Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see our own fanbase's peanut gallery has decided to have a go at Steven on his socials.

Because that is going to help him find sharpness in front of goal. Idiots and kids insulting him.

How can you be so dismissive over Bergwijn (who's been here less than a year) but then get so defensive when people call out Sissoko for what he is?
Two separate arguments as you well know

I’m dismissive of Bergwijn because he fucked up two simple changes that ‘Arry’s wife could have put away which were primarily responsible to us losing to that vermin
He’s a striker

Sissoko is a great athlete who protects our defence and when played in the correct position does it very well
Your mate Blakey brought up his missed chance against the vermin last season which was completely unfair
(You would think that he has a vendetta against him and is obsessed)
He is not a striker and somehow because of his engine found himself in that position which he fucked up as we all thought he would including me but I was still gutted hence the unhelpful comments

That’s the difference

Yeah, embarrassing from this fan base really.

We are no better than the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. Let's be honest.

I already have done..... City a few weeks back... Earned him his current run in the team.

(Already said this.)

Now your turn.... Pls answer my questions as to why you feel bold enough to make such guarantees about the players you're advocating for.

Again.... Evidently he is ticking the boxes for the manager or he wouldn't keep playing him......

Ho Hum.

Play Lucas in the same role, you get the same outcome (see his game vs Woolwich after lockdown last season).... He was excellent, but did fuck all of note in attacking terms.

Essentially you want to alter the whole balance of the team. Our results so far don't back-up the call for such an overhaul.
I just don't think his performances can be that hard to better. I think if you give one of either lucas,bale,clarke or even dele a chance you'll see a better output. Unless you put them in the team you won't know. I think it's time for someone else to get that opportunity. If they don't better what he is doing right now ill gladly suck your cock and tell you you was right. I'm absolutely certain there'll be an improvement overall.

We are no better than the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. Let's be honest.
If they were our fans but yes if they were they should have a good look at themselves!

Having said that don’t celebrities etc run the risk of this sort of crap happening going on social media?

If they were our fans but yes if they were they should have a good look at themselves!

Having said that don’t celebrities etc run the risk of this sort of crap happening going on social media?

Of course they were our fans.

Look at the bloody abuse he gets on here. Only reason similar words aren't being used are because people don't want to be binned and abused

Of course they were our fans.

Look at the bloody abuse he gets on here. Only reason similar words aren't being used are because people don't want to be binned and abused
You don’t know that

Opposition fans troll on here as you well know so what’s the difference?

The problem with Bergwign is that he has to score goals. Running around and 'putting in a shift' is not enough.

If you look at our goal tally to date, it's overwhelmingly Son/Kane.

If you look at the rest of the team:

Hojbjerg and Sissoko won't score.

The central defenders will only get chances from set pieces.

Reguilon/Aurier may chip in with a couple of goals per season.

That leaves Lo Celso/Ndombele and Bergwign/Lucas/Bale who need to start scoring.

Simply relying on Kane/Son isn't enough as what happens if they're injured or rested?

I'd expect 10 per season from Bergwign/Lucas. On his displays to date, I'm not sure Bergwign can deliver. A couple of shocking misses. No doubt he'll start against Leicester!

You don’t know that

Opposition fans troll on here as you well know so what’s the difference?

I'm fairly confident.

Just like all the Spurs fans who abused Danny Rose back in 2014 on Twitter when he signed a new deal lead to him deleting it and holding a grudge to present day.

RW Lo Celso
I agree. We need another option and Lucas isn't it, and Bale is unfit.

Lo Celso could play ala eriksen when we had dele playing in the hole and Son playing as the more traditional winger. Lo Celso could add much needed creativity to the team while being able to play with Ndombele on the pitch, since we can't seem to pull it off with the in the cm.

I'm fairly confident.

Just like all the Spurs fans who abused Danny Rose back in 2014 on Twitter when he signed a new deal lead to him deleting it and holding a grudge to present day.
It is probably a mix of both. Definitely some trolls from other clubs. And definitely some dickheads within our own fanbase who most likely have little concept of online actions having consequences.

I'm fairly confident.

Football fans (including myself) know fuck all really.

ready to throw Rose, Son, Aurier under the bus, it’s now Bergwijns turn.

but they’ll give Soldado and Bale until the ends of the earth to get it right.

I'm fairly confident.

So Danny’s problems are down to the fans then??

Mental issues not a factor?

We’ve always had our share of idiots but generally I think we’re better than Dipper fans, Chavs and Spammers
Woolwich don’t count anymore

I see our own fanbase's peanut gallery has decided to have a go at Steven on his socials.

Because that is going to help him find sharpness in front of goal. Idiots and kids insulting him.

If I were a player I would never ever ever ever look at social media.

I'd have a social media manager to make generic feel good posts about me and that's it.

Even if you're on top of the world and a star like Kane or Sonny, I'm sure you still get constant abuse from rival fans.

No good can come from it.

Love you too sweety but I did say ‘easier’ and not ‘bigger’!

I wouldn’t want anyone to think that you were twisting peoples words now would we?
Simply not on old chap 🧐
I honestly wasn't trying to twist your words though Baz. I am deadly serious about the comparisons of the two players (Mane, who I think is brilliant, had less of an impact on his team's performance than Bergwijn did, Bergwijn beat his man in his 1v1 duels, Mane didn't. Even the shot he had that hit the bar, hit the bar because Aurier managed to nick it onto the bar, Aurier kept Mane largely in his pocket. Bergwijn won his 1v1's. I just wished we played a more expansive game and he could enjoy the luxury of the Spurs players of old and the LFC players are having now with 4 or 5 shots per game.

Back
Top Bottom