Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much of that decision is really his? I'm pretty sure vertical position is 80-90% dictated by the manager.

And, to be fair, him having a deeper average position has resulted in some teams getting rolled this season. He wasn't the further forward (on average) against Man Utd or Southampton, nor against City in which he was MOTM, pulling all kinds of strings. I don't think the deep position is inherently wrong, but he needs certain things going on behind and in front of him to make it work, and those things have been notably absent in the last few games compared to earlier in the season.

Then again, I'm not an expert football tactician! Who knows? Jose and his staff are the ones getting the big bucks to figure out where best to position Kane.
I'm more talking about shooting when he should be passing. Passing when he should shoot.

Holding onto it longer than needed.

He normally makes better decisions than most of our players, if not all of them. Something hasn't been right last 4 games. Part of it is how the team is setup, partly fatigue and probably partly frustration of not having the ball in attacking areas much.

Little Louie Kane to score on his first team debut in 2038 then.
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

lol

There’s some transfers that are virtually impossible in taking place between 2 premier league teams, thankfully Harry Kane is one of them. Don’t get me wrong, if Spurs don’t start winning trophies and quickly, he could well be off eventually to Real Madrid, but never in a million years is Harry Kane joining another English side. Hopefully he will be at Spurs for life.

There’s some transfers that are virtually impossible in taking place between 2 premier league teams, thankfully Harry Kane is one of them. Don’t get me wrong, if Spurs don’t start winning trophies and quickly, he could well be off eventually to Real Madrid, but never in a million years is Harry Kane joining another English side. Hopefully he will be at Spurs for life.
I disagree. Shearers record is in reach. If he leaves, he will leave for one of the Manchester clubs.

Hopefully he will stay and do it with us.

If you were Harry Kane, you're 27, you've never won a trophy and Manchester City put a bid in for you, would you want to leave Tottenham?

(Honest answers, please)

If you were Harry Kane, you're 27, you've never won a trophy and Manchester City put a bid in for you, would you want to leave Tottenham?

(Honest answers, please)
I imagine it depends on how the rest of the season goes. If we perform well (top four/cup) and show we're on the right track, I think he'll stay. If we play poorly and finish 6th or 7th he'd be right to consider his options.

Honestly cant see that happening. If he moves its to one of the big spanish clubs. Real i think
I wouldn’t discount that - but if he’s like 30-50 away from Shearer when he’s still 30 then he will stay in the premier league.

I imagine it depends on how the rest of the season goes. If we perform well (top four/cup) and show we're on the right track, I think he'll stay. If we play poorly and finish 6th or 7th he'd be right to consider his options.

But this more than anything. He’s not really motivated by money it seems, and of course we wants to win. But he’s also a model pro and a stoic family man. I’m not sure he’s the sort to move abroad and the upheaval that would cause his young family, or his wife for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom