceded 1 goal from open play in our last 6 league games. And even today, 2 of the 3 we conceded were technically from set pieces with the other being an own goal by our own player.

We definitely need to sort out our defending from set pieces though. Like, it's all they should be doing in training at this point.

The numbers of times West Ham found space with a runner between the centre back and the full back, though. Jose needs to sort this out.

All great sides have done it with rock solid CBs.

Until that happens here, we won't be great.

Hopefully Rodon is something.

We've conceded 8 goals, with only 2 of them coming from open play.

A defence and shape, with training, can be worked on.

The year Leicester won it? 7 goals in their opening 5 games.

The last time Mourinho won it? 7 goals in their opening 5 games.

In fact we are unable to defend. If a team attack agains us we will concede no doubt. Just needs to keep on attacking as our attacks is better and end the games like the Atalanta ones. Oh, and no play Winks will help.

Games like this are likely to cost us more points in the future. Looking at the Newcastle game and now this one, opposition managers and players are never going to give up against us. If you are 3-0 down to Liverpool or City you are mentally likely to be on the plane back home. Against Spurs you now know you are always in with a chance unless you need snookers. Sort it out lads

Winks buying a packet of gum:

giphy.gif

I’m hoping that this is a wake up call to Jose that our defense needs serious work. Can’t be playing sanchez ESPECIALLY on the left, what’s that all about?

and winks is not the player you bring on to see out a game.

I hope there were some loud voices in the changing room after that, they need to be furious with themselves and use it as fuel for the rest of the season. This may have come at the right time.

Not looking to start an argument but all that is just cliched bullshit. You can be as angry and vocal as you want in the dressing room. Doesn't count for fuck all. We needed action on the pitch not in the dressing room. Clean passes, possession, coherent defending and a collective effort to push on and play the game in their half, not sit back and wait for the inevitable concession.

We all played with dressing room warriors who changed fuck all on the pitch where it mattered. A prime example would be Dele throwing his toys about on the amazon doc. Rightly pulled up by Dier, no longer a squad regular.

I will just highlight that to show what a complete absurdity of a poster you are. You embarrassed yourself with Hojeberg and now you claim this. Absolutely laughable statement to make. I must have missed all of those WHERE IS OUR CB posts .

I don't think you missed them I think you ignored them.

What certainly didn't exist outside of you is the our back-up striker search is stopping us from getting a CB posts.

Whole team to blame for me and so the whole team must learn together

The single biggest failing for me is the amount of set pieces we conceded.

It was only a matter of time before we got caught.

And Rice is a player. No doubt about that.

Back
Top Bottom