The Final Dash - Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All our eggs are in Wigan and Newcastle's basket now, sadly!

And we all know how those end for us . . . .

Wigan smashed for 6 few hours after their Wembley adventure in turn 'securing' Newcastle's survival with the Gordies returning the favour by fielding their U16s on final day

:walkerwtf:

The only thing I am hoping for is City to have beaten Wigan after the first ten minutes. Wigan go into their shell and take a hiding without expending too much energy. Then they keep it tight as a ducks arse against the scum on tuesday.

Knowing our luck the final will go to extra time and Wigan will be fucked.

Mmmm Stoke away.
Horrible manager, fans, team, stadium. Hate em'.
Shame they're not teetering on the edge of relegation. Would love to send them down.
It's a must win for us - as simple as that.
I'm glad Woolwich aren't playing before us - if we win we can enjoy it for a while.

Annoyingly, unless Everton do summit on the last day as well, then hoping Villa win won't really help, other than give the Arse an advantage for 3rd!

All our eggs are in Wigan and Newcastle's basket now, sadly!

And what if Chelsea lose both?

Oh, thats right, that will mean also lose both ours!

And what if Chelsea lose both?

Oh, thats right, that will mean also lose both ours!

It's crazy I guess... if we had either Chelsea or ArseAnal's two remaining fixtures (Villa a/Everton h, or Wigan h/Newcastle a) we could find perfectly legitimate reasons why OF COURSE we wouldn't win both... whereas if either of them had our games against (probably safe) Stoke & Sunderland, we'd be bemoaning the fact the fixture list had been kind to allow them to avoid 2 teams fighting for their lives!

...yet somehow, I can see Chelsea/ArseAnal winning them both without even breaking sweat, whereas you just know Stoke will somehow pull out all the stops to 'shove it up us Southern nancy boys' and Sunderland on the last day will be totally relaxed and out to impress Di Facistio!!

Hopefully, ONE of Wigan/Newcastle can take at least 2 points off them... I'm not even daring to think Chelsea won't win one of their remaining games, which of course will put them out of reach with their fucking goal difference! Shame WE couldn't have spanked ANYONE this season at least once... both Arse (Southampton & Newcastle) AND Chelsea (Villa) have hit SOMEONE for 6/7 or 8 this season...
Sometimes, when we win a game, we REALLY need to win it well!
It's an aspect to our game we have been sadly lacking since we tonked Wigan 9-1!!

Aurrrgh football sometimes!!!!

I would play this team...

-------------------Lloris-----------------------
--------Dawson----------Vertonghen---------
Walker---------Huddlestone--------------BAE
---------Holtby--------Dembele/Carroll-------
------------------------------------------------
Bale------------Adebayor----------------Siggy

Shame WE couldn't have spanked ANYONE this season at least once...

Or just took more than 3pts from Stoke, WBA, Norwich, Wigan and Fulham.....AT HOME!

You mentioned once that those early results are proof that the kneejerk argument early in the season is nonsense, and I make you right.

Even if we had drawn the two we lost, it would be in our hands right now.....:avbshock:

EXACTAMUNDO FONZIE!

Dropping points against (the likes of) Wigan, Norwich & Fulham are needless, careless points to drop REGARDLESS of when in the season it happenes...
the only difference with it happening later in the season, is that it's easier to work out the permutation of just HOW damaging those lost points will prove to be... Fulham at home being the most recent!

I can't have been the ONLY fan to speculate that "we'll pay for that later on" whilst seeing us stumble hopelessly to draws against Norwich/WBA and defeat against Wigan so early on in the season?

I'm not some kind of mythic psychic, I just worked out that points dropped at home to them might cost us later on in the season...

This is going to be a close one, praying Adebayor keeps performing like he did last night!

Oh and people talking about Villa and Wigan getting anything, remember Villa lost 8-0 at 'The Bridge'.
Wigan will grab a point at the Emirates at least, why? Because they're Wigan.

It's easy to say, we should have beaten so and so, or we shouldn't have dropped points there. But we did, the brilliant thing about the Premier League is that the lowliest relegation threatened team can beat the teams going for the title. It's unpredictable. We aren't the only ones to have dropped points against the lesser lights of the league. Both Chelsea and City lost to Southampton. The fact is we have had a season of change, a season littered with injuries to key players, and as such at times we haven't been consistent. I prefer to think that if we had got a draw at Woolwich or at home to Chelsea, or beaten United in the snow, then we would be qualified by now. These are the teams we have to take points off. And we can, last nights match could have gone either way. We have looked short of squad players this year, and at times have been playing with VERY tired legs (like against Fulham)

This is going to be a close one, praying Adebayor keeps performing like he did last night!

Oh and people talking about Villa and Wigan getting anything, remember Villa lost 8-0 at 'The Bridge'.
Wigan will grab a point at the Emirates at least, why? Because they're Wigan.
check out Chelsea's record at Villa Park #justsayin

Back
Top Bottom