Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While obviously was the biggest reason they had the chance for a 3rd goal, just look at what he does for their 2nd one too. He can see exactly whats going on , hes complete free, and at no point does he think he should do anything about it. Hes such a nothing player. Wouldnt get in the westham team.

We look good.

Yesterday was arrogance and complacency. 3 up, storm ridden. Let's bring on an attacking superstar.

So instead of showing West Ham respect which would have been bring Winks on as well as keeping on Ndombele, Sissoko and Hjojberg, we tried to entertain.

Self-inflicted.

Nothing much to do with Winks and those blaming him are thick as sh!t.

Winks was brought on to try and protect our lead.
:dempsey:
We have looked so good recently because he hasn't played. I think Jose thought it would be a good idea to give him some game time while we were so comfortable and look what happened. Jose said nice things about him after the game but I suspect Jose doesn't want to be seen to be the guy that throws players under the bus anymore. If be very surprised to see winks anywhere near the 1st team after this, especially with lo celso to come back

We look good.

Yesterday was arrogance and complacency. 3 up, storm ridden. Let's bring on an attacking superstar.

So instead of showing West Ham respect which would have been bring Winks on as well as keeping on Ndombele, Sissoko and Hjojberg, we tried to entertain.

Self-inflicted.

Never looked like conceding until Wanks came on.

Only thickos are those who still think he's good enough for a top half football team.

Never looked like conceding until Wanks came on.

Only thickos are those who still think he's good enough for a top half football team.

Kane having to do a sliding block at the end of the first half springs to mind.
I was certain that was going to be a goal.

Also when their fella headed over from 3 yards ? Can't remember if Winks was on then or not ?

Kane having to do a sliding block at the end of the first half springs to mind.
I was certain that was going to be a goal.

Also when their fella headed over from 3 yards ? Can't remember if Winks was on then or not ?
I would say those were both sporadic chances. Towards the end we couldn't hold them back wheras for the rest of the game, we looked moderately if not totally comfortable.

I do think West Ham were better than the 3-0 score suggested. But I did't see them getting more than 1 at any point until the last 10 minutes.

I would say those were both sporadic chances. Towards the end we couldn't hold them back wheras for the rest of the game, we looked moderately if not totally comfortable.

I do think West Ham were better than the 3-0 score suggested. But I did't see them getting more than 1 at any point until the last 10 minutes.
I'd agree with your last sentence, but the fact is from the start of the second half (and maybe before that) we hardly got out of own half for any sustained amount of time.

I think we had two or three shots on goal in the second half. JM got it completely wrong by sitting back for the entire 2nd half. Everyone knows that West Ham look for corners and to "win" free kicks around the box, so why didn't we keep the pressure on? I'm still fuming!!
Peak JM team such as Inter and his first Chelsea team can sit back from the first minutes and concede none, we have no problem in attacking ,our problem is at defending and that's what JM must focus on.

Last minute of injury time, your defence has just cleared a header to you at the edge of your penalty area. Should you

a) whack it as hard as you can away from your goal?
b) smash it out for a throw and re-organise or defence
or
c) chicken out of playing the ball and flick it to a waiting opposition player standing centrally just outside your penalty box.

Even Souness would come to the conclusion c would be the worst thing to do (might take him an hour or two)
He tried to dribble and burst away he didn't chicken out.

Think of last season home vs City. He dribbled from inside our pen area after picking up an opposition corner and won a foul which resulted in a red for Zinchenko and played a huge part in a huge win.

It was the wrong decision yesterday but it's clear what his intent was. Let's not get on his back about it. It was a brave attempt to keep possession and advance up the pitch to alleviate pressure. It happens. Especially when you come on as a sub.

Think of last season home vs City. He dribbled from inside our pen area after picking up an opposition corner and won a foul which resulted in a red for Zinchenko and played a huge part in a huge win.

It was the wrong decision yesterday but it's clear what his intent was. Let's not get on his back about it. It was a brave attempt to keep possession and advance up the pitch to alleviate pressure. It happens. Especially when you come on as a sub.
Why on earth would he try to ‘dribble and burst away’ in the 94th minute, the goal was the last kick of the game, if he whacks that ball then that is also the last kick of the game & 3 points. Poor amateur decision making and in this instance he has paid a huge part in dropped points. However, still shouldn’t have even been in the position that they had a chance to get a draw in the first place.

We look good.

Self-inflicted.

Agreed. It was nothing but us thinking the game is already won.

With 30 seconds left we don't need to keep possession and move the ball up the pitch we need to get the ball out of the danger area as quick as possible.

He kicks that ball as hard as he can and we win. The only way we lose is with him playing the ball the way he did.

With 30 seconds left we don't need to keep possession and move the ball up the pitch we need to get the ball out of the danger area as quick as possible.

He kicks that ball as hard as he can and we win. The only way we lose is with him playing the ball the way he did.

...Not that we lost of, course.

EDIT: According to MindNumb we did though.... Fancy that. :moursad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom