The Final Dash - Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EXACTAMUNDO FONZIE!

Dropping points against (the likes of) Wigan, Norwich & Fulham are needless, careless points to drop REGARDLESS of when in the season it happenes...
the only difference with it happening later in the season, is that it's easier to work out the permutation of just HOW damaging those lost points will prove to be... Fulham at home being the most recent!

I can't have been the ONLY fan to speculate that "we'll pay for that later on" whilst seeing us stumble hopelessly to draws against Norwich/WBA and defeat against Wigan so early on in the season?

I'm not some kind of mythic psychic, I just worked out that points dropped at home to them might cost us later on in the season...

Agree completely, our home form has not been good enough this season. These are the home games that I feel better results should have been gained and may well end up costing us dear:

West Brom (1-1)
Norwich (1-1)
Wigan (0-1)
Stoke (0-0)
Fulham (0-1)

We have cleary not scored enough goals at home, however our away form has been much improved and some fantastic results achieved this season.

The issue really is that opposition teams are treating us like one of the top top sides in the way they set up against us, yet we don't quite have the world class quality of those sides they compare us with. So we're going to get games like those above at home until we FINALLY buy someone beastly to lead the line and a real playmaker in the middle of the park.

Agree completely, our home form has not been good enough this season. These are the home games that I feel better results should have been gained and may well end up costing us dear:

West Brom (1-1)
Norwich (1-1)
Wigan (0-1)
Stoke (0-0)
Fulham (0-1)

We have cleary not scored enough goals at home, however our away form has been much improved and some fantastic results achieved this season.

To have only scored TWO goals at home against those 5 teams is bordering on such a level of criminality that I imagine Operation YewTree will have to look into it at some point!

Imagine beating Stoke and then seeing scum drop points against Wigan. The game against Sunderland could be glorious knowin we'd need to win to finish above them lot, I just can't see it happening though :(

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vert BAE
Holtby
Huddz Dembele
Bale Ade Siggy

Lennon n Defoe as impact subs to stretch field around 60th

That front 5 all technically strong n can work the quick passes and possession oriented attack

No Parker. Spurs need 3 points and have to come out with sammyspurs sammyspurs favorite word-> Urgency

West Brom (1-1)
Norwich (1-1)
Wigan (0-1)
Stoke (0-0)
Fulham (0-1)

Brom and Norwich were at the begining of the season though, and we clearly has some teething problems at the time so can, sort of, be excused. Wigan and Fulham were entirely inexcusable results though.

Just think where we'd be with an extra 12 points now though (3 points clear in 2nd).

Brom and Norwich were at the begining of the season though, and we clearly has some teething problems at the time so can, sort of, be excused. Wigan and Fulham were entirely inexcusable results though.

Just think where we'd be with an extra 12 points now though (3 points clear in 2nd).

I'd settle for an extra 2.

year after year we find ourselves in this position, rueing all the points we let go cheaply. Until we get that killer instinct and finding someone who just scores for fun, things won't change. The thing that really sticks in the craw is that its Le Scum and Chelsea who are involved in this final chase for 4th place, and their arrogance really gets on my t**s!!

Woolwich and Chelscum may have superior goal difference with 20+ goals more, but really, had we scored just one more goal in any of the home draws against Norwich, WBA or Stoke and we'd be in a much healthier position.
:dempsey: :avbcringe: :gomes:

had we scored just one more goal in any of the home draws against Norwich, WBA or Stoke and we'd be in a much healthier position.

West Brom were a decent outfit this season, but I agree with you about Norwich.

So many games we "Should" have won but didnt.
Norwich (H) & (A) - Only took 1 point
Wigan (H) & (A)!! - Only took 1 point of them too!
Everton (A) - 1-0 up with 2 mins to go and we lose...
Fulham (H)

All ifs and buts now, but some of them games when you look back. Wow, they make you think.
Everton away for me is the biggest "What if" game where we should of taken everything.

The thing about the games we lost but should have one is a hypothetical one I'd say the loss to Liverpool away really effected our momentum had we won that I'd be pretty confident that we'd have 4th wrapped up by now, perhaps even if we drew the match.

The thing about the games we lost but should have one is a hypothetical one I'd say the loss to Liverpool away really effected our momentum had we won that I'd be pretty confident that we'd have 4th wrapped up by now, perhaps even if we drew the match.

This is exactly how I feel. We were 2-1 up and Siggy hit the post to make it 3-1 (he could have have cut it back to Defoe for a tap in too) that would have been game over. We all know what happened next. This was the defining moment for me.

But I don't think it's over yet.........................

Stoke will be hard to break down and will likely plan to muscle Bale out of proceedings.

I can see us labouring fruitlessly for 75 mins before Hud thinks "fuck this" and unleashes a thumping thunderbastard from distance to win it.

Saw a goon on Facebook had for a status update all of "come on Stoke!"

At the pub on Wednesday, I saw more gooners in one place than I have in years. They were even in Wanderers shirts. And they cheered loudest after Oscar's header (drowning out even the assembled Chelsea fans).

As a certain mid-level celebrity Spurs blogger might say, "#obsessed"

So I don't mind our picking over their run-in w/ as much detail as we pick over our own. After all, we're forever in their shadow. They're just being pathetic, though.

Seriously… wearing a Woolwich Wanderers shirt to watch Chelsea-Spurs?

To have only scored TWO goals at home against those 5 teams is bordering on such a level of criminality that I imagine Operation YewTree will have to look into it at some point!
And it shows why we are lucky to finish 5th and not unlucky to get 4th

Back
Top Bottom