Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, I know what you mean.

It's not my preferred line up , well, it's more half preferred, half thinking what it will be.

I don't think Aurier will play if it's true that he walked out at half time.
Toby, fuck knows what's going on there, but Jose hasn't played him in ages.
So, the defence is what I expect, not my preference

As to the forwards, I'm expecting Sonny to be pushed up top and Lucas coming in.
I can't see Vinicious and Bale starting, although I wish they would.
If he doesn't start Vinicius then there's no point in signing him
We were told he was Mourinho's first choice signing..
He's proven that yes he isn't Harry Kane but he's a good quality ST and he's a real number 9. We need to play with a real number 9 especially with Jose's crappy football.

Bale should probably start but god knows whats happening with him

Blatantly not happening but

Lloris
Aurier (dont care if he fucked off at half time) / Dier / Rodon / Davies
Sissoko / Hojbjerg / N'Dombele
Bale / Vinicius / Son

If Bale is fit enough to play every Europa game and every cup game, hes fit enough to play in the PL, hes a professional footballer for fucks sake on a bazillion quid a year

Blatantly not happening but

Lloris
Aurier (dont care if he fucked off at half time) / Dier / Rodon / Davies
Sissoko / Hojbjerg / N'Dombele
Bale / Vinicius / Son
Dier no way he deserves another chance. He needs benching to take him out of the undroppable mode he probably thinks his in. No point having a squad of you don’t give others a chance when the play in possesion of the shirt is playing crap.

There is also a problem with Son upfront on his own. It has never really worked, has it? Since the Poch era, it just doesnt really work out. His runs through the middle are never as effective as those on the wings. May work against teams with a high defending line, but I'm pretty sure Brighton will play a deep block with a packed midfield. Everyone knows we are shit playing through the middle.

Lloris
Doherty Rodon Alderweireld Davies
Hojbjerg Sissoko
Bergwijn Ndombele Son
Vinicius
It’s worked brilliantly before

I get the feeling José sees Son as a forward so is likely to play him up top instead of Vinicius. I don't mind that idea too much as it's worked before, but Son is a little off form so I hope that if it's not working out Mourinho makes a change early enough to give Vinicius a fair chance.

I'm hoping we see Rodon and Toby at the back for this one. I think Rodon has done pretty well so far aside from his mistake on Thursday. Toby is still our best CB despite his loss of pace so they should be a decent partnership.

Can anyone remember what it was like to look forward to a game? 2 years ago I’d have been upset with a Sunday evening kick off. Now I’m just glad it gives me time to do the shopping, walk the dog and cook dinner. And not have too long to stew over the performance before bed.

We’re playing Brighton. Surely we can be brave enough to play possession based footy? Put them under the kosh from the off. And keep them there.

I’d really like to be a bit less invested so I could take or leave watching a match. But even when we’re putting on an absolute shit show I can’t switch it off until the final whistle blows. (Or leave the ground if we’re EVER allowed back in)

I think I may need snowkarl snowkarl ’s professional help.

Last edited:
---------------------lloris-------------------------
doherty-----rodon----toby---------davies
-----------hojbjerg----ndom-----------------
----lamela--------bale---------son
-----------------vinnie-----------------

would like to see that given a try against brighton. time for vinnie and bale to get involved and add some weight to this squad as we now need them

Our one and only tactic of Kane dropping deep and clipping a ball in behind for son to run on to is now gone

Repeat of last season , 3 nil Brighton

would like to see that given a try against brighton. time for vinnie and bale to get involved and add some weight to this squad as we now need them

I would replace Lamela with Bergwijn but other than that I think that is what I would like to see.

Bale in the middle reduces the amount he should have to run and he does have the passing ability and smarts to potential set things up from there. If he is as lazy/immobile as he has been that does potential leave us a bit vulnerable in the middle but hopefully PEH can clean a lot of that up.

We are going to have to try to get something more from our midfield and Winks/Sissoko/Lamela/Moura don't offer us anything in that regard. Bale might not either but he by far has the most chance to do so, so worth trying it out especially against Brighton. It it isn't working Jose can always bring on Winks or Sissoko in the 2nd half to try and eke out a 0-0 draw.

*IF* Vinnie gets the nod he needs to be more aware of the last man. Far too often he was culpable of drifting offside against Wycombe. Personally speaking it became quite frustrating to watch.

Expect these to get the ball wide with March attacking our weak point Doherty, so could see Sissoko on to cover there.
Fully expect to see the team below;

Lloris
Doherty Rodon Toby Davies
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Lucas Ndombele Bergwijn
Son

Then when chasing the game, bring on Winks for 30 minutes, Tanganga for 25, then Bale for injury time.

Brighton haven't won at home so far this season, which worries me a lot more than it probably should.

Christ, don't think I've ever felt less enthused about a match. Can see a turgid draw written all over this one. Would be refreshing to see us play some fucking football and create more than two or three chances...

Back
Top Bottom