Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone blaming Mourinho is a fucking idiot.

The starting 11 was enough to win, let alone introducing Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, Lucas and Lamela. Individual performances was the problem today. The likes of Dele and Bergwijn won't get a game for a while now.

I don't understand, how the fringe players, when they get given a chance to impress, do so little. Look at Bergwijn and Alli for example. Alli's effort was poor. I bet if someone could pull a stat he covered the least amount of ground, yet he should be out there with a point to prove.

First off, well played Antwerp, totally deserved, they should have won by more!! But if you want to see some great defending then rewatch this game, they pressed us virtually the whole match & at the back they were tight and blocked and trimmed their tackles so well.

Absolutely this. Not to say I am not disappointed with the way we played, but I don't care what league you play in; if you defend with a press that intense and a back line who is that sturdy throughout then you are going to be incredibly hard to play against. One of the best defensive performances I've seen against us in a long time. Fair play to them.

Well, that was pretty poor. Far too many changes made by Jose in hindsight - 9 changes is excessive against the hardest team in the group away.

Still, the lads who were out there in the first half should have done way better. Ali was well poor, Bergwijn too. Bale definitely not up to speed yet. Lucky we didn't concede two at least.

A very bad day at the office indeed.

Dire performance not a single player is give over 4/10.

Sanchez Winks Ali Berg are this season consistently proving they are poor

Off nights for Gio Reg and even Son and Kane who looked poor when they came on.

Lamela also is not ever gonna be good enough yeah he runs a lot and tries but as an attacker he's shit holds onto it way to long and never gets his head up

Pissed off after that and hope Jose rips them a new arsehole

It's hard to pick a fall guy for this match......

We've been collectively shite to a man

Great way to end our 10 game unbeaten run

:pochcry:

It won't be popular but I think the majority of the blame goes to Jose.

Got the halftime subs wrong and waited way too long to take off at least one of Alli, Bale or Bergwijn.

Not solely his fault as the players need to take some blame for their lack of effort but he made some terrible choices today.

Antwerp deserves nothing from this, I guess congrats on scoring on the absolute gift but other than that they have done nothing impressive.

It isn't a great defensive effort from them as much as a wasteful effort from us.
They missed an absolute sitter for 2-0, far better chance than anything Spurs created. They 100% deserved the result.

Nobody was good.

in hindsight we would have been better off just leaving the first half team on..

if my auntie had bollocks etc

Back
Top Bottom