Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
I agree, if Jose starts fucking Lucas or Lamela instead of Vinicius, I’m going to lose it. Striker for striker. Give the lad a chance, what else have we got to lose ? My guessing is he will play Son upfront with Lucas and Bergwijn either side. Won’t bother watching if he does this.

Just don't see the need to take our most prolific player (available) and play him out of position. I cannot see any sense in it when we have a forward who looks decent holding the ball up.

But we both know Son is leading line in this one.

Just don't see the need to take our most prolific player (available) and play him out of position. I cannot see any sense in it when we have a forward who looks decent holding the ball up.

But we both know Son is leading line in this one.

No doubt and he will play Bergwijn and Lucas either side who are the most ineffective players on the planet. I will be so pissed off If he doesn’t play Vinicius.

I'd go with something like:

Lloris
Tanganga - Toby - Rodon - Davies
Ndombele - Winks - Hojbjerg
Bergwijn - Vinicius - Son

Haven't a clue what he goes with, could see any of Bale, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, Lucas, Lamela and Sissoko starting. No clue what formation he goes with. Still pretty optimistic we can beat Brighton and West Brom, less so Chelsea.

Hopefully he uses Vinicius. Probably not a player worth €40m, but has a bit about him, plays as an actual center forward, brings others into play a bit and allows Son to play from the left which is where most of our good chances are created. Also worth noting that Vinicius hasn't had a chance to play with the first XI much, deserves a chance to show his worth with a league start imo.

I agree, if Jose starts fucking Lucas or Lamela instead of Vinicius, I’m going to lose it. Striker for striker. Give the lad a chance, what else have we got to lose ? My guessing is he will play Son upfront with Lucas and Bergwijn either side. Won’t bother watching if he does this.
It is weird, every time I have seen him he has looked decent. It is not like he is a complete unknown, he has already proved himself in my opinion.

Son, by his own high standards, has been poor in recent weeks. Maybe leading the line will do him some good. I expect a decent response and performance. Could be lining myself up for misery but we have quality... it just needs to be allowed to show.

Think I might cry if I see that backline

Doherty/Dier again after Thursday's shit-show...
Yeah, I know what you mean.

It's not my preferred line up , well, it's more half preferred, half thinking what it will be.

I don't think Aurier will play if it's true that he walked out at half time.
Toby, fuck knows what's going on there, but Jose hasn't played him in ages.
So, the defence is what I expect, not my preference

As to the forwards, I'm expecting Sonny to be pushed up top and Lucas coming in.
I can't see Vinicious and Bale starting, although I wish they would.

Assuming Aurier is a non starter but for how long. If he is not on the bench then assume it will be longer. Doherty was injured and can he play this match and Chelsea? Son has played successfully up front in Poch's day when he failed to play our back up striker. I think it would be a mistake for this match and would play Vinny but depending how it goes as to whether it continues. I would play Bale after his efforts last week but will that rule him out for Chelsea? I favour Winks over sissoko when playing the so called weaker teams but would play Sissoko v Chelsea. I think we are entering a period of no A & B team but a mixture depending on fitness. We play on 31st January and 8 times in February which is a lot.
Best Guess is the following which has been suggested earlier
Lloris
Doherty Rodon Toby Davies
Winks Hojbjerg
Bale Ndombele Son
Vinny
This fixture was one of our worst performances and results last season and we need a better outcome this season.

Would like to see this:

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rodon
Bergwijn - Sissoko - Hojbjerg - Ndombele - Davies
Vinicius - Son
Sissoko drops in to right back when defending just as a body in there, Bergwijn runs up and down the right side to help out when needed so not quite a right wing back as the formation looks on paper but he'll spend more of the game wide right as opposed to more centrally. Alderweireld can also fill out there to then look for the diaganol over the top for Son.

That team hadn't scored a PL goal in 8+ hours until Thursday, losing 1-0 at home to Burnley last weekend.

And the goals they did score weren't from their brilliance they were from an absolute defensive shit show, individual errors that you would see on a Sunday afternoon watching the Dog & Duck vs. the Green Man, also we lost because of the piss poor negative selection by Jose and because we are mentally weak.

