Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Sunday 17th Jan, KO: 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 at the back and only hojbjerg as the only cdm defo the way to go against them sort of sides
Pierre played a bit conservatively in defence today. But apparently he would have missed the Liverpool game if he got a card so that makes sense.

So the next time we try this he may play with a bit more "Passhun" in defence. Which will only add to the fun.

Next time we dont win can we stop with the squad isnt good enough crap. We have some incredible players, Kane, Son, Lloris, Requilion, Ndomebele, Lo Celso, Hojberg with others like Bergwijn not far behind. Its about utilising them properly and playing to their strengths.

But Berg and Lucas can’t pass or shoot...perhaps we could get them to piggy back Bale to make one complete player?

Lucas yes, he’s shite.

But Berg got a great assist today and complements the team well. He’s young, he’s quick and he’s technical. Bale is 31 years old and doesn’t play with hunger anymore. He doesn’t even have much of a shot on him anymore.

Is it a great surprise that he finds himself in the same situation he did at Madrid? Remember, he was sent away for a reason.

Lloris - fine
Aurier - decent and well taken goal
Rodon - not the strongest test but looks a pl player at the very least. Not much wrong at all
Dier - decent enough but maybe couldve done better with the goal
Davies - definitely couldve done better with the goal
Reggie - pace, dribbling and crossing all great. Passing still not fantastic but love having him as a wing back
Ndombele - motm, insane goal
Hojbjerg - a bit looser than usual but still vital
Bergwijn - good today, decent assist which will hopefully give him confidence
Son - unlucky not to score
Kane - great goal but should have scored more

But Berg and Lucas can’t pass or shoot...perhaps we could get them to piggy back Bale to make one complete player?
Berg can do both just not close to the level of Kane or Son. He’s still a solid option at RW. But I def like to see some rotation between him and Bale. Lucas is the one who should only be coming on when spurs are up and they need him to track back

Lloris - fine
Aurier - decent and well taken goal
Rodon - not the strongest test but looks a pl player at the very least. Not much wrong at all
Dier - decent enough but maybe couldve done better with the goal
Davies - definitely couldve done better with the goal
Reggie - pace, dribbling and crossing all great. Passing still not fantastic but love having him as a wing back
Ndombele - motm, insane goal
Hojbjerg - a bit looser than usual but still vital
Bergwijn - good today, decent assist which will hopefully give him confidence
Son - unlucky not to score
Kane - great goal but should have scored more
Perfect recap. X Son maybe who was below par for me. He was unlucky for sure and did get an assist on the CK. His passing was poor which was the negative.

A good, compounding second half performance should, hopefully,put the rumours about Jose's position to bed for the time being.

Real test will be our next match I think.
I think this will be the thing with jose. runs of good form & bad form with not much in between.
Rather than win, lose, draw, draw, win, win, lose, draw, draw, win.

Berg can do both just not close to the level of Kane or Son. He’s still a solid option at RW. But I def like to see some rotation between him and Bale. Lucas is the one who should only be coming on when spurs are up and they need him to track back
There was one moment that summed it all up when he got the ball, threaded through a couple of players and then passed it straight to their CM. Hopefully, as I think most will say, it will come with time - just so frustrating at times.

How many fucking times are we going to sit back and let teams in? WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN.
We got away with it with ndombele worldie & sheffield united being so bad. But obviously this is why we drop points to the better teams. We are good enough to do better. Just need to get all the pieces in the right places.

Last edited:
Comfortable win never looked in question bar maybe our customary second half malaise for a spell. Tanguy exceptional, goal was ridiculous. Like him a bit deeper, gets far more involved and put a shift in defensively. Think at times playing higher he isn't fed the ball enough. Rodon put in a promising shift also. COYS.

Sheffield United are shite, they are not in a false position.

Happy we won and got the 3 points today. I shouldn’t say any results are expected these days.

Never really got out of 2nd gear but I wonder if we could if we needed to today. Son for some reason isn’t as in synch with the others in the recent games. If Son scored instead of hitting the post, I think we could have run riot on them in those early stages of the game.

Solid all around game for all players. PEH was a bit tentative and constantly passing backwards instead of forward. Tanguy had a great game. Defense looked ok. Dier is continuing to show he also has lapse of judgement with balls in the air. Rodon did ok and didn’t do much bad for himself. Reggie was very direct in the first half and his plays forward was pushing our plays further forward into opponents half.

We’re not quite in synch in the final 3rd.

There was one moment that summed it all up when he got the ball, threaded through a couple of players and then passed it straight to their CM. Hopefully, as I think most will say, it will come with time - just so frustrating at times.
Berg is def frustrating but there is talent there for sure. He’s only 23 so I’m very hopefully he will develop into a top shelf talent.

Back
Top Bottom