Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane having to do a sliding block at the end of the first half springs to mind.
I was certain that was going to be a goal.

Also when their fella headed over from 3 yards ? Can't remember if Winks was on then or not ?
I think Fournals was on his own

Amazing miss

Pmsl 😂 at the time
Kiss of death probably

With 30 seconds left we don't need to keep possession and move the ball up the pitch we need to get the ball out of the danger area as quick as possible.

He kicks that ball as hard as he can and we win. The only way we lose is with him playing the ball the way he did.
Also applied to Aurier

If he had done that they would never have had the free kick

With 30 seconds left we don't need to keep possession and move the ball up the pitch we need to get the ball out of the danger area as quick as possible.

He kicks that ball as hard as he can and we win. The only way we lose is with him playing the ball the way he did.
But one of our own and all that, so doing brainless things is okay.

Only the retards on here continually praised the boy when at best he was average , except for a odd game. Carroll at least tried to go forward.
Emperor's New clothes anyone ?

I really rated Carroll. I always thought Winks got more attention due to his name oddly enough.

It would be interesting to know what happened to his career. Just googled and he picked up a contract at QPR. Good to hear. 28 now.

Mou and many spurs fans here has misconception about Winks, thinking that he's good option to bring stability in defense because he can control midfield with his safe passes, but i actually think he's bit of a defensive liability in the midfield because he doesn't have defensive skill or physical ability to play DM.

He's slow against fast wingers, and not strong enough to fight against big physical players in the middle. His pressing is below average, and he rarely takes ball away from opponents. overall, he's weak defensively, which makes our defense even more vulnerable.

Last edited:
He'll end up at Villa as a (lightweight) makeweight when we FINALLY pull out the stops and go for Grealish or McGinn!!!

I'm joking... he'd never move to the Midlands!!

Dunno why, but he just seems like a 'nice' sort of kid who will never move out of his comfort zone... in a footballing sense, and maybe, even in life!
He coulda been a poster boy for Spurs (with those boyish good looks... but other than flog some merch. in the club shop, I can't see we'll keep him here in the long term...

I think he's a safe bet to move to another London club one day ...and he'd probably thrive at a club like Fulham, Brentford or QPR...

I think his biggest stumbling block is that, right now, he's just too 'nice' for his own good!

One word - Wanks

Completely bypassed in a game he was meant to dominate vs considerably inferior opponents. Zero impact in the attacking third, zero involvement in any of our goals - bang average again

One word - Wanks

Completely bypassed in a game he was meant to dominate vs considerably inferior opponents. Zero impact in the attacking third, zero involvement in any of our goals - bang average again
We've just won 3-0 and your first thought is to come and slag one of our players off? I don't get it

Back
Top Bottom