Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen nothing in Doherty apart from that assist v West Brom
Always thought when we signed him it wouldn't work because he is a RWB not a RB . Big difference. And I know the original plan was that lobsided back 4 but even when Doherty gets into advanced positions I'm not impressed at all.
Aurier has been good this season apart from that mistake and hopefully he gets his chance again .

I knew it was a bad signing when the few Wolves fans I know were happy to see him go. They said his shooting was good but defense and passing were awful. I took it as bitter fans a player is leaving but now I’m seeing they were telling the truth.

and the countless others since he has been with us. The bloke was an accident waiting to happen until he had some good games this season.

Some fans have wiped all Aurier memories pre August 2020

Why would I care about what Aurier has done in December of 2017 when this season started last year?

We don't do that with ANY other player at all.

Why would I care about what Aurier has done in December of 2017 when this season started last year?

We don't do that with ANY other player at all.
Because it's a bigger sample size, and a better indication of what is likely to happen.

For a while there it seemed he'd finally got his head in gear, but it was only about a half dozen games.

Yea every summer we just completely write off what's been done previously and start with a clean slate.

Lost for words on that comment tbh.

Well, it's a new season... So why judge him on a mistake he made in a different year?

Do we judge Mourinho on his disastrous last season at Man Utd? Do we judge Doherty on his season at Wolves last year?

No. We judge them on this season. Mourinho has been relatively good, some performances aside and Doherty has been a disastrous waste of £16,000,000 - regardless of whether or not he was the 2nd most creative full back in the Prem last season.

We judge them on THIS season.

If Kane had scored 1 goal all season. He'd be having a shit fucking season. It wouldn't be "Oh, don't worry about it though, he scored 53 in one calendar year 3 years back"

Because it's a bigger sample size, and a better indication of what is likely to happen.

For a while there it seemed he'd finally got his head in gear, but it was only about a half dozen games.

He's made 1 brain dead mistake in 11 starts.

I've seen players who start regularly for us this season make more this season alone.

But but he had 7 good games this season

Which is 7 more than Matt Doherty.

Well, it's a new season... So why judge him on a mistake he made in a different year?

Do we judge Mourinho on his disastrous last season at Man Utd? Do we judge Doherty on his season at Wolves last year?

No. We judge them on this season. Mourinho has been relatively good, some performances aside and Doherty has been a disastrous waste of £16,000,000 - regardless of whether or not he was the 2nd most creative full back in the Prem last season.

We judge them on THIS season.

If Kane had scored 1 goal all season. He'd be having a shit fucking season. It wouldn't be "Oh, don't worry about it though, he scored 53 in one calendar year 3 years back"

He's made 1 brain dead mistake in 11 starts.

I've seen players who start regularly for us this season make more this season alone.

Which is 7 more than Matt Doherty.
That he's better than Doherty isn't really something you'll find much disagreement on.

As for Aurier he's been here more than a year. We're not only talking about last season/this season. Him and Davies conspired to absolutely fuck us up in the first leg against Juve. His clown behaviour over the years is well documented.

We bought in Doherty to hopefully allow us to phase him out. Didn't work out that way, but we know who Aurier is by now.

You would have confidence in him turning it around cos hes banged in goals for fun for the past 5/6 years.

If he had no proven track record then you will start to question if he is actually any good.

Aurier has a history of giving away stupid penalties, based off what he has done for us since he joined. This was proven against Leicester.

Kane got slagged off for not scoring in August for a couple of seasons, but we knew (based off previous seasons) that he would turn it around and show what he can do. Which he has.

But previous means nothing i suppose

Back
Top Bottom