Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked to me like part of his mandate was to help Rodon, assist Aurier, backup Ndombele and even force a way into their box. I am a very long way from being his biggest fan but I will say that he maybe had more things on the list to do than any other player and he ran his arse off.

Such a problem player. Sick of the sight of him tbh. Tired of him solving one problem and being the cause of another.

Why can't we have a midfielder who is decently fast/strong, does the defensive work but also has a bit of technical ability to help us not have to defend all the time. He's literally just a human battering ram used to shut down fast but not technical wingers like Werner, if Werner also didn't have shit for brains we'd have got fucked.

Even that donkey rodri can score from range from time to time, is a big threat on set pieces etc.

Him, Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, so many one dimensional, technically deficient players we just can't seem to shift.

Have you got any evidence to back up the idea that we've tried to shift any of these guys or are you just making that up cos you don't rate them?

Last edited:
Because anyone that can do that will play for a better club than us.

Until we are Real Madrid we have to accept that our players are not complete
We have Kane, Son, Lloris, Regui, Ndombele, PEH, I think we can dare to dream.

I expect him to play against Woolwich and Palace and Liverpool. You select the team based on identification of the opposition strengths too.

All teams have fast wingers, hence he will start all those games.

We are top of the league and idiots will still moan about him despite playing well and being top. Its a harsh reality but its clear some people do not want him to succeed.
Which is ridiculous if they then also call themselves Spurs fans

Dier was lucky that those misplaced passes weren't punished. He needs to cut that out of his game. Think he has improved other parts of his game though.
Worst game he’s had this season!
Missing Toby?

But I was generally pleased with Rodon
A couple of mistakes yes but to be expected
We could have a player there

Worst game he’s had this season!
Missing Toby?

But I was generally pleased with Rodon
A couple of mistakes yes but to be expected
We could have a player there

I think Rodon looks a good player. Really hard place to get your Spurs full debut and he did well.

he ran his arse off.

if thats the criteria then Levy should just sign half a dozen ultra-marathon runners from Ethiopia

he doesnt do much in terms of football101 whether it is tackling or marking or passing or shooting. If you think Sissoko was 'good' yesterday then you didn't see how Kante and Mason Mount played

Sissoko with the ball in the opposition box wouldn't give even the optimistic Spurs fan any hope of a goal , Sissoko with the ball in the spurs box would get everyone nervous of stupid mistakes. So there is a very niche zone where he can operate and he is frankly useless

In all honesty, I don't think he was anything to shout about yesterday.

If all he's there to do is follow a runner, then Skipp is taking his place next year. With ease.

He made 0 tackles and made 0 interceptions yesterday. He had the worst pass accuracy in the team (69%) and didn't even complete a single dribble.

Which tells me he's disciplined enough in following a man to nullify. But again, doesn't really add anything to the team that someone with a bit more skill could have done.

If all he's there to do is follow a runner, then Skipp is taking his place next year. With ease.

He made 0 tackles and made 0 interceptions yesterday. He had the worst pass accuracy in the team (69%) and didn't even complete a single dribble.

Which tells me he's disciplined enough in following a man to nullify. But again, doesn't really add anything to the team that someone with a bit more skill could have done.
He brings a lot more muscle and strength than Skipp will ever do though.

I am aware of Sissoko’s lack of abilities in some areas, and yes, they are very glaring holes, but I really don’t know if Skipp could fill Sissoko’s boots.

Werner is a really good player and I don’t know if Skipp could have done what Sissoko did yesterday.

He brings a lot more muscle and strength than Skipp will ever do though.

I am aware of Sissoko’s lack of abilities in some areas, and yes, they are very glaring holes, but I really don’t know if Skipp could fill Sissoko’s boots.

Werner is a really good player and I don’t know if Skipp could have done what Sissoko did yesterday.

All he did was follow a man.

Its not rocket science.

There wasnt a single instance where Sissoko used physicality to win the ball from Werner or anyone hence why he didn't complete a single tackle or interception.

He just followed him to allow Aurier to push up on Chilwell or move into midfield.

That's one of the easiest jobs in football if you're well disciplined. I'd like to think Skipp would be.

Werner is a bit of a donkey as well tbh, he is a discount Son, and as long as you can match him for pace/power and deny him space, he won't do shit.

If that was Mane today, we'd be toast, and not only that, with Sissoko in the side we'd be hopeless in any attempt to build an attack, as Chelsea were quite compact and risk averse themselves.

I do think there’s far more to it than that, Sissoko has the strength and speed to cover Wener, he wasn’t just following him...

If it was that simple then get me a pair of boots and a uniform, I’ll fill in for Sissoko!

But his strength wasn't used once.

He's a fit lad, who is clever enough to follow instructions and that's literally all he was used for.

Nothing wrong with that. He had a role and he played it.

But it wasn't some defensive masterclass or something only Sissoko could do.

Imagine if instead we had someone who can follow instructions but also play football to!?

if thats the criteria then Levy should just sign half a dozen ultra-marathon runners from Ethiopia

he doesnt do much in terms of football101 whether it is tackling or marking or passing or shooting. If you think Sissoko was 'good' yesterday then you didn't see how Kante and Mason Mount played

Sissoko with the ball in the opposition box wouldn't give even the optimistic Spurs fan any hope of a goal , Sissoko with the ball in the spurs box would get everyone nervous of stupid mistakes. So there is a very niche zone where he can operate and he is frankly useless

Ok lets look at the evidence, on one side we have a player who has played

526 senior club games.
of which
242 were in the premier league.
192 were in ligue 1
48 were in ECL/EL
Hes scored 40 times
He played at every age level for France
65 times for the national side
48 times for under age national sides
He played in the ECL final
He played in a world cup winning squad.
He played in the Euro finals
He was the Spurs Legends player of the season 2019

On the other side we have you saying he is 'frankly useless'.

Its close .......

I do think there’s far more to it than that, Sissoko has the strength and speed to cover Wener, he wasn’t just following him...

If it was that simple then get me a pair of boots and a uniform, I’ll fill in for Sissoko!
Or DSanditon DSanditon

I’m sure Jose values him and Siss is probably one of the first names on the team sheet in a system that works and we’re top of the League but still not enough for some!!

Back
Top Bottom