Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
yagMdjc.png

Subs: Hart, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Aurier, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas

Kane or not we should be winning this game. Bergwijn needs to step up, and we could do with seeing a surprise Dele involvement. Interested to see what he goes with.

What mental fragility will we be exposed to today?

When struggling, Mourinho and the lack of mental strength of our players is a dangerous mix.

At least I can enjoy most of Sunday.

Fraudsters.

I think out all the wide players we have Lucas probably deserves to pay. He was the only who beat a man against Wycombe..if he plays at least we will have one player who will look to use his pace to go past a player. This will give us an alternative to the hoof ball we are likely to deploy. Admittedly not ideal but I think he is probably ahead of lamela, bale and berg who has regressed. He doesn’t even use his pace any more or stay wide. No goals at all this season yet he has played how many gamers? Not good enough even if he is asked to play as an auxiliary FB. If he has to play then keep him up top and stay wide to run on to through balls. May be we should just for pace up top today hit balls from either midfield or the back of to y is playing. Son, berg and Lucas enough pace there to take on dunk and co., I would be tempted to play dele as well behind then to may slide through balls for them to run on to. PEH and ndombele in CM. Defence, well not going to make too much difference who play but I’d like to Toby and Rodon start. Dier needs to be benched for a few games to give him a kick up the back side.

People expecting this to be a walk in the park or anything remotely close to it will be in for a rude awakening. We’re missing Kane and Reguilon, very important pieces to our attacking play. I expect Brighton to put in a proper shift and we’ll contribute to it by gifting them the possession. A 1-1 draw looks likely considering that neither team is scoring for fun or good enough to keep a clean sheet.

Fifa21 had us drawing 2-2 . It was one of those games where nothing worked, we had no space at all . No players seemed up for it 😞

I’ve handed in my resignation

Can anyone remember what it was like to look forward to a game? 2 years ago I’d have been upset with a Sunday evening kick off. Now I’m just glad it gives me time to do the shopping, walk the dog and cook dinner. And not have too long to stew over the performance before bed.

We’re playing Brighton. Surely we can be brave enough to play possession based footy? Put them under the kosh from the off. And keep them there.

I’d really like to be a bit less invested so I could take or leave watching a match. But even when we’re putting on an absolute shit show I can’t switch it off until the final whistle blows. (Or leave the ground if we’re EVER allowed back in)

I think I may need snowkarl snowkarl ’s professional help.
Nice post. The only thing with the ‘not too long to stew before bed’ part is that, for me, if we play late and are crap, it takes me ages to sleep due to the rage. I’m hopelessly lost in this club. Surely our time will come.

:vdvcry:

Back
Top Bottom