Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He annoyed me immensely for nearly a year, and is a fragile little dweeb, but if he and the club want this, and Jose can do an Ndombele on him, then fuck it, why not.

At his best, regularly, we could actually win the league

Absolute wimpy fairy cake that over the last couple of years has been found out big time. Gave up trying and was a passenger in the end.

Modric went on strike to try and force a move to fucking Chelsea.

Da fuq? I'll never understand how some people have knighted the rat faced bastard as some sort of "bled for the club" yid. Biggest cunt of the lot of them, and if he'd been successful he'd be tantamount to Judas.

Hmm. Yes and no.

He was dead to me as soon as he tried to angle a move to Chelsea. He really was a rodent.

But I begrudgingly acknowledge that he followed this with his best season in a Spurs shirt. Arguably a season-long audition for Real, but he certainly earned his wages that season.

Hmm. Yes and no.

He was dead to me as soon as he tried to angle a move to Chelsea. He really was a rodent.

But I begrudgingly acknowledge that he followed this with his best season in a Spurs shirt. Arguably a season-long audition for Real, but he certainly earned his wages that season.
Once the window closed and he started playing again, that is. He refused to play matches because he wanted to join the blue scum, that's really only surpassed by Judas in recent history.

I honestly don't think Eriksen downed tools at Spurs. His form at Inter would lend support to the assertion that he's just not that good anymore. Between his obvious decline, and just the general malaise of a squad that seemed utterly broken with disappointment after a long and frustratingly fruitless run with Poch, I think Eriksen just had a really shit season. I don't think anyone angling for a glamorous transfer to one of the continent's top clubs would have intentionally played shit...that idea from some supporters is just absurd.

If I have to watch him sulkily jog around and bottle tackles again in our shirt, I’ll lose my shit.

Maybe the most overrated player in the history of the club.

Eriksen was actually pretty average when he first came. Didn't pull up trees at all.
He then imrpoved quite a lot but then he started to dip again.
And it was a steady decline, one that seemed irretrievable by the time he entered his last half a season.

I don't care how good he was at his best, he is so poor now I would go as far as to say he'd struggle to get game time at any top half premier league team now.

We don't need passengers who can pass. We need fight. We need fire.
He is a wet fish and I never want to see the bad performances he put in for us ever again.

If I have to watch him sulkily jog around and bottle tackles again in our shirt, I’ll lose my shit.

Maybe the most overrated player in the history of the club.

This is what the stattos miss. He racked up 10k a game by leisurly jogging around the centre circle. 10k in 90 minutes is nothing at a canter like he did. Other players covered less distance but they were hounding down loose balls going for 50/50s

He also compared well to a lot of his peers in the league simply because he would play every minute of every game and had Kane scoring for fun off him. There was a period where Kane could have throws a slice of bread over his should and it would have landed in a toaster ffs.
Eriksen never really had injurt problems because he never put himself on the line.
Players like Hazzard and KDB could and did carry Chelsea and City at times.

Not sure why you chose to be so hostile with your argument. You could have easily made the point without being a dick. Pointing out stats on Eriksen gives context, not all context but it does give some. People were saying how shit Eriksen was, the stats point that even while playing terrible he did provide goals and assists. Obviously putting players under a different manager with different teammates and tactics will change things, everyone understands that.

But people have been crying out all season for a playmaker in our team. GLC is not it. He's a midfield Lamela imo and will not solve our playmaking issues. Ndombele is doing it on his own but if we have a chance to take Eriksen back for cheap and have no other options in the window, why not take a punt for him?

Clearly not everyone understands that though. I also wasn't being particularly hostile, just pointing out that my biggest dislike about discussing football is having people use stats just to fit their agenda and Eriksen's distance covered stats prove this.

Let's look at this very simplistically. Vertonghen passes the ball a few yards to Son who runs the length of the pitch and scores. What exactly does this assist prove? Is Jan now creative? Almost every stat is meaningless without context, of which there was none in the post I quoted.

As I said, I wasn't particularly comparing GLC with Eriksen, just stating that if you're going to, you should at least do so on the fairest terms possible.

This is what the stattos miss. He racked up 10k a game by leisurly jogging around the centre circle. 10k in 90 minutes is nothing at a canter like he did. Other players covered less distance but they were hounding down loose balls going for 50/50s

He also compared well to a lot of his peers in the league simply because he would play every minute of every game and had Kane scoring for fun off him. There was a period where Kane could have throws a slice of bread over his should and it would have landed in a toaster ffs.
Eriksen never really had injurt problems because he never put himself on the line.

