Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
What are seeing that makes you think we can win stuff under this manager?
What has Jose ever done that makes you think he can be successful against a good 4/5 richer clubs?
Won stuff everywhere he’s been.

A couple of seasons ago, the debate on here was did we have enough proven winners in the team. Then we got loads of pictures of Jan with the Dutch league title, etc. But we seemed to be lacking those players who had been there and done it. “Proven winners”.

If Jose is nothing else, he’s a proven winner. He may not be. He may be past it. That remains to be seen. But I’m going to give someone with his unbelievable track record more time to prove he isn’t past it.

As for who has done it over four or five richer clubs, we are really down to Claudio Ranieri standing alone with a stupid grin on his face, holding a bottle of PEDs. And I’d rather not see him pitch up at Spurs thank you.

There may be a long line of managers who have done it over four or five richer clubs, but I’m coming up a blank. The richest clubs tend to always win.

LOL

"He's won everywhere he's gone"

Nevermind the fact he has been shit for us for over a year and half now he won at Inter and Porto, that guarantees trophies in 2021 for Spurs!

100% correct. There’s no coaching going on. Every manager says so. Purely recovery work and nothing else. That’s why we need to just get through this season and accept it’s going to have elements of clusterfuckery to it.
I"m sorry, but this is just denial. We weren't any better than this before lockdown. He then had a mini pre season before project restart and we were abject again, we had a run of 3 wins on the spin that glossed over the rancid performances against Sheff Utd, Everton, Bournemouth & Palace. Another pre season and yet again we looked unfit and un coached against Everton first day. We then have a mini bounce on the back of some exciting signings before it turning to abject rubbish again against West Ham. Its been dreadful since then bar perhaps the 2nd half v City and Liverpool away. It is not going to change now, at very best we return to grinding 1-0's, low block on the break and even that won't keep him in a job. He's done here, Levy will not have him as manager when fans are hopefully back in August. It would affect season tickets, sponsorship and the naming rights deal (if that ever happens). No one wants to be associated with this style of football.

I"m sorry, but this is just denial. We weren't any better than this before lockdown. He then had a mini pre season before project restart and we were abject again, we had a run of 3 wins on the spin that glossed over the rancid performances against Sheff Utd, Everton, Bournemouth & Palace. Another pre season and yet again we looked unfit and un coached against Everton first day. We then have a mini bounce on the back of some exciting signings before it turning to abject rubbish again against West Ham. Its been dreadful since then bar perhaps the 2nd half v City and Liverpool away. It is not going to change now, at very best we return to grinding 1-0's, low block on the break and even that won't keep him in a job. He's done here, Levy will not have him as manager when fans are hopefully back in August. It would affect season tickets, sponsorship and the naming rights deal (if that ever happens). No one wants to be associated with this style of football.
I don’t like the style of football either, so not remotely in denial about that. But before this lockdown, which I assume you are talking about, we were top of the league. I was happy with that.

Yes, maybe I over exaggerated to make my point. Just as Jose didn’t “wreck” Man Utd. We all do it.

I’ve no boner for Jose. I just think we should give the guy who we supported massively in the summer, who is operating under difficult circumstances, more time.

And in that, I’m not wrong. If people disagree with me, that’s their right. The poll suggests I’m in the minority, but I’m comfy there.
Don't say we. A lot of people disagreed from the start and predicted the fucking car crash were in now

Don't say we. A lot of people disagreed from the start and predicted the fucking car crash were in now
Which “we” do you have issue with?
Nope...just being funny. Charming language though.
No, you were being a creepy cunt. And don’t make me search the forum for the number of times you’ve used the same word. It’s plenty.
Football was shit tho
So? We played nice football in the Poch years. Doesn’t take much silver polish to upkeep the fuck all we won though.

I don’t like the style of football either, so not remotely in denial about that. But before this lockdown, which I assume you are talking about, we were top of the league. I was happy with that.
I was talking first lockdown in March, we were terrible prior to that and the performances of the last 2 months are a mirror image. We were top but bar 2 games we weren't playing well. Some of us said it wasn't sustainable unless we improved. We haven't improved and thats why we're 9th.

I was talking first lockdown in March, we were terrible prior to that and the performances of the last 2 months are a mirror image. We were top but bar 2 games we weren't playing well. Some of us said it wasn't sustainable unless we improved. We haven't improved and thats why we're 9th.
So last season after he came in at the end of November?

100% correct. There’s no coaching going on. Every manager says so. Purely recovery work and nothing else. That’s why we need to just get through this season and accept it’s going to have elements of clusterfuckery to it.
Tuchel in charge with just over a week and we can see some signs of what he wants his team to do.

14th to 6th in his first ten matches. Think he did improve things. Tough job to take on too.
Got to 5th with the bounce and blew it. Deserved a further chance and has completely fucked it up. We look worse than when he came. Not great defensively, cant create, cant score. If he's name was Eddie Howe and he had produced the same reults and performances he'd be gone by now. We can discuss this over and over but he's done here, its when not if.

Back
Top Bottom