Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon Bissouma could quite easily fill the role. Physical. Strong. I'm sure he can follow Mourinhos instructions. He can also play abit too.

Though he'll have 2 years left on his deal in the summer.

Doherty wasn't in his last year by the way - his contract was up in 2023.
So how the fuck did we get him for next to nothing? Must have been some kind of get out clause, surely?

He starts every week for the team top of the table mate.

TOP.
The other 5 couldn#t get him if they wanted him.

Come on, you know it doesn't work like that.

Wes Morgan played centre half for a team that was top of the league and won it. And he wouldn't have got into anyone in the traditional top 5.

I don't think we'll get rid of him - but he'll be benched for a superior player who does the exact same job but can play football too.
I think the player you speak of wouldn't come cheap. Unless jose works another miracle like he has done with PEH.

Going back to Buissouma. Just twigged who he is.
Mad skills.
NINTCHDBPICT000609582284-e1600618911964.jpg

I think Rodon looks a good player. Really hard place to get your Spurs full debut and he did well.
Rodon and Tanganga could be our starting CB pair in the future, with Tanganga playing the "Toby role", which means being very solid on the ball, and Rodon can play the "Jan role". Either way, this is a Sissoko thread, and I was extremely happy with his defensive work yesterday, which is why he's in the side in the first place.

Wes Morgan played centre half for a team that was top of the league and won it. And he wouldn't have got into anyone in the traditional top 5.
It was a joke, a play on the other posters commebt "would get get in any of the top 6's starting 11"

Well he gets in ours, and we're above all of them.....

You list good players who could fill that role. We couldn't get any of them though unless they were in the last year of their contract. They're all regulars for their team and Levy just doesn't do those kinds of deals with premier league teams.
PEH - last year
Doherty - last year
Hart - Free
Bale/Reguilon/Rodon/Vinicus/ all from outside the premier league.

If you scout those kinds of players outside the premier league, or they get to 1 year left then I'm sure Levy and Jose would love to know.

But there are dozens like that out there, where those teams got them from and didn't pay much. We may even have a kid who is an upgrade already for nothing.

But there are dozens like that out there, where those teams got them from and didn't pay much. We may even have a kid who is an upgrade already for nothing.

I don't dispute it. Maybe his days will be numbered.
I sense there were more pressing positions, both in the starting 11 and on the bench we needed to address before him.

We can't sign anyone for a month now though so get used to him, he's gonna be starting every match.

If you like Jose as a coach and you think he can make the difference against other teams and their managers, you need to value what Sissoko offers for the team - and for Jose. He is one of the players that allows Mourinho to work his magic.

Now, we went from a team that couldn´t defend against anybody to a team that kept two consecutive clean sheets against two of the best attacks in the league (and in Europe), and yet people still think Sissoko is just a donkey who ideally wouldn´t be playing in our first team.

Sissoko has nothing to do with our defensive organization? I mean, really?

Once again, Sissoko did his job extremely well yesterday, protecting the space between Aurier and Rodon - Werner´s attacking zone. There are simply not many midfielders who could do it.

COYS

Last edited:
Nor did he enable us to get out of our half for massive chunks of the game. Anyone watching hing saw that too.

He did his space filler job well. Nobody is denying this. He did nothing else well though, which heavily contributed to us doing nothing and having an X/G of 0.23.

It's great that he played a part in our second bus park of the week. But some of us would just like to advance to bus park plus 2.0 where we get out of our half more than 3 times. To do that we need to upgrade to a player who can shuffle par excellence between RB and RCB but also pass it forwards more than 4 times in 94 minutes.

Which for the record, JJ has also pointed out about Sissoko n MOTD.
Perhaps that was part of Jose’s plan
To play large chunks of the game in our own half and hit them on the counter

It worked

But Wes was good at committing one tactical foul after another disrupting the opposition and mostly getting away with it ably assisted by Huth

Perhaps that was part of Jose’s plan
To play large chunks of the game in our own half and hit them on the counter

It worked

Nope. Sissoko was definitely to blame for us not peppering them for 90mins.

I know how this movie ends, innit. :)

Would be awfully harsh to discount Morgan playing his part tho....

And that makes him good enough to get into the top 5 teams ?

Would some one buy him to do that? Probably not (at least not now with VAR to catch him out)
Would some one who already has him in their squad and has limited ability to replace him, use him to his best and suit the team? 100%

And he deserved a call up to the England squad according to Redknapp.

Last edited:
Would be awfully harsh to discount Morgan playing his part tho....

Of course - they all had their roles to play.

But that doesn't mean that

A) They are good footballers
B) Can't be upgraded

Surely, that's what most of us think of Sissoko?

He has his role. And can perform that role to the best of his ability. But we also agree that he isn't the best footballer and can be upgraded.

Would some one buy him to do that? Probably note (at least not now with VAR to catch him out)
Would some one who already has him in their squad and has limited ability to replace him, use him to his best and suit the team? 100%

And he deserved a call up to the England squad according to Redknapp.

Which shows you that you should probably take what Redknapp says with a pinch of salt.

He's got numerous caps with Jamaica and therefore could never receive a cap with England. And these guys work in football. Jesus christ.

Scary.

Of course - they all had their roles to play.

But that doesn't mean that

A) They are good footballers
B) Can't be upgraded

Surely, that's what most of us think of Sissoko?

He has his role. And can perform that role to the best of his ability. But we also agree that he isn't the best footballer and can be upgraded.

I know you're moderate about him, T... Which is fair enough. I'm just further batting back the "he does nothing: narrative.

Back
Top Bottom