Always went missing in big games too.

The difference is the whole squad was collapsing during Eriksen's final months. Should we have sold Toby, Kane, Dele, Lloris, and Son too? They all played like shit leading to Poch's sacking. You can't just pick out Eriksen as the only one who fell off a cliff after the final.
This makes no sense. I am comparing Eriksen to Bale and Modric, both of whom gave their full in their final season. Eriksen did not. It's nothing to do with form, it's to do with effort.

Modric went on strike to try and force a move to fucking Chelsea.

Da fuq? I'll never understand how some people have knighted the rat faced bastard as some sort of "bled for the club" yid. Biggest cunt of the lot of them, and if he'd been successful he'd be tantamount to Judas.
No way. At least he didn't tip toe about like eriksen leaving a contract on the table leaving the fans and club in limbo about what he was doing until it was too late. He stated he wanted to go he wasn't aloud too then scored a screamer vs liverpool on the opening day I believe. He gave 100% when he played in that last season you can't say the same about eriksen.

No way. At least he didn't tip toe about like eriksen leaving a contract on the table leaving the fans and club in limbo about what he was doing until it was too late. He stated he wanted to go he wasn't aloud too then scored a screamer vs liverpool on the opening day I believe. He gave 100% when he played in that last season you can't say the same about eriksen.
Eriksen turned down opportunities to sign contract extensions offering increased wages for years...anyone fooled about his intentions were fooling themselves.

If Mourinho wants him fair enough but I dont want him at all

Gave us his best years and fair play but when you leave the club your dead to me, hope he joins Sheffield United

If Mourinho wants him I struggle to believe he saw the terrible performances he put in.
Or he's going for the squad depth tactic of stockpiling as many players as possible.

Last edited:
Eriksen turned down opportunities to sign contract extensions offering increased wages for years...anyone fooled about his intentions were fooling themselves.
Plenty of players negotiate and talk and still sign. Look at aubameyang he still signed but he was still performing for the scum while all that was going on also.

Plenty of players negotiate and talk and still sign. Look at aubameyang he still signed but he was still performing for the scum while all that was going on also.
Eriksen wasn't negotiating. He signed an extension in 2016. He then turned down offers in 2017, 2018, and 2019 while other players of arguably lesser importance were passing him up in the wage table. Again, the only people who were fooled were fooling themselves.

Levy wasn't one, nor was Poch. They just considered his contribution towards a trophy push more valuable than what they could sell him for. It was a roll of the dice, we lost, but we didn't get our pants pulled down. He literally said when he came over from Ajax that he had no intentions of spending his career in one place.

This makes no sense. I am comparing Eriksen to Bale and Modric, both of whom gave their full in their final season. Eriksen did not. It's nothing to do with form, it's to do with effort.
I disagree. I saw the same effort until the end. Just when rumors of him wanting out came, people started picking apart everything he did.
He puts more effort in then Bale does now.

10k in 90 minutes is three times the world record. So, hardly achievable by “cantering around the centre circle”. I assume you are exaggerating for comic purposes?

And speaking for the stattos, those of us who like goals, assists and stuff like that and don’t need every player to be flying into tackles all game, in his seven years at Spurs he was:

The player who created most chances in the league.

The player with most assists in the league.

The player with most goals from free kicks.

The player with most goals from outside the box.

Scored 51 times and assisted 62.

For a guy who jogged around, shirked responsibility and went in the huff all the time, that’s not too shabby. Boots the arse of KDB, Hazard, etc.

Eriksen wasn't negotiating. He signed an extension in 2016. He then turned down offers in 2017, 2018, and 2019 while other players of arguably lesser importance were passing him up in the wage table. Again, the only people who were fooled were fooling themselves.

Levy wasn't one, nor was Poch. They just considered his contribution towards a trophy push more valuable than what they could sell him for. It was a roll of the dice, we lost, but we didn't get our pants pulled down. He literally said when he came over from Ajax that he had no intentions of spending his career in one place.
The majority of this is fair enough. Hazard literally single handedly won chelsea the Europa because he was determined to leave chelsea on a high while Eriksen was sulking Madrid didn't come in for him and was piss poor in the champions league final. He got his wish to go fair enough now he wants to trundle back with his tail between his legs after all of that. No thank you he's had his time here time I think it's a backward step considering his form over the last 2 and a half years and the wages he would be asking for(which was on the table for him to sign for 3 years that he refused)and think we would be best of investing time and money in a fresher younger up and coming player.

Back
Top Bottom