Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
As Woody Allen sort of said, if you want to see god laugh, make a football prediction.

That said, here's mine for Sunday: 98% of those saying they are "done", that they won't bother watching, will in fact watch

If winks plays and we lose feck it’s gonna be a long few days til thursday if the start of this is anything to go by.

There is also a problem with Son upfront on his own. It has never really worked, has it? Since the Poch era, it just doesnt really work out. His runs through the middle are never as effective as those on the wings. May work against teams with a high defending line, but I'm pretty sure Brighton will play a deep block with a packed midfield. Everyone knows we are shit playing through the middle.

Lloris
Doherty Rodon Alderweireld Davies
Hojbjerg Sissoko
Bergwijn Ndombele Son
Vinicius

There is also a problem with Son upfront on his own. It has never really worked, has it? Since the Poch era, it just doesnt really work out. His runs through the middle are never as effective as those on the wings. May work against teams with a high defending line, but I'm pretty sure Brighton will play a deep block with a packed midfield. Everyone knows we are shit playing through the middle.

Lloris
Hojbjerg Sissoko
Bergwijn Ndombele Son
Vinicius
Son has also been poor of late shooting is off and absent in game's, he goes through periods like this then explodes again with goals.

In coming 3 points for Brighton I feel, no clean sheet to see here folks.
My mate put on a bet for me on-line I don’t do that.....keep things low profile.......
51-ABC527-ED81-4-C76-A76-D-DFF71-EA8-EAA5.gif

3-1 to the mighty Tottingham Hitspur 18/1........
free money......

B24-DD01-A-CB8-E-4-C6-B-8-AB1-87-FCF14-AD870.gif

Lloris
Hojbjerg Sissoko
Bergwijn Ndombele Son
Vinicius

Son up front has almost always worked. Of course we don't play in the same way but he always delivers goals and it hasn't really affected results. It worked to such a degree that I believe until the freak injuries last season, our win record with and without Kane was more or less the same.

I'd like to see Vinicius up front in this game because I think Son always plays better starting from wide, but if he plays down the middle he will score goals. He always does. Question is how we make chances for him when his main creator is missing. I don't think putting Sissoko in and shoving Ndombele forward is the answer, we will not be able to get Ndombele on the ball often enough if we do that. Sissoko will not be able to find him through Brighton's pressure.

Last edited:
Every time I watch Brighton it's like watching Brazil until the important bit , somehow they manage to miss 5 Thats FIVE, clear cut chances per game , Every game on average! Those stats are mental for a team so close to the bottom 3 .

Luckily for everyone else in the league Brightons strikers are allergic to scoring , even with that in mind I think this one is going to end up a high scoring draw , so probably have a few Bob on Dunk scoring unmarked from a corner .

Probably the same amount of forum members that have melted and spouted doom and gloom because we got ironed out by the team that won the Champions League and the Premier League consecutively, but I stand by my post, I do expect a massive reaction
That team hadn't scored a PL goal in 8+ hours until Thursday, losing 1-0 at home to Burnley last weekend.

And the goals they did score weren't from their brilliance they were from an absolute defensive shit show, individual errors that you would see on a Sunday afternoon watching the Dog & Duck vs. the Green Man, also we lost because of the piss poor negative selection by Jose and because we are mentally weak.

Same reason we can never get over the line, every time a team puts a bit of pressure on us we fold. See countless games this season.

But you're welcome to remain in lala land if that's where you are comfortable.

Any positive reaction we show against Brighton will only be undone the next time a team puts pressure on us, probably Chelsea next week. So couldn't give a fuck if we bounce back against Brighton its expected we beat them and we have better players than them. I want to know when we are going to grow a spine and win a big game when it matters, when the chips are down.

And that's not melting or doom or gloom that's just cold hard logic as I'm tired of the same record on fucking repeat with this club.

I would like to see Dele, but we won't of course.

So I'd go with this midfield and striker

Hojbjerg Ndombele
Lucas Bale Son
Vinicius

That'll be an interesting line up. Brighton will have more of the ball, but I think this line up is suitable for counter attacks if you can get the into Vinicius and play off him. Speed in the wide areas, and Bale in the free role.

It will require a lot of defensive work from Hojbjerg and Ndombele though.

I agree, if Jose starts fucking Lucas or Lamela instead of Vinicius, I’m going to lose it. Striker for striker. Give the lad a chance, what else have we got to lose ? My guessing is he will play Son upfront with Lucas and Bergwijn either side. Won’t bother watching if he does this.

Back
Top Bottom