The Mighty Spurs vs Woolwich Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The pundits hate us doing well, when we played expansive football the argument was that we are too soft and weak at the back.
Now it's we are boring and not expansive enough, I couldn't care less what they think this team is going places and the establishment don't like it.
I love it.
They don’t realise they are going to be our 12th man all the way to the title

Doing half of Joses job for him the fucking bitter twats

So, I have a confession to make................... I didn't watch the game, as I fell asleep after a huge lunch and then had an hour's catch up call with a girl friend, who is not a football fan. Worked out pretty well, like the Man U game, so I think I'm going to have to make it part of my match day routine!!!
Only read the last few pages of this thread, and I can't believe some people are moaning about us giving up possession. When will it get into people's heads that the only statistic that matters is scoring one more goal than the opposition! Football is a simple game and can be enjoyed at the most basic level. If your pleasure is dissecting every single move or making it into a game of chess, then bully for you. I'm happy to see great goals, super saves, well timed tackles and three points won over that lot down the road, which takes us to the top of the table!

All i can recommend is watching both goals on the watch along and then from 88mins and post match.

They are in absolute disarray. Its wonderful!

MUCH LOVE MY MADRIDIAN YIDDO!!!

Oh and Martin Atkinson , dreadful referee. Still didn't stop us slotting those cretins though!
The scoreline will gloss over that one. Every 50/50 he gave their way and it got to the point that all they had to do was fall over and he would blow in their favour.

Not sure if it helped them in the end as they would break up their own play by falling down.

I'm still unsure what point the ref was trying to make there. That should have been a card for Xhaka within the first couple of minutes and it really set the tone.

The melting on Woolwich Mania is a thing of beauty......

Half their fans are seriously concerned that they're going to get relegated

There are growing calls to "bring Wenger back"

Most accept that they didn't play better than us in the second half and that we just let them play as we'd already done the business.

Its fascinating to read the total meltdown.

Last edited:
So, I have a confession to make................... I didn't watch the game, as I fell asleep after a huge lunch and then had an hour's catch up call with a girl friend, who is not a football fan. Worked out pretty well, like the Man U game, so I think I'm going to have to make it part of my match day routine!!!
Only read the last few pages of this thread, and I can't believe some people are moaning about us giving up possession. When will it get into people's heads that the only statistic that matters is scoring one more goal than the opposition! Football is a simple game and can be enjoyed at the most basic level. If your pleasure is dissecting every single move or making it into a game of chess, then bully for you. I'm happy to see great goals, super saves, well timed tackles and three points won over that lot down the road, which takes us to the top of the table!
Anyway the muffins worked today !

Thats a mild celebration, juice it up! :llorishowudoin:

I should have put money on it.
Then again, with Son 10 in 11 with 3 assists and Kane 8 in 11 with 10 assists the odds wouldn’t have been great but let me tell you something, after Kane’s goal my mrs looked like she’d been bukkake’d - was a 3-4 day load....

Right I'll take that as a good luck sign and vote you don't watch any more of our games live until we lose again. 👍🏽

Happy weekend guys, girls, and goat.

I think many of us thought Dr Tottenham would be paying a visit, and that’s understandable given our history. But we won and kept a clean sheet. Wasn’t easy on the eye, but the scoreboard certainly is.

Oh what a beautiful day.

Back
Top Bottom