Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only 5 managers have won CL's with 2 clubs or more. Just because he hasn't done it elsewhere doesn't mean he's shit. I guess Alex Ferguson is a fraud too?

It's weird. The further we get from the great Barca side he created the more I see people make out he had little to do with it. As if they weren't mid table plodders before he transformed them.

There's nothing pathetic about trying to get Lionel Messi into your squad if you can. Actually, the opposite is true. You should be trying all you can to get the best player of all time in your squad.

It's an integral part of management to look to improve your side.

Giving Guardiola shit for spending when we have Jose Mourinho as our manager is a hoot.

What are you on about?

After Barca he took over BAYERN MUNICH that had destroyed every other side in all competition they were in. Before Pep time, they demolished Barcelona in semifinal 7:0 on aggregate!! Literally it might have been the most perfect killing machine of a team the continent has seen in past 20 years. This team had got into final even under LvG management! And not only did he not deliver CL he never made into final with them. With the team that reached final in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Let it sink in - he failed to steer Bayern into final during his 3 years, AFTER THEY HAD BEEN IN 3 OUT OF 4 PREVIOUS FINALS. Utter and miserable step back in European stage for Bayern, there is no other way to look at it.

And after that?
After that he has been at the helm of one of the richest clubs in the world and has spent almost half a billion euros only on defenders. And what does he has to show for it in CL? He has never got further than quarterfinals!! QUARTER ... FINALS...
We were in final during that period, Pool has been in final for 2 times. Juventus, Atletico, PSG and ffs even likes of Roma, Ajax, Lyon, Leipzig and Monaco (!!) have made it further than Shitty under him. He has been pathetic failure in CL. It is clear as a day.

And there was another one (Brighton, I believe) which he got away with. That was stonewall.

Let's not throw Aurier under the bus when his replacement is genuinely no better.
I suppose we can hope that Dohery will settle, whereas Serge is more of a case of WYSIWYG.

Doherty's last match was promising...

I suppose we can hope that Dohery will settle, whereas Serge is more of a case of WYSIWYG.

Doherty's last match was promising...

He was okay against arguably the worst team in the league. Probably his first decent game for us with his first real contribution - I hope he can kick on.

I'm nervous about this run of games. Come out of them well however, and we will be chomping at the bit and have a real chance at the league.

COYS, let's do this!

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Shame we can't be there in person. Be a fantastic day out.

Would you have been more excited with Foden/Doherty?

When Doherty has conceded 2 penalties already this season?

Well that would have been just dandy too.

Wasnt throwing Aurier under the bus, its just that he happens to be the one that is playing. (Fwiw I think he's better than Doherty, I said so when he was signed and pretty much been proven right.) I think most defenders are going to struggle with Foden because as the young say 'He's got skillz bro'

Back
Top Bottom