Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It strikes me that this game could easily have been the Burnley game if those fine margins had been reversed. Football is strange and you need a heap of luck to win anything substantial, in addition to skill.

Bale, GLC not match fit. Reggie and Vin have only just got here. Dele has not been playing neither Berg.
Maybe just starting Lucas instead of either Berg or Dele might have made a difference?

Two out of eleven potentially weren't match fit. I'm not slagging off Bale's performance because of his lack of game time, but the others don't get that exemption for me.

I disagree
I don’t think he realised how bad some of our squad players like Aurier Sanchez and Winks are
He does now

If after a year and £15m in wages he has only just figured something that important out we are fucked.

I didn’t watch the game so can make no comment on tonight’s performance but he’s watched those players train for a year now.

I’m hopeful he’s a better judge of a player than you credit him with.

I disagree
I don’t think he realised how bad some of our squad players like Aurier Sanchez and Winks are
He does now
... and Davies, and Bergwign, and Dier, and Gedson, and Lucas, and Dele and ... (take your pick depending on preference of: Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Doherty, Aurier,)

Great squad depth though!

I didn't wear my lucky pants v Everton... L
I DID wear them vs. West Ham... D
I wore them again vs. Burnley.... W
And STILL had them on tonight!!!! L

Strange, isn't it?

GO FIGURE!!
Hah, what an amusingly astute analogy for poor statistical inference. Excellent.

Everton - Simply poor.
Newcastle - Battered them for 90+ mins
West Hame - Sloppy.
Tonight: Shit

It's only really the latter 2 of those games you could describe as complacent.
Nope. Should have been three up against Newcastle and ground out a draw with Everton.

Plovdiv? Burnley? Will we underestimate Brighton at the weekend?

We SHOULD still go through our group (if we want to) but a defeat is a defeat... and it's annoying.... as it'll ask questions of players who COULD'VE done themselves a favour tonight.... but as it is, narrows Jose's decision making as to who SHOULD and who shouldn't be part of our 1st team....

I think he's scaled it down tonight significantly!!

Well what a complete fuck up - if we were going to put in that little effort why bring on Son, Kane, Hojbjerg and not give them invaluable rest time.
Agreed, I felt he shouldn't have changed it at half time, should have told the players on the pitch that was not acceptable and got them to get us out of the pickle as it was them that put us in it.
Felt very panicky going straight to the likes of Son.

Totally unacceptable performance from everyone. Just shows that complacency is still a massive issue with this team as Antwerp just wanted it so much more than us today. Passing sloppy, pressing nonexistent, no urgency.

81% of our goals conceded from this season have been individual errors and set pieces, do you understand how bad that is?

Back
Top Bottom