Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah he was pretty terrible today. I want to say that he did drag a defender with him for Bale’s goal but that’s probably stretching it. He did look a bit tired so maybe the international break coming up will do him some good.

He was shit today. His touch has been off the last couple of games but he's contributed a lot so far this season and he'll contribute a lot more.

Last edited:
Yeah he was pretty terrible today. I want to say that he did drag a defender with him for Bale’s goal but that’s probably stretching it. He did look a bit tired so maybe the international break coming up will do him some good.

No games for SK again then?

Really wish we'd given him a rest against Antwerp - he already looked really leggy against Burnley, even with the goal. Even a golden retriever needs some rest, let him sleep for a week :thumbup:

son was terrible today. looks very tired. he need some rest

Lol

Son thrives on the space behind defenders. Brighton had 10 men behind the ball for most of the game and setup to stop Son being able to run in behind. They packed the box and defended in numbers.

Whilst Son was not effective in his play; he was effective in making sure Brighton did not push up the field and dare attack us.

If we are talking of Son needing a rest then fine.

If we are also saying let's hope Son doesn't do what he sometimes does, which is tail off a little then okay but we do have options.

If we are going to start being critical then people need to go and find reality.

He represents an answer and not a problem.

If we are talking of Son needing a rest then fine.

If we are also saying let's hope Son doesn't do what he sometimes does, which is tail off a little then okay but we do have options.

If we are going to start being critical then people need to go and find reality.

He represents an answer and not a problem.

Yep. He goes through purple patches scoring and then doesn’t. Has the start of the season just been that? Hopefully not. He’s only not scored for a game and his touch did look a little heavy. Hopefully like ndombele, it was just an off day

Yep. He goes through purple patches scoring and then doesn’t. Has the start of the season just been that? Hopefully not. He’s only not scored for a game and his touch did look a little heavy. Hopefully like ndombele, it was just an off day

No discussion to be had if I am honest.

Giving it air time is bizarre.

Let's bemoan his performances if yesterday occurs in all of the next 5 games.

He was overdue a regression in goalscoring. For all his quality, he was on a streak that was utterly unsustainable. He was scoring with more than 50% of his shots at one point. The only way he wasn't going to slow down is if he was hiding the kind of finishing skill that would make every other player on the planet look like a complete cunt.

It was fun while it lasted and he'll do other insane shit again, but for now, he's probably back to being a regular excellent player.. I hope nobody is genuinely disappointed. As above, if you expected Son to continue indefinitely at the same level as the prior half-dozen matches, you had unrealistic expectations.

Arguably worst player on the pitch yesterday, it was one of those 'Yeah, Son looks off" type games. But tbf to him, it's probably the first time I felt like that all season.

Despite what Mourinho said after last thursday's match, he's due to give Son a full rest. An energize v sluggish Son (yesterday) are like night and day.

Back
Top Bottom