Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Sunday 17th Jan, KO: 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Relaxing spurs result. This should be more the norm via these types of opponents. Great to see Jose finally coming around and showing some flexibility with formation and selection. This 4-3-3 worked really well today

Not the best barometer as sheff are absolute cack but certainly a much better performance

Davies and Rodon were excellent

Something is up with Bergwijn, looks completely shot for confidence

Job done
I really think Bergwijn just needs a goal. A good goal, not some deflected tap in or something cheap. Another goal like his one against City or even just a simple banger from the edge of the box and his confidence will be booming.

Fair play to José as well by the way - chose the right system to get the best out of our best players.

Now just do that every week please!

Hate to be 'that guy', but is it pure coincidence that our best performance in months comes when both Sissoko and Winks aren't on the pitch?

Good win!

I know it was only Sheffield but that's the first game in a while I felt like we were passing with a purpose. There were 3-4 sequences where the build up play was excellent up until we got to the final third. Nonetheless, it was nice to see what we've been lacking for what felt like ages.

My guess? Lazy in training (Defoe said he was under Redknapp) thought he could walk into the side and live a happy life away from Madrid on a fat paycheck.

Reality is that he won't get into the side unless he proves himself, Mourinho would be playing him if he thought that he would help us, look at Ndombele, couldn't get a game because he was lazy and since he started working hard Mourinho hasn't dropped him and has sung his praises.

This is why Berg gets in ahead of him because he works his bollocks off for 90 mins.
Listening to transfer window podcast earlier. Thats exactly what theyve heard from insiders. Very lazy in training. No drive to put in extra effort to make the team

I might be in the minority but I’m not too pleased with that performance. The result is fine but save for a moment of brilliance from Tanguy, we’d have had another very nervous ending to a game and probably have conceded late. The players are clearly lacking in confidence and it shows with the uncertainty they play with bar a few of them (Kane, Sonny, Reggy, and Tanguy). There were several counter opportunities wasted because of some dawdling in midfield, PEH and Bergwijn the main culprits. Hopefully the players are up for Liverpool because a performance like this against them will not do.
Agree, I think people get too easily blinded by the result.

Mourinho set us up negative for the 2nd half again, again we started slowly on the back foot and they got the goal, luckily for us this time Ndombele popped up with a bit of magic. Otherwise that last 30 would have been nervy and we probably would have folded again.

I think Jose is managing like he is frightened to death at the minute and its translating to the players, I mean all this "lock the door" bollox he was heard shouting when we got the 3rd. Just fucking carry on and score for fun. They were shit and we could have helped ourselves to more.

And somebody please tell me wtf those two subs in stoppage time were all about...

Against a better team today would have been the same old story.

Back
Top Bottom