Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sucks he had to do it because it means he saw some of those nasty comments but it’s for the better.

It’s something all footballers/sportspersons should do, nothing good really comes from.

We need to invite the poor bugger into this forum
:mourweird:
He will come good. I just wish people would stop giving up on players too quickly. He’s been here how long? Less than 12 months. He is 23 years old. That kind of abuse (& some on here tbh) is absurd.

Son wasn’t great in his first couple of seasons and look how that turned out
His first season wasn't that great, but he was getting use to the league and was injured for a reasonable amount of time. However in his second season he scored 21 goals in all competitions, and won 2 Player of the month awards for that Premier season..so not exactly too bad.

And in terms of Stevie, he comes across at least to me as one of the most likeable lads in our squad. The abuse he has received sickens me... and I mentioned it in the match thread, please no more 'Fatberg' comments.

Last edited:

Sucks he had to do it because it means he saw some of those nasty comments but it’s for the better.

It’s something all footballers/sportspersons should do, nothing good really comes from.

Fucking retards. I hate social media so much, a platform for idiots to bully people and take no responsability for it. I don’t know if (and I hope that he doesn’t) Bergwijn spends too much time on these people but fuck me, how idiotic you have to be to insult some of your own players for hitting the post in a game that wasn’t even a fucking title decider or a cup final?

He did well to get into the positions to potentially score.
I agree - just defended Bergwijn in a couple of comments here. But...

He needs to do better. I mean, really. It was not just against Liverpool. Against Chelsea he got into the right position to potentially score too, but he missed it - over the bar. It was our best chance in that game, from a beautiful counter.

Bergwijn works a lot for the team - with and without the ball. But we're talking about three clear chances in two decisive matches - in which we lost five points.

The type of football we’re playing needs ruthless finishing and decision making. I don’t really blame him for not having that Son and Kane-like efficiency, very few have. But we either need him to step up a bit or get Bale fit for games like these to take some of the load off the front two.

His first season wasn't that great, but he was getting use to the league and was injured for a reasonable amount of time. However in his second season he scored 21 goals in all competitions, and won 2 Player of the month awards for that Premier season..so not exactly too bad.

And in terms of Stevie, he comes across at least to me as one of the most likeable lads in our squad. The abuse he has received sickens me... and I mentioned it in the match thread, please no more 'Fatberg' comments.

In that sense Son = Bergwijn.

This guy will come good, he worked his way back into the plans of Mourinho when he was not making the cut.
Has clearly worked on his physique and looks in good shape.

Was so unlucky with that shot that hit the post.

This is sad. I hope fans can repair this somehow.

If we don´t respect our players, who will respect us?

Last edited:
Son wasn’t great in his first couple of seasons and look how that turned out
Son had an average first season and a great second season

Berg has been shit since day one bar that debut goal and progressively gotten worse this season. Even before the Liverpool game he hadn’t done enough to keep starting imv hence why Bale should be taking his position now. Neither him or Lucas are consistent enough or have regular goals in them

People blaming Berg but the issue is at the very top having fucked Jose over last January when he gave his preference for a RW upgrade instead the 2 bald cunts got him 3 / 4th choice - another ENIC masterclass lesson on how save few bob and keep thinking you’re cleverer than everyone else - Poch called it years ago

If people are posting on Twitter, Instagram or some other media bullishit then players should stay off the fcuking things.

People are thick as pig shit if they think that is appropriate behaviour.

Fcuking shameful.

As if a player ever misses chances on purpose.
Agreed - rather come on TFC and have a proper cunt off with the pros

It is ridiculous how harsh he’s been treated. Yes, he missed two chances, one of them a huge one but he was sharp enough and was intelligent enough to play the game the right way and got into the position to have that chance. I actually thought he played well. Hope he will continue to develop as he is also a very young player.

All these abuse will only discourage a young player.

He will come good
Hard to say he will definitely come good. He seems a tactically intelligent player will limited technical ability. Meaning he's alert to danger, makes good runs and sees attacking situations developing too; but when it comes to execution with a dribble, pass, shot, or any real pace/power.

Thankfully, developing the ability dribble, pass etc. can be improved massively with a good mentality and endless drills. Kane has done it. It's a question of if he has the relentless drive to improve.

Back
Top Bottom