Same reason we can never get over the line, every time a team puts a bit of pressure on us we fold. See countless games this season.

But you're welcome to remain in lala land if that's where you are comfortable.

Any positive reaction we show against Brighton will only be undone the next time a team puts pressure on us, probably Chelsea next week. So couldn't give a fuck if we bounce back against Brighton its expected we beat them and we have better players than them. I want to know when we are going to grow a spine and win a big game when it matters, when the chips are down.

And that's not melting or doom or gloom that's just cold hard logic as I'm tired of the same record on fucking repeat with this club.
So we agree I'm a positive guy and you're a negative guy, okey doke :mourthumb:

So we agree I'm a positive guy and you're a negative guy, okey doke :mourthumb:
meaningless statement, being an optimist or a negative person has no bearing on reality. The reality is we bottle big games and will continue to bottle big games, as that's what we do.

A few wins against fodder and I've no doubt the optimists will re-open the Can we win the title thread. Until the next time it's a must win situation and we shit our collective kecks again.

meaningless statement, being an optimist or a negative person has no bearing on reality. The reality is we bottle big games and will continue to bottle big games, as that's what we do.

A few wins against fodder and I've no doubt the optimists will re-open the Can we win the title thread. Until the next time it's a must win situation and we shit our collective kecks again.
If being a Spurs supporter puts you in such a dour disposition , why do you bother reading forums or supporting a team? surely there must be something out there that makes you smile

If being a Spurs supporter puts you in such a dour disposition , why do you bother reading forums or supporting a team? surely there must be something out there that makes you smile
For the same irrational reasons that make you blindly hope.
For the same reasons I occasionally buy a euro millions ticket when I'm in the garage knowing I've more chance statistically of being eaten by a moose on the forecourt than winning it.

People aren't rational

For the same irrational reasons that make you blindly hope.
For the same reasons I occasionally buy a euro millions ticket when I'm in the garage knowing I've more chance statistically of being eaten by a moose on the forecourt than winning it.

People aren't rational
My mate Paul won 9 million ,so it can happen and funny enough he got his ticket when he was getting petrol, keep the faith , keep smiling

My mate Paul won 9 million ,so it can happen and funny enough he got his ticket when he was getting petrol, keep the faith , keep smiling
So Spurs is a religious experience for you?
You have unfettered, unshakable faith, regardless of all previous evidence pointing to the fact that it's in the clubs DNA to fail?

Well can't argue with that, as long as you realise your position isn't rational.

So Spurs is a religious experience for you?
You have unfettered, unshakable faith, regardless of all previous evidence pointing to the fact that it's in the clubs DNA to fail?

Well can't argue with that, as long as you realise your position isn't rational.
Being happy is rational, try it sometimes,
I also realise that Spurs will win, lose and draw at any occasion and I can do nothing about it, thats rational too.
You have no influence in any game ,all you can do is support.

Probably the same amount of forum members that have melted and spouted doom and gloom because we got ironed out by the team that won the Champions League and the Premier League consecutively, but I stand by my post, I do expect a massive reaction
...and who lost at home against Burnley, and have struggled in recent weeks against (amongst others) Fulham (though, haven't we all?)

Why aren't we allowed to be disappointed by losing at home to a team, just cos they've won stuff in recent years...?

If that were the case, then everyone onwards from Wanderers in 1872 (other than The Royal Engineers may as well not bothered with the FA Cup!

Likewise, why did anyone even think of challenging Preston North End for subsequent league titles, seeing as they'd won the first two?!

Just cos a team does well one year, doesn't mean we're not allowed to challenge them the next! (Or be disappointed when we DON'T!)

...and if that IS the case, then why are we dropping points against teams we beat LAST season? It's cos football doesn't work like that!

I'd wager there are plenty of Drug takers, drunks and gamblers who don't really ENJOY the drugs/drinks they are consuming or bets they are making.... yet come back day after day for more.

Like it or not, Football support (and not just spurs) is an addictive drug who just won't let you go!

You try to justify its existence in your life, but deep down, you know it's futile, and won't really change much... save for the occasional genuine high that keeps you coming back in the hope of more.

Back
Top Bottom