Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just listening to Football Weekly and Barry Glendenning making a case for this being our performance of the season and that we were the better team by a distance. Accusing Liverpool of getting away with it via a fluke deflection and a last minute set piece, otherwise having nothing that came close to bothering us.

Hugo did have a few saves to make, but nothing worse than a standard Dav back pass.

If he’d jumped for his header, the ball would have hit him in the plums. As it is, I think he saw it late.
I never said that he should have jumped for it but only that he didn’t
It was a bad miss which could be explained by the knock on the head prior to this

Don't like disagreeing but he should have scored but next match roll on.
Not denying it wasn’t a good chance, just that I can understand him missing. Well, can understand someone missing it. Bit more difficult to explain it away when it’s Kane doing the missing.
I never said that he should have jumped for it but only that he didn’t
It was a bad miss which could be explained by the knock on the head prior to this
And I never said you did. 😂 As above, an unexpected miss. Not sure I’d blame the hit on the head, more the speed of the cross and him being unsighted. Looked to me afterwards like he had been hit in the face with the ball, rather than him heading it. Nevertheless, I’m sure he’ll be back twatting them in at the weekend.

Not denying it wasn’t a good chance, just that I can understand him missing. Well, can understand someone missing it. Bit more difficult to explain it away when it’s Kane doing the missing.

And I never said you did. 😂 As above, an unexpected miss. Not sure I’d blame the hit on the head, more the speed of the cross and him being unsighted. Looked to me afterwards like he had been hit in the face with the ball, rather than him heading it. Nevertheless, I’m sure he’ll be back twatting them in at the weekend.
You hinted!!

Kidding but he directed the header downwards when there was no need

Water under the bridge now though and I’m still totally confident that Jose will get it right starting with those upstarts from the East Midlands just to piss jug ears off!

Hey man i couldn't sleep last night. I feel the same way it was a little chip just fell of my heart. I love Kane

ya, some really wild takes in here.

"But for all the talk of Mourinho’s low blocks and parking the bus, his side went for it after the break. They created three “big chances”, as defined by Opta, compared to Liverpool’s zero. In fact, Liverpool created zero big chances across the whole game, compared to Tottenham’s four"

Also, I'm not even saying this means we 'deserved to win' or anything like that, just that some of the melting is wildly out of proportion in the aftermath of a game where we limited the reigning champions to 0 big chances on their own ground and created 4 of our own.
Yeah but the "0 big chances" statistic is a joke, it must be almost meaningless. I can think of 4 off the top of my head which were "big chances" for them.

We beat southampton 5-1 because they played a high line. They lost to utd after being 2-0 up because they wouldnt change.
We still didnt win against liverpool in anfield with poch. This liverpool team are much better and have the confidence of being league and european champions. Klopp has had nearly 5 year and were shit for 3 of those. I have no doubt mourinho will adapt the team a bit more the longer hes here
This! This was the biggest difference yesterday. Had Bergwijn and Kane had the confidence Liverpool had we would have battered them.
Fine margins in football.

And I still think there is something dodgy going on in the Liverpool squad's blood values.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Still find it difficult to watch this style of football from Spurs. That being said, we were so close to remaining on top, after an away match at 2nd place team. Their first goal was shit.

:mourfacepalm:

2. I usually gripe about passing accuracy I’m not sure a lot of errant “kicks” could be classified as passes. Hard to even classify them as clearances, when they were barely making it out of the box. So many hit and hope were coming right back down their respective throats. My kingdom for at least A LITTLE possession.

3. Seemed like way too many missed traps and bad short passes. Just the basics.

4. Toss up between Hugo and Serge for MOTM. Spectacular saves from Lloris kept us in it yet again. Maybe the best I’ve seen from Serge. Mane was his bitch.

5. Surprised to see Davies start, but it worked out well defensively.

6. Not much thoughts on Dele, still don’t think he adds to much to the attack. I still would like to see him at DM

7. Lucas for GLC spelled the end of much of a scoring threat.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Still find it difficult to watch this style of football from Spurs. That being said, we were so close to remaining on top, after an away match at 2nd place team. Their first goal was shit.

:mourfacepalm:

2. I usually gripe about passing accuracy I’m not sure a lot of errant “kicks” could be classified as passes. Hard to even classify them as clearances, when they were barely making it out of the box. So many hit and hope were coming right back down their respective throats. My kingdom for at least A LITTLE possession.

3. Seemed like way too many missed traps and bad short passes. Just the basics.

4. Toss up between Hugo and Serge for MOTM. Spectacular saves from Lloris kept us in it yet again. Maybe the best I’ve seen from Serge. Mane was his bitch.

5. Surprised to see Davies start, but it worked out well defensively.

6. Not much thoughts on Dele, still don’t think he adds to much to the attack. I still would like to see him at DM

7. Lucas for GLC spelled the end of much of a scoring threat.
Are you serious about Dele?
He would have to become a different player to fit there. If he was doing his flicks and tricks 20 yards from our goal Mourinho would have a stroke.

I thought this was another MOTM for the much maligned Aurier, had a fuck of a lot of work to do (44% came down our right, 33% left) up against one of the league's toughest attacking players, and got through more defensive work than anyone by miles and did most of it really well.

Lo Celso got through a fair bit of defensive work too:

jHPGr5r.png

Klopp is a cunt!!

Last December, Klopp said the following after signing a contract extension:

“If the people wanted a lift today and they feel it is a lift then they are welcome,” Klopp said. “That’s nice. I feel the same, it is the same strange feeling after what happened yesterday which was tough to take."

'And what happened yesterday?' I hear you ask...

He was referring to the General Election!!

He thought maybe his contract extension was the antidote to a national democratic vote and it might just bring a little light into the humdrum lives of the people of the good city of Liverpool.

Unbelievable.

He's a fucking arrogant, patronising cunt.

Last December, Klopp said the following after signing a contract extension:

“If the people wanted a lift today and they feel it is a lift then they are welcome,” Klopp said. “That’s nice. I feel the same, it is the same strange feeling after what happened yesterday which was tough to take."

'And what happened yesterday?' I hear you ask...

He was referring to the General Election!!

He thought maybe his contract extension was the antidote to a national democratic vote and it might just bring a little light into the humdrum lives of the people of the good city of Liverpool.

Unbelievable.

He's a fucking arrogant, patronising cunt.
Also a bully and his antics on the touchline are a disgrace as Jose pointed out

New in here. 45 years of spurs in my blood. And, Truly believe we are on the verge of something special. Seeing a belief in players and in Mou that I haven’t seen before And such a screwed up season, gives us a preyer.
Liverpool were lucky . Played better football but we had by far the better clear chances.

Back
Top Bottom