Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enbm0bmWEAE76wv

I think Hugo looked like a great leader in the documentary, at least with the team talks - surprised me how vocal he is, there's probably a lot he does behind the scenes considering he's also France's captain. I don't think the armband matters that much though outside the symbolism tbh, PEH is a captain out there with how he directs other players and commands respect, Harry is the same in the way he's always first to training and last to leave and the defacto face of the club in his handling of most of the speaking duties. I think it's important every player out there has leadership qualities in the sense of taking responsibility for the team, it can't just be one person everyone is looking at when the chips are down :thumbup:

Lloris is the perfect club captain, never gives the press anything to run with - just toes the club line.

I really wouldn't want Kane having even more press responsibilities.....all they do is try to find new ways to trick him into saying he wants to join Man Utd

Jeez, forgot all about this.

What a goal that would have been - still can't actually believe Son didn't shoot.

Ndombeles press resistance at the beginning of that move is what makes it all happen too - they can't get near him. This is why he needs to play a little deeper for us, in my opinion. No one else can do that for us in midfield.

Shame Son/Kane got the finish wrong. Great team play. City did not press us much at all that’s the only worry. No way liverpool are going to do it half hearted and stand off our players like City did. So we’ll have tougher games yet.

They wouldn’t though. Because Kane was offside.
I know you love Sonny (dont we all) but perspective is important. Had he shot and missed we’d have all said he had no option because Harry was off.
It's not Son is it. Harry shouldn't have been offside. It's not Sons job to check if Harry is offside, is Harry's job to be onside.

Last edited:
It's not Son is it. Harry shouldn't have been offside. It's not Sons job to check if Harry is offside, is Harry's job to be inside.
Its true, but again, if Harry had been onside there's no angle for the pass really. Of course, then its likely Son shoots...so back to your point about Harry's responsibility to be onside.

Either way, we won 2-0.

It's not Son is it. Harry shouldn't have been offside. It's not Sons job to check if Harry is offside, is Harry's job to be onside.
I totally agree. It was just answering the point that everyone would have been on Sonny’s case had he taken the shot and missed. Nobody could criticise a player for taking on a viable chance if there wasn’t a better option. Sonny could have launched it into row Z and he’d have got a pass

Shame Son/Kane got the finish wrong. Great team play. City did not press us much at all that’s the only worry. No way liverpool are going to do it half hearted and stand off our players like City did. So we’ll have tougher games yet.
We might do, but we’ve also shown we’re more than capable of cutting through any team with ease - especially the more attacking teams. Klopp will have a headache coming up against us...Jose has a Plan A (attack) and a B (counter)...Klopp knows his defence is shot and will struggle against Kane / Son + 1. I imagine it will turn out like the game against Chelsea, who are also top-heavy, but not as ‘complete’.

I’ll back us to beat Scum by playing on the counter and draw with Liverpool in a deliberately awful 0-0 dirge.

I know this is late...but WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK WAS THAT JOE HART AND JON STONES WRESTLING SHIT in the warm up. Fucking hated seeing that....hardly seems like the right mentality and underlines my mostly negative feelings towards Hart.

We might do, but we’ve also shown we’re more than capable of cutting through any team with ease - especially the more attacking teams. Klopp will have a headache coming up against us...Jose has a Plan A (attack) and a B (counter)...Klopp knows his defence is shot and will struggle against Kane / Son + 1. I imagine it will turn out like the game against Chelsea, who are also top-heavy, but not as ‘complete’.

I’ll back us to beat Scum by playing on the counter and draw with Liverpool in a deliberately awful 0-0 dirge.

I'd take that 100%.... I said to begin with 7 points from City/Chavs/Scum would be amazing..... I'll stand by that.

Back
Top Bottom