Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ekpd2JHXYAIx2dk

Words fail me.

Into the 94th minute, you have 3 options:

1) Whack it clear
2) Knock it back to Reguilon to whack it clear.
3) Knock it into no mans land

What do you want to do, Harry?

tenor.gif

Ekpd2JHXYAIx2dk

Words fail me.

Into the 94th minute, you have 3 options:

1) Whack it clear
2) Knock it back to Reguilon to whack it clear.
3) Knock it into no mans land

What do you want to do, Harry?

tenor.gif
It's a bit reductive and harsh to isolate one incident, but at the same time if "hoof it in literally any direction" is the answer I think its fair to wonder what the fuck he's thinking there.

It's a bit reductive and harsh to isolate one incident, but at the same time if "hoof it in literally any direction" is the answer I think its fair to wonder what the fuck he's thinking there.

By watching a clip of it numerous times, it seems to me like he is trying to just nick it slightly ahead of Snodgrass to then set us off on a rapid counter as West Ham have all 10 men in our half. I assume he'd then probably have knocked it over the left side of the pitch where Sissoko is looking to bomb on. But he overhits the touch and it falls perfectly to Lanzini.

It's just braindead.

By watching a clip of it numerous times, it seems to me like he is trying to just nick it slightly ahead of Snodgrass to then set us off on a rapid counter as West Ham have all 10 men in our half. I assume he'd then probably have knocked it over the left side of the pitch where Sissoko is looking to bomb on. But he overhits the touch and it falls perfectly to Lanzini.

It's just braindead.

And if it were in the middle of a tie game or game we are down or even up a goal or two maybe that is the right choice but in the 4th minute of 4 minutes of extra time when up one how he doesn't clear that ball as far away from the net as he can is beyond.

Basically any other play than the one he made, including not touching it at all results in a win for us.

It's just braindead.
I've watched it a couple of times and, to me, it seems that he was going to launch, then changes his mind. Maybe afraid of getting hurt, or afraid of it ricocheting back into the box.
Either way, he did try to knick it and fucked it up by being in 2 minds.
Should of just put his foot through it.

I was also abit worried by Mourinhos comments after the game regarding Winks.

"Winks in my opinion was good at controlling the midfield, making it even fresher"

He certainly didn't.

We lost midfield if anything when he came on. I've defended Winks plenty of times on here and I've always said his best use would be in the cup games against the lower teams or when we are looking to see a game out but even at 3-0 up, he couldn't even do that.

I was also abit worried by Mourinhos comments after the game regarding Winks.

"Winks in my opinion was good at controlling the midfield, making it even fresher"

He certainly didn't.

We lost midfield if anything when he came on. I've defended Winks plenty of times on here and I've always said his best use would be in the cup games against the lower teams or when we are looking to see a game out but even at 3-0 up, he couldn't even do that.
I thought that when watching it.

He seemed very eager to defend Winks, mentioned him a couple of times even though he wasn't specifically asked about him.

Seemed strange to me.

I thought that when watching it.

He seemed very eager to defend Winks, mentioned him a couple of times even though he wasn't specifically asked about him.

Seemed strange to me.

Hopefully it's more a 'not throwing under the bus' move as saying Winks came on, was poor and cost us the win would probably be demoralising when the team needs a morale boost more than anything.

He is the worst football I've seen playing for us, he can't do nothing right, he has no qualities and while this guy is around we are always ar risk of give leads like today's. We play like shite every time he's on the midfield and it's not coincidence. He was owned for Shkedija players that aren't even professional, how can you keep on relying in a player like this? Every time is the same history.

It’s no coincidence that we look really good going forward now that Winks isn’t a starter for us. That goes for Dele too

Winks and Ben are the safe pass kings. I don't even know what Dele is anymore tbh.

I'll be fuming about this one for a while. At least for the Barcodes game, Dier clearly wasn't at fault. The refs were.

This one is just a banter goal we'll have to see replayed over and over sadly. Sunday pub league players all know that with the whistle about to go you put your laces through the ball to get it away.

He is the worst football I've seen playing for us, he can't do nothing right, he has no qualities and while this guy is around we are always ar risk of give leads like today's. We play like shite every time he's on the midfield and it's not coincidence. He was owned for Shkedija players that aren't even professional, how can you keep on relying in a player like this? Every time is the same history.
He's got no flair, and the midfield is stagnant when he is on; offers nothing to the team. Time for him to go.

Winks and Ben are the safe pass kings. I don't even know what Dele is anymore tbh.

I'll be fuming about this one for a while. At least for the Barcodes game, Dier clearly wasn't at fault. The refs were.

This one is just a banter goal we'll have to see replayed over and over sadly. Sunday pub league players all know that with the whistle about to go you put your laces through the ball to get it away.
I'm still fuming too. Jose should never have sat back the entire 2nd half, when WH were going to look for every free kick and corner they could get. If I could see it, why didn't JM??

Do you go along with some comments that he was a bit selfish going for his hat trick rather than securing our win?

Hes a goal scorer so bound to be selfish
Goes with the territory
Remember Defoe?

Two points dropped imv and those fuckers must have thought it was Xmas
Kane only just missed, but Bale should've seen us over the line. It feels like a loss, and those classless Hammers are in dreamland right now. I hate them with a passion.

I think we had two or three shots on goal in the second half. JM got it completely wrong by sitting back for the entire 2nd half. Everyone knows that West Ham look for corners and to "win" free kicks around the box, so why didn't we keep the pressure on? I'm still fuming!!

Back
Top Bottom