Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's pretty tiresome. I would never go on another forum and pretend to be a fan!
I have a Liverpool-supporting mate who signed up to Red Cafe and maintained an account, including fairly regular posts, masquerading as a United fan.

Then one day just copied and pasted 'Gary Neville is a Cunt' into every thread.

Sad bastard. Not wrong though.

I think sometimes Son is a bit under rated purely because he is here at the same time as Kane who is also world class , any team would be lucky to have 1 of Son or Kane , to have both is unreal and they both deserve to win something with this club! Please let’s make it happen this season !

And we have 22 rounds to go. :)

Eq1Q2SIXcAEeWnl

That should go for all our players, TBF - why would any Spurs supporter not support any player who is selected? I honestly don't get it.
This is one thing I disagree with you on. Players don't earn our love just for putting on the shirt. Of course you should want them to do well, that seems quite obvious, but real affection and fondness for a player comes organically over time. Happens more quickly with some than others.

I don't think even the most "purist" Mourinho hater on here wants him to fail, cos Mourinho failing is now the same as Spurs failing. On the other hand if a player/manager is perceived as harming the club's prospects rather than helping (for instance Pepe at Woolwich) should they be supported? Don't fans have a right to want a player out of the club?

The other big issue on this website is that people get very emotional over simple tactical observations, or criticism of a player's weaknesses and limitations. You'd be a bit mental to hate Son, but you can certainly point out his weaknesses but a lot people let their emotions get the better of them and start hurling insults.

It's very easy to criticise Doherty, few will disagree. It's more interesting to discuss the leaders and stars of the team.

This is one thing I disagree with you on. Players don't earn our love just for putting on the shirt. Of course you should want them to do well, that seems quite obvious, but real affection and fondness for a player comes organically over time. Happens more quickly with some than others.

I don't think even the most "purist" Mourinho hater on here wants him to fail, cos Mourinho failing is now the same as Spurs failing. On the other hand if a player/manager is perceived as harming the club's prospects rather than helping (for instance Pepe at Woolwich) should they be supported? Don't fans have a right to want a player out of the club?

The other big issue on this website is that people get very emotional over simple tactical observations, or criticism of a player's weaknesses and limitations. You'd be a bit mental to hate Son, but you can certainly point out his weaknesses but a lot people let their emotions get the better of them and start hurling insults.

It's very easy to criticise Doherty, few will disagree. It's more interesting to discuss the leaders and stars of the team.
I dare you to go on the Kane thread and point out his flaws and weaknesses like you do for every other Spurs player. Oh I forgot, it's against your agenda to do that. Idiot.

Another assist from corner kick.
his corners been pretty good ever since he took over that duty.
His kicks curls and carries lots of speed. It always look dangerous.
wish he take direct free kick sometimes.
think he can score few goal if he was given few chances.
Doesn't he take free kick for Korea, sure I have seen him score from one.

I'm not saying you have to love the player, just get behind them if selected.
I don't have a problem with honest, constructive criticism or even getting frustrated at the time with a mistake / bad play.
My issue is with people who have an agenda against an individual, don't give credit when it's due and seem to relish one mistake in an otherwise decent performance, as to prove their point.

I'm not saying you have to love the player, just get behind them if selected.
I don't have a problem with honest, constructive criticism or even getting frustrated at the time with a mistake / bad play.
My issue is with people who have an agenda against an individual, don't give credit when it's due and seem to relish one mistake in an otherwise decent performance, as to prove their point.
I agree, I think that's a bare minimum of being a fan. For as long as a player is given the responsibility to win us some points, you've just got to wish them the best.

Once the game is over though, you've got have a more nuanced discussion. In my view that's what I've been trying to do but, ever since I said Son is a tactically limited player, a number of people here just see red whenever they see my username. They're here to have an argument, and seem to pore over my posts looking for the rebuttal rather than assessing the criticism/praise as a whole. So anything not relevant their view of me doesn't register any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It goes both ways really. KaneIsAble does make good points sometimes and isn't it normal to be a bit delusional when you are a fan of someone? I've seen enough Son fans here doing the same.

At the end,if Son is a "limited" player, so is Kane and if we can't appreciate Kane or Son's football attributes, I don't even know how you guys rate all of our other players...

It goes both ways really. KaneIsAble does make good points sometimes and isn't it normal to be a bit delusional when you are a fan of someone? I've seen enough Son fans here doing the same.

At the end,if Son is a "limited" player, so is Kane and if we can't appreciate Kane or Son's football attributes, I don't even know how you guys rate all of our other players...
is a fanboy plain and simple. Probably supports City or Liverpool. Nothing more to him.
Just resurfaced from being binned but should be sent back to the bin again.

if we can't appreciate Kane or Son's football attributes
I think this is where people get me all wrong. I absolutely love what Son and Kane bring to the team. They may not do everything perfectly, but the things they do well are a joy to watch.

When I say he's a limited player, it doesn't mean he still isn't one of the very best players in the world. I said as much in my original post over a month ago now, but people saw the phrase "limited" and completely blew a fuse and there was no reasoning after that.

It just means that there are tactical problems he can't solve, same as problems Kane can't solve, owing to his lack of agility and pace. Mourinho is using them exactly how they should be used, but when that doesn't work we need a different solution. So I suggested that we either get a ball playing winger in the mould of Pedro Neto, Hazard, Mane etc to complement Son and Kane or Son learns to develop that side of his game.

Also there are different levels of "limited" right? The only thing Kane doesn't have is elite level pace/agility, so you might call him "limited", but otherwise he has no weakness. Kane is physically quite big/strong and can use that in holdup play and headers, he's probably the top 3 passer in the league, Kane is also a rock solid penalty taker. These are not strong areas for Son. Though Son is clearly better at taking set pieces.

I get the delusion aspect of it too, I get quite upset when England fans shit all over Winks and Dier whenever a teamsheet gets released with their names on it. Believe me, I understand.

I think this is where people get me all wrong. I absolutely love what Son and Kane bring to the team. They may not do everything perfectly, but the things they do well are a joy to watch.

When I say he's a limited player, it doesn't mean he still isn't one of the very best players in the world. I said as much in my original post over a month ago now, but people saw the phrase "limited" and completely blew a fuse and there was no reasoning after that.

It just means that there are tactical problems he can't solve, same as problems Kane can't solve, owing to his lack of agility and pace. Mourinho is using them exactly how they should be used, but when that doesn't work we need a different solution. So I suggested that we either get a ball playing winger in the mould of Pedro Neto, Hazard, Mane etc to complement Son and Kane or Son learns to develop that side of his game.

Also there are different levels of "limited" right? The only thing Kane doesn't have is elite level pace/agility, so you might call him "limited", but otherwise he has no weakness. Kane is physically quite big/strong and can use that in holdup play and headers, he's probably the top 3 passer in the league, Kane is also a rock solid penalty taker. These are not strong areas for Son. Though Son is clearly better at taking set pieces.

I get the delusion aspect of it too, I get quite upset when England fans shit all over Winks and Dier whenever a teamsheet gets released with their names on it. Believe me, I understand.
dumb dummy GIF

Back
Top Bottom