Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hZsPdu6TqOnBU86ZnKmYTvNmQGDBjPtru8_E--5Q9GI.jpg

Shows how interesting and angled stats can be. According to Opta Joe we prevented Liverpool from having a single big chance on goal whilst generating 4 ourselves.
Hmm, in the first half I remember lots of chances I thought they should have scored from in the box. I would at least call them big chances. Salah shot and Firmino header just off the top of my head. They hit the bar in the second half.
More I think about it that makes no sense. Also, does Firmino's winner not count as a big chance?

Is the narrative really that we stopped them having chances?

Lookman isn't at Everton you absolute *£"%$^*. He's at Fulham. He played them only a few days ago, and he did get an assist too.

Like I said, if you actually watched these players play, you'd know how much better they are than Moura.
Ahh thought he was at Leeds actually.

They are “Better” yet produce very little more in double playing time

:adethumbup:

They had 17 chances, 11 of them on goal. In what world did we play well? In the first 15 minutes of the second half we played well, the rest, 75 minutes we played like shit. They cut like our defence like a hot knife in butter, this is when we had parked the bus. We were lucky they didn't lead 5-1 after the first half. So 6-3 maybe would have been a fair result.
17 chances???

What planet are you from?

I don't think any teams have come as close we have within that time though.

2020-21 - Bergwijn and Kane misses to go 1-2 up.
2019-20 - Son open goal to go 0-2 up
2018-19 - Late Sissoko chance to go 1-2 up
2017-18 - Kane penalty miss to go 1-2 up in last minute

I'm not the one who can explain it.

Liverpool won't lose a game at Anfield this season - many won't come close to we did last night.
Fact. It was so close last night my prostate was squeezed like a lemon.

My best mate supports them and last season he was mr supersmug with his constant text updates during their matches. Last night he texted to say that we were absolute bastards to play against and that he thought he was going to have a heart attack a few times. We gave them a real match, Hagler vs Duran stuff. There's no shame in that. We didn't roll over. We're not out of the title race. They've got to face us at home.

I agree that we were slightly too defensive, especially in the first half, we need to find that balance between parking the bus and being a counter attacking side, at the moment it’s either one or the other

But you can’t expect us to go to anfield and go toe to toe with them? This is why we used to get drubbed by them when Poch was in charge

Um... We were never "drubbed" by Liverpool home or away under Pochettino. In fact we used to go there and take possession away from them.

Not been drubbed by them under Mourinho fwiw. We just cede possession to them.

It's just the inverse of the results against City. For some reason we just manage to get results against City - despite them fashioning wayyy more chances against us than Liverpool ever do. And us taking chances against City that we don't against Liverpool.

It's weird but that's how it is...

Also worth keeping in mind that Liverpool easily beat both Leicester and Chelsea this season, scoring 5 and conceding 0. We were so, so close to beating them and gave Liverpool a much more difficult 90 minutes than they did.

There's just this magic spell at Anfield, not just for us but for every visiting team. Everyone knows their home record so when that big chance comes there's just the slightest bit more tension which leads to a miss. Kane would score have scored last night in any other stadium in the world.

Everyone slagging of Bergwijn and I'm defending him from someone saying Moura should take his place. How am I the dramatic one?

I identified our defending of crosses as a problem, but someone disagreed and demanded evidence, I provided it.

Honestly, what have I said that's dramatic?
Because from the way you come across we have so many issues that need solving
All our players are not good enough it seems according to you

You seem to be Eze,Bowen and Zoumas agent with how much you go on about them

You see a player have a good game and we should of or must sign him just look at your Lookman comments absolutely ridiculous based on him having a good game

Maybe I'm misreading but you come across like we are bang in trouble

Because from the way you come across we have so many issues that need solving
All our players are not good enough it seems according to you

You seem to be Eze,Bowen and Zoumas agent with how much you go on about them

You see a player have a good game and we should of or must sign him just look at your Lookman comments absolutely ridiculous based on him having a good game

Maybe I'm misreading but you come across like we are bang in trouble
Players I've said do not need to be replaced:

Son, Kane, Dele, bergwijn, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Aurier, Dier, Hugo, PEH.

As for Eze/Bowen and co, they'd replace Lucas and Lamela as the backup to Bergwijn and some real competition for the spot.

I also mentioned Pedro Neto, Leon Bailey and Sabitzer as RW options several times in the past too. Several users took issue with these names, I asked for alternatives, none have responded.

Lookman was just an example to highlight just how shit Lucas is, I don't want us to sign him, but if you offered me a straight swap of Lookman for Lucas, I'd take it.

You are definitely misreading me. I've said plenty of times that we have the best defence in the league and it's no fluke. We just have a couple of clear issues that need sorting. Namely the RW, CB and CM problems. This whole chain of comments with sammy began cos I was defending Bergwijn's performance. So I don't think all is lost for him.

I mention Zouma, not because I think he's some super duper defender but because he suits our park the bus and head away the crosses style better than Toby, even though Toby is an overall better CB. Vestegaard is also catching my attention for his aerial dominance, but I'm waiting to see if his old brainfart ways are behind him. I've said all this in other posts too.

You could rightly criticise me for overalanysing, but I don't think the doom and gloom chractersiation fits.

Players I've said do not need to be replaced:

Son, Kane, Dele, bergwijn, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon, Aurier, Dier, Hugo, PEH.

.....You could rightly criticise me for overalanysing, but I don't think the doom and gloom chractersiation fits.

12 (inc. Skipp) out of a 31man squad (also inc. Sessengon)

When do you want the 19 new players in by? ......January? .....This summer? :ledley:

This ones only got worse over night for me, finding it hard to shake given the manner in which we lost.

why was bergwijn in the channel that son usually occupies? He had 2 chances that would have fallen to son instead.

Why no Ndombele? He was the clear sub when Gio came off, or atleast by the time dele came on. We needed more control not more runners.

I get it I’m dealing in ifs buts and maybes, it’s just so frustrating because I’ve been waiting for our boys to give us some small redemption for the CL final against these cunts and they never do.

Guess we will have to wait yet another season to see some sort of reaction, if we ever do.

Main character from a TV series I was into also yeah that was pretty God awful.
Atkinson gave them a goal which never crossed the line and he admitted it to Harry afterwards

Drogpa fouled Gallas for their first against the run of play

When Adebayor was brought down by Cech for a penalty but Atkinson who had a mare played on and we scored and Cech who should have had a straight red stayed on

Fucking robbed!

Main character from a TV series I was into also yeah that was pretty God awful.
I tried watching Neon Genesis in my anime watching days, it seemed up its own arse even by anime standards.

Back
Top Bottom