Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He got the subs wrong. But these players have the quality to win this game. There's just been no application to do so tonight.

A winning team has to go to war for 90 minutes in every game. Not just when they feel like it.
That’s why I said shit coaching; crap movement, too many backward or sideways passes, taking too long or too many touches to make a pass. At the end, trying to play through a red brick wall instead of using width. Surely that is stuff you try to improve on the training pitch?

We played our "standard" formation 4-2-3-1. We weren't doing anything at all crazy tactically.

We rotated heavily but that's what you do with Europa.

Jose wasn't out there yelling for Davies to give the ball away, for Bergjwin to not put in effort, for Dele to pass to the other team.

You could say he trusted his depth too much, that would be a fair criticism yes. But it's not a knock out game so you can allow that. This match is simply on our supposed "great" depth players 1. not putting effort in and 2. playing like shit.
the effort part is really stuck out to me. our heads are so far up our asses we failed to try to pull out a victory or draw for that matter.

Erik Lamela just play that ball early or do something with that ball

I do like him sometimes, but he pisses me the most the way he plays. Always late, ALWAYSSSSS

Winks is just, dunno... poor

In the greater spectrum of things. One loss in the group is nothing to cry about. But the lack of effort from the players was astoundingly bad and forced Jose's hand with the subs. They have to do better going forward.

Hopefully it serves as a wake up clock and we can move on quickly.

I'm off to play Stardew Valley to clam down. Laters.

Anyone blaming Mourinho is a fucking idiot.

The starting 11 was enough to win, let alone introducing Kane, Son, Hojbjerg, Lucas and Lamela. Individual performances was the problem today. The likes of Dele and Bergwijn won't get a game for a while now.
Seriously?

So why have Mourinho as a manager if he offers no tactics, no innovation, if his only job is to pick good players anyone on here could do that job.

Shit show. Players disinterested and lacked urgency, intensity. Some dreadful performances.
Mourihno surely spelled it out for a few of them and I don't know what happened at HT - but subbing them all off was a bit extreme. Surely you give them 10mins to redeem themselves?

Shit performance. We move on. We're still going through, it's good that the players learnt a lesson never to underestimate anyone.

How disappointing, they were the deserved winners.
The lack of energy in the first half was a disgrace. Dele is probably out now. I know there are a lot of people who stick up for Winks but he is simply not good enough for this team.
We obviously looked a lot better with all the changes, particularly Kane, but it is frustrating we had to bring them on...and still lost.

Disgraceful performance. Clueless and gutless. Once again we have no idea how to break down a packed defence. No creativity no width. Auriers crossing terrible. We fell into the trap of thinking we had a good squad. We dont. Terrible substitutions from jose. Son and lamela never ever play early pass to put someone through.
Rant over

Erm we actually do have a good squad, in fact we have a great squad but we were poor tonight. There is a big difference you know.

Very poor performance all round, only looked decent when most of the A team came on. The odd player here and there you can swap around and expect little change, but not that many. Defensively suspect, lack of ideas up top - and the midfield (as expected) is 50% of what it is when Hojbjerg is in it. We've seen the difference he makes - there's no ready made replacement for him in the "B" team which would worry me immensely if he gets injured.

Antwerp were excellent, MOTM their number 4 - reminded me of Dave in his first season with us - close to his man, always unsettling his marker.

Back
Top Bottom