Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I were a player I would never ever ever ever look at social media.

I'd have a social media manager to make generic feel good posts about me and that's it.

Even if you're on top of the world and a star like Kane or Sonny, I'm sure you still get constant abuse from rival fans.

No good can come from it.
That's what Toby does. All his accounts are run by a company.

We are being greedy Bergwin is a better player than Moura. A better fit for Jose system and with work he can get better at scoring goals. Him in that front three makes us better than nearly all but the team we played last night lets look at the wide forward options in total yeah Werner and Rashford are better going forward but both are worse in reverse. They may well be a better wide forward in the world but he is by no means crap.

I honestly wasn't trying to twist your words though Baz. I am deadly serious about the comparisons of the two players (Mane, who I think is brilliant, had less of an impact on his team's performance than Bergwijn did, Bergwijn beat his man in his 1v1 duels, Mane didn't. Even the shot he had that hit the bar, hit the bar because Aurier managed to nick it onto the bar, Aurier kept Mane largely in his pocket. Bergwijn won his 1v1's. I just wished we played a more expansive game and he could enjoy the luxury of the Spurs players of old and the LFC players are having now with 4 or 5 shots per game.
Agree that Jose has turned Aurier into a monster 👹
I was a huge critic of him and wanted him shipped out but I take it all back
Hopefully he can do the same with Dele

I’m just so disappointed with the result and Bergwijn but who knows

:dierpochhug:

I think Danny Rose never forget all the fans that abused him. He even brought it up when he done that Sun interview. 4 years later.
Which he was strongly advised not to do

Some people are just more sensitive than others but if he has genuinely got mental health issues we should back off

Sucks he had to do it because it means he saw some of those nasty comments but it’s for the better.

It’s something all footballers/sportspersons should do, nothing good really comes from.

We are being greedy Bergwin is a better player than Moura. A better fit for Jose system and with work he can get better at scoring goals. Him in that front three makes us better than nearly all but the team we played last night lets look at the wide forward options in total yeah Werner and Rashford are better going forward but both are worse in reverse. They may well be a better wide forward in the world but he is by no means crap.
I feel a bit sorry for him. A team set up with 2 defensive midfielders and a back 4 means he should really have great attacking freedom. He should have taken one of the chances last night. But when you're not getting those chances regularly because you spend 80% of your time defending, it's not surprising you could miss them.
Not every player can be as efficient as Son and remember it took Sonny a few years to get to this level. The Son of 2015/16 would likely have struggled to play in this Jose team as well.

I feel a bit sorry for him. A team set up with 2 defensive midfielders and a back 4 means he should really have great attacking freedom. He should have taken one of the chances last night. But when you're not getting those chances regularly because you spend 80% of your time defending, it's not surprising you could miss them.
Not every player can be as efficient as Son and remember it took Sonny a few years to get to this level. The Son of 2015/16 would likely have struggled to play in this Jose team as well.
Son always had it, its just that Kane never played the 10 like he does today.

So the scoring responsibility relies more on Son than ever before.

Remember when Kane was injured he was the sole man who carried us.

DIfferent class. The eye test says it all.

But when you're not getting those chances regularly because you spend 80% of your time defending, it's not surprising you could miss them.
That's the thing, that's why teams that used to play against Barca in their hey day with Xavi seemed so inept when attacking, because they'd see so little of the ball they couldn't get into a groove when they finally got the ball themselves.

Same with Berg, everyone needs to have the ball to get into a groove. If you're defending for 80 minutes, you're not going to suddenly pass or attack at your best.

Agree that Jose has turned Aurier into a monster 👹
I was a huge critic of him and wanted him shipped out but I take it all back
Hopefully he can do the same with Dele

I’m just so disappointed with the result and Bergwijn but who knows

:dierpochhug:
Aurier is the same player he has always been once he got past his first season.

Dele just needs to be played in his best position, having said that in a Jose team (low-block, low possession football) I just don't think he can thrive under that.

I'm not disappointed with Bergwijn, I genuinely thought he had a great game. Won his 1v1's and defending superbly.

Obviously, I am disappointed with the result but more so in how we go about our approach. You know I'm no fan of this god awful Jose ball, for all the percentages he plays without the ball by forcing the oppo into low percentage areas in the pitch, on the flip side it means his attackers have to score with every attack. That's simply unsustainable.

Aurier is the same player he has always been once he got past his first season.

Dele just needs to be played in his best position, having said that in a Jose team (low-block, low possession football) I just don't think he can thrive under that.

I'm not disappointed with Bergwijn, I genuinely thought he had a great game. Won his 1v1's and defending superbly.

Obviously, I am disappointed with the result but more so in how we go about our approach. You know I'm no fan of this god awful Jose ball, for all the percentages he plays without the ball by forcing the oppo into low percentage areas in the pitch, on the flip side it means his attackers have to score with every attack. That's simply unsustainable.
But the tiki taka for nothing is boring too and we don't have the team to play like Klopp , their pressing style is more risky for the injuries that's why they have a large bench .
Our block is low because our DC are slow like Terry :mourhandlaugh: , give him a DC like Varane and a good MO able to play between the Lines and run 10-20m with the ball during the counter phase and i am sure it will be less boring to watch.

But the tiki taka for nothing is boring too and we don't have the team to play like Klopp , their pressing style is more risky for the injuries that's why they have a large bench .
Our block is low because our DC are slow like Terry :mourhandlaugh: , give him a DC like Varane and a good MO able to play between the Lines and run 10-20m with the ball during the counter phase and i am sure it will be less boring to watch.
This is how he's played all his career. With some truly brilliant players too.

If I were a player I would never ever ever ever look at social media.

I'd have a social media manager to make generic feel good posts about me and that's it.

Even if you're on top of the world and a star like Kane or Sonny, I'm sure you still get constant abuse from rival fans.

No good can come from it.
If you are Kane and Son, you get consistent abuse from your own fans.

Back
Top Bottom