Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I imagine it depends on how the rest of the season goes. If we perform well (top four/cup) and show we're on the right track, I think he'll stay. If we play poorly and finish 6th or 7th he'd be right to consider his options.
Id look at City now and ask myself what the likelihood that they have peaked. Everything depends on this season. We need to be there or there abouts in the league and win one or more cups.

Hopefully Bale has told him of the problems of living abroad without friends and family and in a different culture. He has a lot of Spurs supporters as mates/family who will not want him to leave. He is England Captain and whilst he can keep the role playing abroad, he would be more vulnerable at losing it if the goals dried up. He is earning more than enough money and is married to his childhood love rather than a gold digger. Trophies is the only reason to leave and hopefully the reasons to stay as listed above will overrule that. Bale by leaving Wales was already away from his roots, Kane is not making it harder to leave.

I wouldn’t discount that - but if he’s like 30-50 away from Shearer when he’s still 30 then he will stay in the premier league.

But this more than anything. He’s not really motivated by money it seems, and of course we wants to win. But he’s also a model pro and a stoic family man. I’m not sure he’s the sort to move abroad and the upheaval that would cause his young family, or his wife for that matter.
To be fair, he was clear in the documentary about winning things. One thing is that I can't see him going on strike to get a move, so he may just stay here because of his own niceness.

Being realistic I think for Levy to even consider selling Kane it’s going to take a bid north of £200 million upfront , no instalments and even then that’s to cheap, where can you get a striker who can pretty much play every position and puts in the work rate that Kane does ? He is making an insane number of goals and assists in a defensive setup , imagine the amount of goals he would score with Someone like De Byrne putting them on a plate for him!
It will be a sad day if Kane ever decides he wants to leave Spurs , but he has been loyal and if we can’t match his ambition and he wants to leave at some point then I won’t hold it against him and I just hope it’s for abroad!

The day Harry Kane leaves for a rival premier league team is the day I fall out of love with football and probably Spurs for that matter.
The day he leaves.
Theodore-Roosevelt%27s-diary-the-day-his-wife-and-mother-died,-1884.jpg

If you were Harry Kane, you're 27, you've never won a trophy and Manchester City put a bid in for you, would you want to leave Tottenham?

(Honest answers, please)

If I was Harry Kane and I loved Tottenham - I'd never leave Tottenham.

But it's hard to say. As neither of us are Harry Kane and know what HE wants. Yes, he'd love trophies but maybe he wants to win them here and that's a sacrifice he's willing to make.

Personally, if I played for my boyhood club and got paid 800,000 a month whilst being on a top on the cusp of trophies and I have perhaps 10 years left remaining of my career - I don't really see any reason to leave.

If we treat Kane right, he'll treat us right.

This isn't a Gareth Bale where we sign him at a young age, he does well here and leaves for bigger and better. Because he has affinity to the club.

And I feel this isn't even a Teddy Sheringham case where we eventually sell him to a top English club when we think he's on the decline because we aren't shit like we were then where a top top club who would want him are a MILLION miles ahead of us like United were in 1997.

However, there WAS a club before Harry Kane and there will be when he eventually leaves or retires.

Sorry but I don't understand that.

I supported Tottenham before Kane was born and I won't view the club any differently once he stops playing for us.

I think his point is that Harry Kane IS Spurs.

He's one of us but living the dream. He's a Spurs kid, one of the best strikers in world football, getting paid very handsomely, captain elect and a key player for the club he loves.

Seeing someone like that leave would be different to many who have left before him. Because this is a guy who LOVES the club. Leaving for more money and glory.

Yes, that's football. But it'd be quite heartbreaking.

I think his point is that Harry Kane IS Spurs.

He's one of us but living the dream. He's a Spurs kid, one of the best strikers in world football, getting paid very handsomely, captain elect and a key player for the club he loves.

Seeing someone like that leave would be different to many who have left before him. Because this is a guy who LOVES the club. Leaving for more money and glory.

Yes, that's football. But it'd be quite heartbreaking.

I'm not arguing with that.

I'm saying that I would never view the club I supported differently because a player left.

I'm not arguing with that.

I'm saying that I would never view the club I supported differently because a player left.

Unless you were already on the edge of unfollowing football in general due to what it's become and something like that would tip you over.

Such a stupid few posts.

Bottom line is it's not money.

Kane is part of a team. He could have win honours with us already and has been part of that failure.

What are people suggesting here? That he must go to City, that we must but better players or that we have to guarantee success?

We have a game on Saturday that if we win, puts us back in the mix, a semi-final at home and against a team in the league below us and what should be a relatively easy win against a non-league side in the FA Cup.

If picked he needs to do his bit in each game.

End of for now.

Such a stupid few posts.

Bottom line is it's not money.

If Kane is part of a team. He could have win honours with us already and has been part of that failure.

What are people suggesting here? That he must go to City, that we must but better players or that we have to guarantee success?

We have a game on Saturday that if we win, puts us back in the mix, a semi-final at home and against a team in the league below us and what should be a relatively easy win against a non-league side in the FA Cup.

If picked he needs to do his bit in each game.

End of for now.

So, if you were Kane at the age of 27 and City put a bid in for you.

Would you leave?

So, if you were Kane at the age of 27 and City put a bid in for you.

Would you leave?

I guess it would depend on what I wanted my legacy to be. There are benefits to staying and going.

He is already going to end up as one of the greats in English and PL football, but if he stays and doesn't win or wins only League Cups that will always be brought up when discussing him versus other greats.

If he stays, him being a one club man will also be used as a positive to the kind of person he is, He won't be accused of trophy hunting, and if he does win something significant I think that would be a much bigger feather in his cap than going to win something with a City or RM.

If its me and Jose is staying I would probably go. Pretty clear that with Jose the chances of winning anything more than the League Cup isn't going to happen and that the team isn't going to be built in a way that would help me or the club have success. It will always be relying on Kane being great to create all the chances on his own rather than building a team that is able to create goals through tactics and line-ups.

If they were willing to bring in a manager that would help with my success and give me the chance to win then I would consider staying but Levy would have to sit down and show me how he planned on doing this and make promises to do things differently than he had in the past.

However, there WAS a club before Harry Kane and there will be when he eventually leaves or retires.
I don't think that's the issue. It's that we'd like to send off one of our all time greats with a half decent haul of trophies, and end things on positive note.

I will never truly love the likes of Bale, Sheringham, Keane etc who left on a kind of a sour note. Then there's the sense of regret at sending Jan, Dembele and others off without a trophy to reward them for their service to the club.

Back
Top Bottom